Actors who are better looking than the characters they play?

MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
Forum Member
Any examples?

I'm going to go with Patsy Palmer.

Comments

• _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clare Cooper who played Jacqui in HO is stunning in real life, in my opinion, but always looked completely different as Jacqui - much harder faced.

I also think Kellie Bright and Maddy Hill who play Linda and Nancy in EE are extremely pretty in real life (Kellie looks so much younger), and aren't always done justice by their clothes and styling when they're in character. Although I actually love Nancy's style, to be fair.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda Henry. When she had that Rod Stewart hair I wondered if the producers had made her grow it like that for Shirley!
  • aspijackaspijack Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shona Mcgarty she has nice eyes but Whitney looks like she needs a wash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Himesh Patel looks a lot better in real life than as Tamwar
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Heather Trott actress. She looks so much better in adult clothes and not some ridiculous Heather costume.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Hooton who plays Sam Dingle in Emmerdale.
  • MyBeautifulHairMyBeautifulHair Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bill Ward, now some Barton and formerly Charlie Stubbs. :p
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    The actress who plays Phoebe in HO.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Clare Cooper who played Jacqui in HO is stunning in real life, in my opinion, but always looked completely different as Jacqui - much harder faced.

I also think Kellie Bright and Maddy Hill who play Linda and Nancy in EE are extremely pretty in real life (Kellie looks so much younger), and aren't always done justice by their clothes and styling when they're in character. Although I actually love Nancy's style, to be fair.

Maddy Hill definitely she looks sooo much better dressed feminine. They do a good Job disguising her looks.
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actress who plays Phoebe in HO.

Yes she is very pretty in RL. Agreed about Claire Cooper too.
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Nicole Barber-Lane is a lot better looking in real life than Myra ever was. Barber-Lane is actually only 6 years older than Claire Cooper, who played Jacqui McQueen, her on-screen eldest daughter. Wouldn't think it! To think Barber-Lane was only 31 as well when she began playing Myra!
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    Any examples?

I'm going to go with Patsy Palmer.

I have to agree. Patsy Palmer always looks absolutely amazing off screen.
    I also think Jo Joyner looks much better in real life aswell
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemma Oaten who played Rachel in Emmerdale. She's a really pretty girl in real life but not as Rachel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ho- phoebe (mandip gill)
    Robbie (charlie clapham)
    Ste (kieron richardson)
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I thought Claire Cooper was very sexy as Jacqui, but agree that she looks softer and prettier in real life. Also, agree about Mandip Gill. They make her look more tomboyish on the show, but she's really pretty outside of the show.
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen her in 'real life' but i'd bet the girl who plays Sophie's new gf in Corrie, srubs up really well.:)
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know she's left recently but Rachael off ED was stunning in real life. But she always had her hair tied back and wore tacky clothes
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The incredibly gorgeous Claire Cooper (Jacqui HO)

Agree that Mandip (Phoebe HO) and Maddy (Nancy EE) are very pretty when they are not dressed as their characters. Even as their characters their pretty, but they look very different all dressed up.
  • BeaconboofBeaconboof Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maddy Hill is stunning.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    Jennie McAlpine always looks loads prettier than her character Fiz in Corrie.
    David Neilson who plays Roy Cropper scrubbed up well at the soap awards, nothing like his dowdy character.