Options

Internet Trolls

Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They must be the biggest cowards on the planet spreading rumours and delighting in hurting people. >:(

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    So what is your point then?
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Have you fallen for the tabloid line that uses the term troll to describe people who are deliberately abusive on the Internet?

Because some trolls are actually harmless, and can be quite funny.
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They must be the biggest cowards on the planet spreading rumours and delighting in hurting people. >:(

Most DS trolls are totally lame though.... they're so rubbish I actually feel embarrassed for them.. So obvious and predictable. I think real trolls laugh at them behind their backs.

The spammers who sent out emails claiming to be from the NHS telling people they had been found to have a high risk of having cancer though... now that's cowardly scum
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My point is why do they do it?

Do they get pleasure out of it or are they just sad bastards hiding behind a computer?
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keyser I know you're fairly new to the forum. Take this up with DS with the alert button on a post or send them a message. The link is at the bottom of every page. This was gossip mongering IMO.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Holy sweeping generalisations Batman. Some trolls are hilarious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My point is why do they do it?

Do they get pleasure out of it or are they just sad bastards hiding behind a computer?

I believe some of them just do it for fun and some just do it because either they may have issues or are just angry at the world.

I remember there was a troll today creating stupid threads on the Soap, Showbiz, Music and General Discussion sections but he's inactive now.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Look, if you do the crime be prepared to do the time. Don't have a massive go at the general populous.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    Most DS trolls are totally lame though.... they're so rubbish I actually feel embarrassed for them.. So obvious and predictable. I think real trolls laugh at them behind their backs.

The spammers who sent out emails claiming to be from the NHS telling people they had been found to have a high risk of having cancer though... now that's cowardly scum
    Pretty much this :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bunions wrote: »

Seconded.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »

A mention of 'real trolls' and look who appears!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look, if you do the crime be prepared to do the time. Don't have a massive go at the general populous.

I'm not. :confused:

Who do you think you are? >:(

And I have not committed any crime either. Are you jealous?

Anyway I have complained about the poster so I hope something is done about it. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What exactly is Keyser supposed to have done?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anyway I have complained about the poster so I hope something is done about it. :(

Best approach is to totally ignore them.... don't give them any reaction... they hate that... drives them crazy not getting the attention they crave but obviously don't have in their own lame existences.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    What exactly is Keyser supposed to have done?

Nothing as far as I am aware. But the above poster got knocked back by a mate I have on here so has decided to shit stir.
  • Options
    Forum Member

What poster trolled you? :o:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    What poster trolled you? :o:cry:

I am not going to say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing as far as I am aware. But the above poster got knocked back by a mate I have on here so has decided to shit stir.

Just put him on ignore... problem solved!
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed the OP was referring to various deleted threads (earlier today) by im soooo [something], one of which was distasteful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    I assumed the OP was referring to various deleted threads (earlier today) by im soooo [something], one of which was distasteful.

Scandal - tell us more!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »

They've made several distasteful threads on other parts of DS. They had even wished several DS members dead, too. Quite a pain in the ****, to put it mildly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Scandal - tell us more!

Like did he have a car?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just put him on ignore... problem solved!

I find it frustrating though.

But you are right, they are not worth my time. Thanks mate. :)
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw, there's different types of trolls!

Not all of us, I mean them, are bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problem... trolls aren't worth the energy dealing with their sh3t stirring. Although sometimes they're good for a laugh. Scrolllock could always come out with something hilarious