Is there any TV reception on Shell Island?

BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Heading off there on Sunday with dads motor caravan. Is there any tv reception on that part of the coast? And if so which way do I need to point the aerial?

Comments

• Michael09Michael09 Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BMR wrote: »
    Heading off there on Sunday with dads motor caravan. Is there any tv reception on that part of the coast? And if so which way do I need to point the aerial?

Hi there just ran it through the coverage checker and according to that you should be able to recieve channels from the Blaenplwyf transmitter. Hope this helps :)
  • BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it does. Looks like I need to point the aerial south then....
  • Dr.OliverTwichDr.OliverTwich Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Use the official spectrum planning predictor in detailed view for the site postcode (use a partial of the site name as house name/number can sometimes be a bit more accurate...

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/trade/LL45+2PJ/shell/0/1rrha2ptm66cteqjap02cifh21 suggests ARFON to the NNW may be slightly better than Blaenplwyf (but is PSB-only). Arfon is vertically polarised, rather than horizontal too.

Suggest you try both and use the TV meter to determine what works best.
  • BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blaenplwf is coming in great with the old saucer omni aerial on the roof so the signal must be pretty good....no need to play with the directional aerial after all. ..