HO: Newcomer Rick

beegee82beegee82 Posts: 501
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/hollyoaks/articles/news/new-character-rick-set-to-join-hollyoaks

Reallly hoping hes not connected to Fraser in anyway in some lame attempt to keep this gangster cr*p going.

My other thought is maybe he could be the father of Sienna's baby??

Any other thoughts folks?

Comments

• grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the father of Siennas baby is supposed to be about her age well that's the impression I got from her conversation with Patrick. But the are rumours going round that Leela is Peris mum and the dad is in prison and he possibly raped her.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,260
    Forum Member
    :o For a moment i thought that said Victor Garber.
  • beegee82beegee82 Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I had forgotten about the Leela/Peri thing... I think that could be more likely!!
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon he's the one Sam said 'He's out in a few weeks about
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no, waveguide said he was a long lost relative of Holly's and he causes commotion in the village so he is either a Cunningham (possibly Gordon's brother?) or something to Holly's Dad.
  • StrictlyDowntonStrictlyDownton Posts: 1,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwertye wrote: »
    no, waveguide said he was a long lost relative of Holly's and he causes commotion in the village so he is either a Cunningham (possibly Gordon's brother?) or something to Holly's Dad.

He may come into the village for that purpose, knowing he has the Cunninghams as relatives in the village so he does have some sort of business there but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't have another reason to be there. Sam was worried for a reason, crying her eyes out that "someone was coming out in a few weeks" and that it was something she was fearing in the back of her mind for a while. Something tells me that though Rick has family in the village he may use this as a mask for the real reason he's there hence the commotion he causes ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she said six months not a few weeks... also six months is around the anniversary
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies - tbh I'm in and out of first look at the moment - have them all to watch on the first look and am up to Grace trying to throw Tegan off a cliff however I did see a part of the ep where Sam did stress over the fact that someone was being released soon (6 months) and that it did have an impact on their family, not that they didn't have enough going on at that point. The whole thing could be a red herring anyway, Rick could be linked to the Cunninghams and whoever is linked to Rick outside of that (i.e. another new cast member) could be the person the Lomaxes have been worried about or Sophie's father. It just depends on when the character does come into the village, what either Sam or Patrick's reaction may be to that. If there isn't one, he's probably very little (directly) to do with either storyline. It's an interesting one though.
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next week it says about a long lost relative but she's not going to start work in Rick's bar until well after that. I'm sure it said she runs away with Jason
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on here suggested he could the Roscoes twin's father.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Someone on here suggested he could the Roscoes twin's father.

That's a good theory especially as Sandy is leaving. She wouldn't be able to leave them if they're only 17 would she?
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is rick the dude who kidnapped grace
  • EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes I also think he is the father of robbie and jason
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is rick the dude who kidnapped grace

That was Ray, Grace said she killed him but we never saw her do it. Rick is a new character, that Holly and Jason will soon meet.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    That was Ray, Grace said she killed him but we never saw her do it. Rick is a new character, that Holly and Jason will soon meet.

Thanks priscilla. I was thinking ray was quite hot but mixed him up with rick. Lol.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    qwertye wrote: »

He could be her Granddad, on her Dads's side. However why would this cause commotion. Unless he kicks up a fuss about not knowing Holly for all these years.

Not sure being Gordon's brother would either. Id say its something to do with the Roscoes.