Loss of mainly BBC channels

kinetickinetic Posts: 146
Forum Member
Can anyone help me with a problem please. For sometime my freeview reception has been crap. It's mainly the BBC channels and at times other's as well. Pick, Really as a couple of others. They are usually no signal, pixellated or nothing comes up at all. I have rewired the aerial plug at the TV end so it's all new wiring, I have moved other electrical equipment away from the TV in case of interference.

Before all this started, reception was perfect on every channel. I'm at a loss to know what else to do. All help is appreciated. I was also wondering if this is atmospherics due to adverse weather conditions over the past few months. Thanks again for all help.

Comments

• David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if the signal is marginal at the best of times, but is just about ok to get working pic+sound, a change of season or change in weather can make enough diference to drop that signal down to cause problems.
    there r multiple signals to make up the entire freeview service, and these signals are not always the same strength. also some signals travel slightly better than others. so its poss a change in the season or weather can effect some chs but not others, and it can vary to.
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem with a local relay from Winter Hill.

Not related to weather, trees etc, just a poor signal strength some days / nights, just BBC Channels.

Over the last year or so.

BBC signal Strength at times, 20% down to zero %

All other non BBC channels show 100% signal strength, at all times.

BBC Denied there was a problem, but all my TV's and PVR's with two different aerials all showed a reduced signal strength on BBC Freeview Channels, HD being the worst.

In the end I gave up reporting this to the BBC, and installed in line aerial amplifiers, which "solved" the problem.

No low BBC Signal Strength issues since.