What Jobs have you had?

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
can be , work experience ,volunteery or paid work

for me i have had 3 work experience jobs , the first one at school at a garden centre in 2008 as a back room member pricing stock , second one at the college i went to in 2010 as a admin assistant and the third one working at the job centre.

Comments

• and101and101 Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 work experience jobs working for a tv repair shop and magazine publisher then 14 years as a self employed software developer. Now I am a director of an IT and Electronics company.
  • Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Saturday job in a boutique while I was college then got married and moved towns so I couldn't use my qualification.

Got a job at a firm that supplied all the needs for science lessons in schools. Including everything you might need for a dissection lesson. At my interview the chap in charge of the stores, took a package from one of the shelves and threw it to me - i caught it. It was a dead rat, preserved in formaldehyde. "Well that's got that over" he said......
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barman, shop-worker, groundsman, research assistant, mechanic and my current job for the past 18 or so years Materials Engineer.
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Domicilary care assistant and admin
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm currently a full-time student but I used to work in a local pet shop. It was only a summer job as the shop closed down, but I enjoyed it at the time.
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a saggar maker's bottom knocker for a while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Waitress, Childminder and currently a student.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »
    I was a saggar maker's bottom knocker for a while.

Really, where at? My Grandad started as an apprentice saggar maker's bottom knocker at the Diamond Refractory back in the early 30s.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waitress, office assistant, nursery assistant, maths & English tutor, sexual health counselor... All of those were part-time jobs slotted around school/college, sexual health counselor is ongoing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I had to collect up all the phlegm that Winston Churchill coughed out into a bucket by the side of his bed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Chicken Line Operative - Receiving End.
    My job was to grab chickens from wicker baskets, wrap small tag things around their legs and hang them upside down on hooks on a convener belt before they went to get stunned and killed.

Order Processing Agent.
    Same chicken factory, but this time in the office processing orders from supermarkets and shops.

Shop Assistant.
    The chicken factory had it's own shop, I worked there.

Traditional Servicing Assistant.
    Working in a Life Assurance company, processing surrender values and maturity values calculations and dealing with complaints.

IT Services Assistant.. Then up the chain passing through 1st Line Help Desk Officer, 2nd Line Support Analyst, Senior Support Analyst to ITIL Service and Problem Manager, and Senior IT Financial Services Account Supervisor after changing companies.

Then unemployed for a short time, before being an IT Services Officer.

Then unemployed again when the company went out of business.

Current employment: Dole scrounging scumbag.

A few other temporary jobs here and there, bar work, shop assistant, worked in a call centre for a couple of months.
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worked in a golf club - did waitressing for functions and worked in their cafe, then the resteraunt, and then the bar.
    Worked in another golf club purely behind the bar
    Worked in my students union behind the bar (sensing a theme :p) and in the shop,
    Volunteered in a charity shop
  • AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Almost entirely various retail jobs
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alleged receptionist (that was school work experience). Checkout operator (Saturdays only). Office assistant. Turnstile operator. Currently personal assistant.
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since leaving school at the age of 16 in 1978 I have done the following:-

Teleprinter Operator/Relief Receptionist/Office Junior
    Junior Secretary
    Telesales
    Various temporary secretarial/admin roles
    Telex Operator
    PA/Secretary in a freight forwarding firm
    Office Services Supervisor
    Receptionist
    PA/Secretary in a printing company
    Legal Secretary/PA/Legal Assistant

Currently working as a temporary Legal Secretary on short-term assignments but looking for a permanent role in a similar capacity.
  • c0boc0bo Posts: 6,468
    Forum Member
    Mail Sorter
    General Assistant
    Sorter
    General Assistant
    Steward
    Warehouse Assistan
    Shop Assistant
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worked as a shop assistant and chambermaid through my teenage years then became a travel agent, gave that up to go into social care.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worked in newsagent at weekends when I was 16-18. Secretarial work at various places over the years including BAT, various structural surveryors and property companies and a year working at a legal firm in San Diego, CA. Also, worked evenings in a video shop for several years after work between 28-32, a job I did for love as much as for the extra ££. Free access to films :D

Now I'm a parent/carer to my daughter and my parents.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maths teaching assistant (twice - short term)
    Maths tutor
    Administrator (twice)
    Mail sorter
    and my current job of research analyst.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    have had two jobs one lasted 13 years in a recycling factory as a supervisor the other 17 months as a PCSO in the Met currently on esa
  • highking1014highking1014 Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At 21 i've had none but I had work experience in a TV studio and I used to have to help my father with fishing, proper boat fishing
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mostly administration
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In order:

Office Assistant (2 week work experience)
    Warehouse Operative
    Bench Engineer
    Bench Engineer & on-call technical support
    Call Centre worker
    Inventory Controller (posh version of warehouse operative)
    Voluntary Publicity/PR
    Voluntary Team Leader
    Now Self-Employed
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Care Assistant
    Shop Assistant
    Call Centre Agent
    Sandwich Maker
    Barmaid
    Receptionist
    Event/Security Steward
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worked in dog kennels as a kid/teenager. (Both breeding and boarding kennels).

Also had paper round - in the 70s when paper rounds were massive! Did it on my bike. Also did casual work in the fields, picking peas and picking strawberries.

As a grown up, became a teacher. Have also taught people to teach and once worked briefly P/T at a university Admissions Office and P/T teaching to pay my way through a Masters programme.

I had to give up teaching to care for my disabled son, so as I was stuck at home with no income anyway, took up writing for magazines. Now am a freelance writer and researcher and will act as an (unpaid) consultant for museums with certain items, as I occasionally get asked to go in and look at summat and say what it is or how it was made.