Options

Corrie - Poor Michelle

ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,781
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Steve's been nasty to Michelle. Now Liz has appointed somone above her to be deputy/assistant manager.

After all the criticism she has received, re the babyswop & throwing Steve out of his own pub, are the writers trying to develop some empathy for her character?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it were anyone else other than the lovely Michelle I would feel sorry for the character ooh well....it's not her pub!! so what 's the problem? it's about time she was brought back to reality LIZ is the landlady

:)
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    charmedend wrote: »
    If it were anyone else other than the lovely Michelle I would feel sorry for the character ooh well....it's not her pub!! so what 's the problem? it's about time she was brought back to reality LIZ is the landlady

:)

I think that after all the criticism she has received, the writers are desperately trying to save her character by trying to get viewers sympathy for her.
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Actually I think the new producer realise that she shouldn't be at the centre of the show and is trying to move her out of the focus following Liam's death...
  • Options
    Analogue_TVAnalogue_TV Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Steve's been nasty to Michelle. Now Liz has appointed somone above her to be deputy/assistant manager.
    After all the criticism she has received, re the babyswop & throwing Steve out of his own pub, are the writers trying to develop some empathy for her character?

I think so. Corrie producers see michelle as a major character, so they need viewers to feel sorry for her. So Steve's giving her a hard time, so is Liz, she's argueing with Maria and Carla a lot. Michelle is obviously going to have a lousy start to 2009 in the hope that people will want her to get back on her feet.

Maybe its just what the character needs, people are fed up with her getting compliments about her hair all the time. Maybe she will become a proper character now:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    No, I think they know we hate her, thats why the Steve plotline is being played to look funny rather than horrible to watch.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    But as much as I dislike Michelle, I can't condone what Steve's doing. I just think it's downright horrible considering the circumstances. And this is coming from somebody who desperately wants to see Steve and Becky together.
  • Options
    moonbabymoonbaby Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In normal circumstances I'd feel sympathy but Michelle deserves all she gets. She's acted like the landlady of the Rovers for months and its not even her pub! I think its hilarious that Liz has got someone else in to manage it:D
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Actually I think the new producer realise that she shouldn't be at the centre of the show and is trying to move her out of the focus following Liam's death...

That's what I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    well it seems to be working, i feel sorry for michelle, and cant stand that becky. but a lot of people seem to see chemistry between becky and steve....i am yet to see it...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evamoo wrote: »
    well it seems to be working, i feel sorry for michelle, and cant stand that becky. but a lot of people seem to see chemistry between becky and steve....i am yet to see it...
    I cannot bear Becky either, shes a stupid, overbearing cow who acts like a complete moron. And from what I have read about episodes from early next year then:
    Becky dumps Steve and sods off with Jason anyway :rolleyes:

So after all of this terrible storyline involving her and "Ste", which I am sorry but I do not find entertaining, amusing, lovable, believable or interesting in the slightest - she nicks off anyway with that fat headed Jason whom she was supposed to have utter comtempt for? :sleep:
  • Options
    LauraEvanall25LauraEvanall25 Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    The Steve/Becky thing has been far too rushed. Many scenes feel forced as a result but they do have chemistry together at least which is more than can be said for Michelle and Steve or Michelle and any character for that matter come to think of it.

If it was any other character I'd feel something for them, empathy etc. But with Michelle I see it as karma. She's getting her just deserts. I mean it wasn't that when she kicked Steve out of his own pub earlier in the year was it?

Michelle should just go really. Without Steve she serves no point. And their relationship doesn't work. There's no way Steve or anyone would put up with her. And she doesn't work as top dog of the Rovers despite the character thinking that's what she is. I wish Bet was still around she would have slapped her down for being the lazy tempremental mare she is. An absolute waste of time and space.

Michelle has been a whinging borefest from the get go really. It's too late to save the character. What purpose does she serve now? Even Kirk is a more watchable character.

(NB: I'm no fan of Becky either, I don't get the hype about her at all and the writers will soon ruin her like they did Miss Hell and many other characters whether that be through constant overuse or poor storylines or both as was the case with Miss Hell)
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like michelle and she deserves better than shes getting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Now Liz has appointed somone above her to be deputy/assistant manager.

How silly is that..? She walked through the door, and started her first job..Bingo you get the managers assistant job on day one, without any training etc..:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Glitter03Glitter03 Posts: 2,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    How silly is that..? She walked through the door, and started her first job..Bingo you get the managers assistant job on day one, without any training etc..:rolleyes:

Yeah but Liz had already said that the woman she employed works as a barmaid and is 'one of the best in the north west'!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Glitter03 wrote: »
    Yeah but Liz had already said that the woman she employed works as a barmaid and is 'one of the best in the north west'!

oh right,,Sorry i wasnt listening..lol:D
  • Options
    Cracklin RosieCracklin Rosie Posts: 3,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot bear Becky either, shes a stupid, overbearing cow who acts like a complete moron. And from what I have read about episodes from early next year then:
    Becky dumps Steve and sods off with Jason anyway :rolleyes:

So after all of this terrible storyline involving her and "Ste", which I am sorry but I do not find entertaining, amusing, lovable, believable or interesting in the slightest - she nicks off anyway with that fat headed Jason whom she was supposed to have utter comtempt for? :sleep:

I don't think that has been confirmed. As far as I know;
    Jason proposes to Becky as she gets quite friendly with him again as Becky and Steve decide to cool their relationship over Christmas because of Amy. Steve then proposes himself leaving Becky with a huge dilema. It will be one of those who will Becky chose storylines + I don't think the outcome has actually been revealed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that has been confirmed. As far as I know;
    Jason proposes to Becky as she gets quite friendly with him again as Becky and Steve decide to cool their relationship over Christmas because of Amy. Steve then proposes himself leaving Becky with a huge dilema. It will be one of those who will Becky chose storylines + I don't think the outcome has actually been revealed.
    I read it in here http://www.itv.com/PressCentre/CoronationStreet/Ep6993Wk04/default.html ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah right, remember back when Michelle kicked steve out his own pub?!
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me who thinks the characterisation has been awful with this storyline? Steve isn't like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me who thinks the characterisation has been awful with this storyline? Steve isn't like that.

I agree, but she is a moaning faced b!tch so maybe hes a wee bit p!ssed off. Know i would be listening to that every day! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I'd rather Steve was with Becky - never liked Kym Marsh much in Corrie anyway :D
  • Options
    Arcane2Arcane2 Posts: 13,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've felt sorry for Michelle recently, which I didn't think was even possible.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    WGERS1873 wrote: »
    Yeah right, remember back when Michelle kicked steve out his own pub?!

Whilst she had no right to do so, it was with good reason. Michelle has never cheated on Steve, but he has cheated on her twice. She's got enough going on with the recent death of her brother, and he should be supporting her, not choosing this time to treat her like utter shit just so she'll dump him so he can go off with Becky. He's a spineless git.

Once again, I'm no great fan of Michelle, but I have a degree of sympathy for her at the moment.
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie seem to be saying recently that if you get bored of your partner, or just go off them its perfectly ok to cheat/have an affair. It's weird.
  • Options
    RadicalNatureRadicalNature Posts: 5,104
    Forum Member

:mad:! I give up :( Corrie looks like it's going to be crap for weeks.