Which new singers do you think will still be around in 10 Years time???

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol Kate Perry around in ten years? Come on now. xD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Definitely Will Young, possibly James Morrison for the boys.
    Muse is a good choice for the bands. Not sure about the girls, maybe Adele as she has personality and a voice. Can't see Amy being capable of perfroming in 10 years, she barely can now.

Good question:)
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    As much as I hate to admit it, Westlife will probably still be around in 10 years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    rebel yell wrote: »
    Lol Kate Perry around in ten years? Come on now. xD

Ten weeks, probably... :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady GaGa could go either way. Personally, I would love to see Lady GaGa going from strength to strength in ten years time. :)
    Forum Member
    I think people said the same about Madonna.

I could be wrong but Lada Gaga has something about her reminds me of a young madonna.

That's what's so fantastic about music. I could listen for hours on end and still not hear what everyone else seems to be hearing from Lady GaGa. :confused:

And yet I fail to understand how every music lover hasn't proclaimed Delays to be the best band around today.

There is no good and bad music, because when each of us listens, we all hear something different! :)
    Forum Member
    Poker Face wrote: »
    Lady GaGa could go either way. Personally, I would love to see Lady GaGa going from strength to strength in ten years time. :)

As evidenced from your user name! :)
  • DrPepperDrPepper Posts: 2,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink
    MCR
    Kelly Clarkson
    Lady GaGa
    Britney
    Killers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    I could see Rhydian will be around for many years to come. He has the substance rather than just relying on look or gimmick. Has anyone listened to him album yet? There are some really good songs such as a duet with Idina Menzel ‘What if’, an original song ‘I’m coming home again’, and his version of ‘Not a dry eye in the house’. It's a pity they don't seem to be getting enough airplays for everyone to enjoy.

I also think Will Young will still be around for a long time, so as Beyonce.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As evidenced from your user name! :)

Indeed. :D Are you a Lady GaGa fan?
    Forum Member
    DrPepper wrote: »
    Kelly Clarkson

Good call.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    Beyonce
    Adele
    Amy Winehouse
    Lady Gaga
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some bizarre reason, I can honestly see the Pussycat Dolls being around in ten years time. :confused::)
    Forum Member
    Poker Face wrote: »
    Indeed. :D Are you a Lady GaGa fan?

Lol, completely the opposite, I totally fail to understand what the fuss is about! :D

But how boring if we all liked the same.

I'm full of peace and love right now after last night's football. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D

Ah well, we all have different opinions. :)
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Nelly Furtado
    Justin Timberlake
    Avril Lavigne (I can see her having the career Cyndi Lauper has now for some reason)
    Snow Patrol
    Coldplay
    Leona Lewis
    Pink
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adele
    Amy
    Lily
    Vampire weekend
    Kings of Leon
    Arctic Monkeys
    Maximo Park
    Kaiser Chiefs
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    :eek: I forgot Nelly Furtado. I can see her lasting a long time yet. All of her albums are so unique from one another and she really changes with the times which can only be a good thing in my mind. Same goes for Pink.

I think Justin is like Beyonce. They started off with music they are best known for and then slowly (but sucessfully :D) started drifting into other genres.
  • Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,015
    Forum Member
    Much as I loathe her body of work, I think Beyonce has a good chance of still being around, although she has already had a career getting on for 10+ years now, so doesn't really count as new.

I suspect a lot of the other acts mentined may still be going, but I don't think they will be 'big' any more. Muse may have a shot, but they are already pretty niche (it's a big niche but a niche none the less)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    hard to believe that britney & christina will both be 37 in 10 years! how time flies.

I bet they will still be huge stars

Yeah, I bet they will. Spears especially.;)
  • speigelspeigel Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muse are the only ones mentioned so far who even deserve to be on this thread. ALl the others are hopeless talentless bimbos.
  • Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,667
    Forum Member
    James Morrison
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Avril Lavigne? Hardly new, but I think she will be around for a good few more albums ;-).
    Katy Perry I can see lasting a while, not being a massive chart success forever, but still earning enough to carry on making music :-).
    Jordin Sparks could do well, possibly as well as Kelly Clarkson
    Beyonce I don't particularly like but she will definitely still be around.
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Biko wrote: »
    Britney/Christina were fresh and grounbreaking for that time which is why there is still an affinity with them whereas Katy Perry/GaGa as much as people like to think that they're so fresh and innovative, they really aren't, they're imitators. I'd rather listen to Santogold, Ladytron, Robots In Disguise, Ladyhawke, Yelle etc than Lady GaGa, theres just more depth.
    Not that I've got anything against her, she is basically an electronica version of Gwen Stefani.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwen Stefani's been in music 20 years so more than likely she will continue to be for a fair while. Same with Kylie probably.
    Girls Aloud will probably have split within the next ten months let alone ten years... They seem to be coming to the end of their life with Cheryl getting a bit too big for the rest of the band and the one who lives in America not paying much attention to it.
    The Pussycat Dolls might still be around after a few line up changes I suppose, some of them look old already though and its not their talent thats selling their music... They do need to switch up the line up to survive. But losing Nicole (The one who sings) would pretty much wreck them.
    Take That are unlikely to split again really.
    I can see Avril having a Madonna-lite career, I mean she's already reinvented herself from teen-pop to grumpy goth girl to girly cheerleader and actually managed to sell. She's a good singer too.
    Leona, Beyonce and Christina's talent will hopefully keep them in the music industry.
    Britney's not that talented but the media love her, if they don't turn her into a freak show like they did with MJ she could still be on top of her game in 10 years riding current trends.