Options

Craig Dean - gay? (Part 17)

Comments

• Options
    bekzjbekzj Posts: 13,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So there goes the SE then, on the back end of a bus! That actually made me chuckle for some strange reason...
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    So not only did they stick in the knife, but they twisted it and then laughed about it. Utter bullshit. Did they really have to keep putting in those references just to rub it in?

On the plus side, was nice to remember JP had that sarcy side. I'd forgotten about that and steller performances by Kieron Richardson and especially PJ Brennan but all I could do was laugh at the farce of the last scene. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    I didn't watch. Was a reason given for the split?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    I didn't watch. Was a reason given for the split?

Not yet, just that the sunset faded to grey.
  • Options
    yikesyikes Posts: 7,276
    Forum Member
    bekzj wrote: »
    Not yet, just that the sunset faded to grey.

Hello my dear hope all well with you .

Much the best thing to do is not to watch it I reckon . Why let them piss all over our memories

Alex x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,796
    Forum Member
    Hi folks. Reading tweets, I'm quite glad I didn't watch!! :-(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched yet but from what I've read, the references to the Sunset Ending being over were unnecessary.
    'Sunset fades to grey'
    The sunset poster on the back of the bus
    Was they really necessary? The poster may as well have said 'FU Mcdeaners'! :rolleyes:.
    We know it's over, no need to hammer home the point quite so forcefully....:rolleyes:

The rest I'm really not bothered by. JP being sarcastic and miserable is very much in character and the JPendan shag was nothing but another pointless obstacle to throw in Stendan's path.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yikes wrote: »
    Hello my dear hope all well with you .

Much the best thing to do is not to watch it I reckon . Why let them piss all over our memories

Alex x

Hi Alex! I hope you are well. Unfortunately I have to watch because I love Brendan but luckily not to such an obsessive degree as McDean... ;):o
  • Options
    yikesyikes Posts: 7,276
    Forum Member
    Moustaches and Northern Ireland accents fortunately do nothing for me !

No doubt they will have up their sleeves that when JP leaves HO again he will be off screen reunited with Craig to say they did not betray the sunset ending -

The point is they have surely misunderstood the McDeaners - it wasn't the characters themselves but what they stood for that made them so important to so many .

Now where did I put that DVD with ...
    " I did " pause " I do "
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    yikes wrote: »
    Moustaches and Northern Ireland accents fortunately do nothing for me !

No doubt they will have up their sleeves that when JP leaves HO again he will be off screen reunited with Craig to say they did not betray the sunset ending -

The point is they have surely misunderstood the McDeaners - it wasn't the characters themselves but what they stood for that made them so important to so many .

Now where did I put that DVD with ...
    " I did " pause " I do "

Er, Emmett Scanlan is not from Northern Ireland, he doesn't have a northern accent. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh well, thats that then.

I had managed to accept JP and Craig being over but they didn't really have to twist the knife in so much did they?

I didn't mind the JP/Brendan scenes liked seeing the old JP snark.

Actually more annoyed that they are playing up Ste going back to his abuser as some great romantic statement than anything.

Only thing I am interested in now is any interaction JP and Ste may have. Knowing HO they will push that aside but Stendan angst and twue wuv. *gags*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SiobhanC wrote: »
    Oh well, thats that then.

I had managed to accept JP and Craig being over but they didn't really have to twist the knife in so much did they?

I didn't mind the JP/Brendan scenes liked seeing the old JP snark.

Actually more annoyed that they are playing up Ste going back to his abuser as some great romantic statement than anything.

Only thing I am interested in now is any interaction JP and Ste may have. Knowing HO they will push that aside but Stendan angst and twue wuv. *gags*

I enjoyed snarky JP too, that's pretty much exactly how I remember the character. The cracker scene made me laugh.
    I also liked the Brendan and JP chat but could done without the pointless JP and Brendan shag! Although that last scene was crying out for JP and Ste dialogue. Maybe that will come tomorrow when Ste is over the shock of catching them together.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit I didn't even see the poster, until someone mentioned it! The whole SE turns to grey line, I did after that think, yeah ok HO, think the McDeaners have the message! Could just see BK pi**ing himself over that one!

But I lost my McDean love a long long time ago, so was pretty blah about it all. Wasn't happy to see JP, he reminded me why I stopped liking him, but now he just has to spit out what happened with Craig and HO can do whatever they want with him!!!
  • Options
    FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched yet but from what I've read, the references to the Sunset Ending being over were unnecessary.
    'Sunset fades to grey'
    The sunset poster on the back of the bus
    Was they really necessary? The poster may as well have said 'FU Mcdeaners'! :rolleyes:.
    We know it's over, no need to hammer home the point quite so forcefully....:rolleyes:

I'm really annoyed about that.. they could have handled it gracefully and respectfully, instead they went for the mocking. It was really uncalled for.

I almost wish that BK's return gets the show finally cancelled... after he managed to ruin EEs, he's not up to a good start with HO. Me, petty?? Why would you think so??? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Francy wrote: »
    I'm really annoyed about that.. they could have handled it gracefully and respectfully, instead they went for the mocking. It was really uncalled for.

I almost wish that BK's return gets the show finally cancelled... after he managed to ruin EEs, he's not up to a good start with HO. Me, petty?? Why would you think so??? :D

I must admit I thought it was harsh on McDeaners and I'm def not one of them anymore. But I'm sure I would've been really pee'd off if I was still one. I did actually think that HO would do a FU McDeaners type thing because they have done the odd thing like that in the past. I think they may have done it to stop any McDeaners watching and moaning about it!! Only JP lovers wanted by HO. :D

Now it seems BK is having a little chuckle at the McDeaners expense, oh well, never mind guess it gives him something to do other than polish his sad JP shrine!

Well if what BK expects that Theresa and Will could be the future of the show, or whatever it was he said, you may find your cancelled wish will come true!
  • Options
    sazb12sazb12 Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all!

Well i have watched the ep but not the JP scenes. Even my love for Brendan couldn't make me watch.

I only know what happened and what was said on twitter and Zoe has told me a bit too.

The sign on the bus and the line about the sunset was awful, and taking the piss out of us. I also think it was like them throwing the SE back in our faces, which i must say is such a lovely thing for them to do. :mad::rolleyes: But i think it was shown a while ago that they weren't going to show any sensitivity, with having JP sleep with Brendan mere hours after splitting up with Craig!

And you are right Jen, i truly believe they want to piss off all McDeaners so we dissapear and leave them alone, so they can carry on and act as if McDean never happened.

Well that's fine because the whole thing is just nonsensical anyway, IMO. No way would McDean have ended, let alone like that. :rolleyes: They are going to now just write JP however they want and have him do what ever they want. It wont even seem like the same person.

Anyway, if they want to treat it like that then i am going to pretend that they are still together and happy in Dublin cos that would be the case if BK hadn't been so desperate to get James back.

And HO can go screw themselves cos i was going to stop watching once Brendan (Emmett) had left anyway, but bringing JP back is just gonna give me the push i need to stop watching.

Don't let them ruin your memories of McDean everyone! Don t let them win. Bunch of arseholes! :cool: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sazb12 wrote: »
    Hey all!

Well i have watched the ep but not the JP scenes. Even my love for Brendan couldn't make me watch.

I only know what happened and what was said on twitter and Zoe has told me a bit too.

The sign on the bus and the line about the sunset was awful, and taking the piss out of us. But i think it was shown a while ago that they weren't going to show any sensitivity with having him sleep with Brendan mere hours after splitting up with Craig. :rolleyes:

And you are right Jen, i truly believe they want to piss off all McDeaners so we dissapear and leave them alone, so they can carry on and act as if McDean never happened.

Well that's fine because the whole thing is just nonsensical anyway, IMO. No way would McDean have ended, let alone like that. :rolleyes: They are going to now just write JP however they want and have him do what ever they want. It wont even seem like the same person.

Anyway, if they want to treat it like that then i am going to pretend that they are still together and happy in Dublin cos that would be the case if BK hadn't been so desperate to get James back.

And HO can go screw themselves cos i was going to stop watching once Brendan (Emmett) had left anyway, but bringing JP back is just gonna give me the push i need to stop watching.

Don't let them ruin your memories of McDean everyone! Don t let them win. Bunch of arseholes! :cool: :D

:D Loved the rallying call at the end!!

I think some McDeaners are going for the JP and Craig happily in Dublin and this is either a fake JP or a clone!! Or HO no longer actually exists!

Yeah kind of HO being insensitive to McDeaners, really was forecasted with the shagging a bloke hours after Craig left thing!!!
  • Options
    Natuk80Natuk80 Posts: 11,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did watched the episode with JP scenes, as I was curious to see why Craig and JP had split up. It'll be interesting to see how they explain their breakup.

I haven't watch HO for a few years now. I laughed about the SE poster on the back of the bus, and the line sunset usually fade to grey or something like that was another finger stuck up to the Mdeaners. I thought It was a bit harsh tbh, I found it unrealistic for JP shagging a bloke, 5 minutes after Craig. But end of the day, it's only a soap.

We sure had some fun on here, I am over McDean now. Still got our Craigy snowflake cardie. :cool:;):D

Bye!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Francy wrote: »

Although I wasn't going to watch, I had it on mute & the poster on the back of the bus made me spit my drink out :mad: a total piss take, no need for that. JP was his usal crap self tho. Always was nothing without Craig & I'm hoping they've gone for the 'dark' storyline of him selling it which would give me a laugh. Craig would be justified in sodding off.

BK did ruin EE. He's ruined another SE in Kat & Alfie, so he''s just going for the double by doing this :mad:

It's just sad..all those fics of them in Dublin :cry: but it's par for the course. They can't take the memories & the friendships made I guess...:)

& it's a sneaky work post..but more sneaky than 4 years ago when I had my own office :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching last night but because of Brendan and Ste more than anything. As I'm pretty much over McDean I wasn't that bothered, but I did feel a bit nostalgic seeing JP back, its almost like he hasn't changed, still the teenage boy, except for jumping into bed with a stranger. I really didn't buy JP and Brendan sleeping together, although its something Brendan does I don't see JP as his type, and I really don't think old JP would go for someone like Brendan. Hey ho - guess they wanted an OMG moment to bring him back in.

Re the FU McDean bits - e.g the poster, I didn't even notice at first but I bet they were wetting themselves with glee at that one. Couldn't ram home the message of this is your SE riding off on the back of a bus anymore :rolleyes: Also did snort at the "sunsets fade to grey" line, could they be anymore obvious?!

Anyway I will be watching up until Brendan leaves so I'm sure I'll see JP's story and any reasoning behind McDean split. I hope they don't blame Craig. I am interested to see whether it really is an epic new story that JS just couldn't turn down, or whether he basically needed a job. Time will tell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natuk80 wrote: »
    We sure had some fun on here, I am over McDean now. Still got our Craigy snowflake cardie. :cool:;):D

;) Love it :D
  • Options
    cherrytops(82)cherrytops(82) Posts: 3,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natuk80 wrote: »
    I did watched the episode with JP scenes, as I was curious to see why Craig and JP had split up. It'll be interesting to see how they explain their breakup.

I haven't watch HO for a few years now. I laughed about the SE poster on the back of the bus, and the line sunset usually fade to grey or something like that was another finger stuck up to the Mdeaners. I thought It was a bit harsh tbh, I found it unrealistic for JP shagging a bloke, 5 minutes after Craig. But end of the day, it's only a soap.

Bye!

Was this on yesterday on E4 or channel 4 ? Missed it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    bobi4 wrote: »
    Although I wasn't going to watch, I had it on mute & the poster on the back of the bus made me spit my drink out :mad: a total piss take, no need for that. JP was his usal crap self tho. Always was nothing without Craig & I'm hoping they've gone for the 'dark' storyline of him selling it which would give me a laugh. Craig would be justified in sodding off.

BK did ruin EE. He's ruined another SE in Kat & Alfie, so he''s just going for the double by doing this :mad:

It's just sad..all those fics of them in Dublin :cry: but it's par for the course. They can't take the memories & the friendships made I guess...:)

& it's a sneaky work post..but more sneaky than 4 years ago when I had my own office :o

Hear hear!!! No-one can ever take our memories and the friendships made away from us!!

I was stuck at work last night so haven't been able to watch JP's return yet... out of curiousity I think I'm gonna have to give it a watch tho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was this on yesterday on E4 or channel 4 ? Missed it

Yesterdays E4 so todays C4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lock was a nice touch... Ah well... :(