*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 11)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Sounds like the pre-chorus (i.e. "You know that I want you, you know that I need you, I want your Bad, your Bad Romance..."). Not melodic or anthemic enough for a Gaga chorus. Plus you can hear the production build slightly.

If that's the case, I have high hopes. It's catchy for a bridge. Maybe she'll top herself on the hook scale - Bad Romance has like 5 of them.
    Forum Member
    Oop. Gaga's maaaad.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    Sounds very Bad Romance!

.... which is a good thing btw :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like the snippet! Worried that both Gaga and Katy's singles will be rush-released tomorrow though if Applause leaks in full. That would be such a mess! I feel like both should have their opportunity to shine and don't understand why so many people seem to be diminishing each by comparing them constantly! It's a shame for whoever gets outshined either way. Trying not to get my hopes up for the full version of Applause as that's how I'm usually disappointed! Fingers crossed it will be spectacular - I really hope it doesn't leak in full and that the original plan of Aug 19 goes ahead, that way she'll get the optimum chart position what with the video and everything.

PS does anyone think she may have some sort of radio deal set up? I'm sure Christina had one with Your Body (not that it helped :o) and I think Taylor Swfit and Justin Timberlake have both had them in their most recent eras - would be great if we could rest assured that we've got some definite airplay back up to come!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    man i need a catch up on gags here!!

Okay....so i heard Aura on Thurs...and i felt...oooh its a bit messy...its a bit everywhere....but i have replayed it 20 times...and i kinda gte the themes and message and dig the production style...i just hope the final version has more of a focus...and more insanity!....but i dig it.

The Marina art video is so crazy and freaky...very unapologetically pretentious...but i also kinda like that...discussed with friends on Fb and they feel similar...summed up...very Kubrick style and we all know how INSANE he was!

Okay and the latest teaser image of the mannequin hand/arm...i love...the imagery...it shows like rebuilding/clinical/robotics....i like it very much...very retro.

And now this leaked snippet ....it doesnt show TOO much but it has got everyone talking...and i like that she has a RAWCKISH nature in her voice which i lvoe when she does that...very unique and alludes to when old skool Rock Divas belted them out...yeah...i dig that she has done that...if this leak is definitely true...and agreed remind a bit of BR...from that snippet....but ...a few seconds aint the full thang...and i cant wait to hear and see the full song/video :)

But these leaks all at one time...bit of a Pop meltdown at the moment. I wonder if she will arrest the hacker/leaker like M did with Luvin at the end of 2011....that was crazy town!....Looks like it will be goin down....but makes it all the more eventful too.

Nothing will be spoiled however :))) :cool: so yeah...sums that up for me :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    OK, so the Applause snippet is a bit... I dunno. It's not doing anything. But like toanythingtaboo said, it sounds like a build - I'm pretty sure the A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E bit is going to be the chorus. It's really not (interesting) enough to make any judgments on.

On the other hand, I've been playing ''Aura'' and I'm loving it. It is MESSY but it's VERY GOOD. I love the lyrics (especially in the verses, and even more especially the ''Enigma popstar'' bit).

Also, Katy and Gaga have been tweeting each other nice things, which is disappointing, but I hope it's in a Stepford Wives kinda way. I'm secretly harboring hopes that they'll fight over Pamela Anderson at the VMAs or something.
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaga on twitter is making me laugh lately, you can tell she's busting to give us new music :D

Loved her tweet to Katy too! (and Katy's reply).

I love the new snippet, I can imagine the chorus being big. I'm gonna applaud it after I hear it in full.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad she's trying to calm the fan wars she probably should have tried to do it a lot sooner but it's a shame she had to do it at all really. On the upside it might stop a repeat of all the bad press her fans got during BTW if they listen.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJames99 wrote: »
    I'm glad she's trying to calm the fan wars she probably should have tried to do it a lot sooner but it's a shame she had to do it at all really. On the upside it might stop a repeat of all the bad press her fans got during BTW if they listen.

I feel like she said something in the past, but people still said she was encouraging it. :rolleyes:

Hopefully things will all go better this time. :p
    Forum Member
    Yeah, she's told fans to cut it out several times now. They won't listen.

Thought it was funny that DS chose to highlight the provocative "ignore criticism" stuff and not the positive words, but c'est la vie.
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad that she's being so active recently. And I like very much what she's been saying on twitter about ignoring bloggers (looking at your Perez) and not to start fan wars. She can no longer be criticised for not saying anything. She's definitely said things in the past and it's gone unnoticed, and many detractors will say it's too late now but I think it's great she's said it now - when the eye is definitely on her.

Has there been another snippet to Applause? There's been more lyrics I think no? I really really hope the song doesn't leak before the 19th, as hyped as I am and as much as I can't wait to listen to it. I want everything to go to plan this time and for there to be no mistakes. I have no idea how they're going to last til November without the entire album leaking though..

Selc - I'm sure she'll have a radio deal set up. It seems to be the done thing these days so I'd be surprised if she didn't have something organised.

I can't get my head around how much we're getting on the 19th - song, video and performance, after so long of waiting for nothing and now suddenly to have so much to look forward to and so soon! I can't wait!! :)
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    You could tell that the bloggers tweet was aimed at Perez for trying to stir it all up as usual. Poor PopJustice thought at first that she was referring to all music bloggers, I doubt it though, many have good things to say about her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Applause chorus has leaked in LQ. Only a matter of hours before the full thing creeps out of the woodwork.

http://m.soundcloud.com/kao_intouch/applause-lights-out

EDIT: Honestly don't know how to feel about what I'm hearing, but I'm trying to reserve judgement until I hear it in full, and not in such terrible quality.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think it is a ref to Perez...awful man -_- i mean i dont "hate" but seriously....no...

love the snippets....i have an inkling in a couple days the leak may happen however...i may refuse to listen till Monday however...but it all seems to be pointing that way.

Love the clips of her and her friends partying to the album (i think) at a party...Aura was being played too...sounds very heavy and sonic by the couple of clips of her dancing around....very much need insane material in my life right now :)
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the bits we have heard I don't think it sounds like anything in the charts at the moment which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it

For me it's a good thing :)

She did say that the album would be in some ways experimental and it looks like it might-- as to how commercial it is remains to be seen but I 'm looking forward to it :)
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just heard a HQ snippet of the Applause chorus. I really like it.
    I was a little worried about the album with that Burqa song which I didn't like at all. But this sounds much better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    I just heard a HQ snippet of the Applause chorus. I really like it.
    I was a little worried about the album with that Burqa song which I didn't like at all. But this sounds much better.

In HQ?! Do you have a link?!
    Forum Member
    It looks like she's going to release Applause either today or tomorrow because of the leaks.

This isn't what she wanted, but at least we get a proper chart battle. :D

I hope the music video comes along too!
    Forum Member
    OK, it's in the next 15 minutes then. Whatever, Gags.
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://twitter.com/ladygaga

Here we go ......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    http://www.kiss108.com/iplaylist/artist/1055684/

IT'S HEREEEEE!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE ITTT!!!!
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here it is chaps:

http://www.kiss108.com/iplaylist/artist/1055684/

Listening to it now!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i really dig it....very happy and stompy....and clappy and not forced...it is what she needs as a lead single :)) very good and Power Pop.