I need your help with losing some weight - quickly!

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    both of these are silly :o

you be hungry in the day..also can you drink tea/coffee and have anything else ? bit extreme

She's asked for a 'crash' diet. I don't anticipate she expects to feel full and happy, I thought that was pretty obvious :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    both of these are silly :o

you be hungry in the day..also can you drink tea/coffee and have anything else ? bit extreme

They make more sense than asking if you can still buy skipping ropes though.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best thing you can do is book yourself into a spa for a slimming wrap which helps you lose a few inches for a couple of days. But as you don't have much money I think you should just borrow a dress from a friend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    They make more sense than asking if you can still buy skipping ropes though.

i was just asking if you can still buy them in shops as i dont see them..Didnt mean i was gonna buy one
  • JOHNORJOHNOR Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Some really nice posts, so thank you :)

Ok, I've stopped drinking any milk since I first posted & my stomach is no longer as bloated? Could I have an intolerance?

I'm sticking to peppermint tea in the mornings, scrambled eggs for lunch & then either halloumi salad or chicken salad for dinner. I think I will look ok on the wedding, well I'm desperately hoping I will.

Bought a gigantic hat, so that should detract some attention from my problem areas.

Looking forward to starting weight watchers when the wedding is over, never want to feel this sense of panic again!
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edit: On hindsight no.

Move along, nothing to see here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a good time JOHNOR
  • AvinAGiraffeAvinAGiraffe Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Have a Google at the Zoe Harcombe diet. It's along the lines of Atkins but less severe, I think. I lost 9lbs in the first week (though I am a heifer and have definitely got it to lose) and have since lost another 3 stone (since middle of Feb). It's pretty much no carbs and fats together in the same meal. And no processed food. Cut out the sugar etc.

Sample of my daily intake
    Breakfast - 2 slices of bacon, fried in butter, and 2 poached eggs
    Lunch - tuna and homemade mayo with salad
    Dinner - steak with cheese on and a mountain of raosted veggies.

Drink - water and fruit teas (nicer than they sound!)

So if it's really only the bloating you want to take care of for a few days I'd ditch any carbs and fruit and just eat protein and vegetables, drink enough water to keep you hydrated through the day but not gallons, avoid fizzy drinks and anything processed or containing sugar or sweeteners.

Make sure you eat enough food though. If you're going to a wedding and may be having a drinkie or twelve then you don't want to be doing it on an empty stomach!

Oh, and SPANX!

Good luck and enjoy the wedding. :)
    Forum Member
    Walk..lots of it..it shifts it and walk with fast pace :p
    Forum Member
    Did the OP lose her weight ? Not seen her on the board for abit
  • tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted, maybe inappropiate.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    get your frock altered.

edit: or not.:o
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's surefire pound loss for a few days - eat a breakfast. Eat a healthy lunch. Don't eat anything else until you go to bed. It works.
    You forgot the magic ingredient. The one thing that never fails to help people lose weight.

Exercise :)

But as well as feeling awful the OP should note that a crash diet can be bad for you.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweight/Pages/should-you-lose-weight-fast.aspx