Options

Talking whilst at the urinal

Comments

• Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Elyan wrote: »
    "How's it going , alright?" - that's OK.

No no no, this is not ok. :p

At the absolute most a silent nod to another (but only whilst entering or exiting said toilet and not whilst at the urinal) is acceptable. but no talking. I'll make an allowance when at the sinks too I guess! :D
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do what I do and use the cubicle. I never wee standing up unless I have to. I don't get why men feel they have to stand up to wee just because they can. Surely sitting down has gotta be more comfortable.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick question for those who get touchy about this subject of etiquette. :p ... :blush:

Is it about another guy actually daring to deliberately, or accidentally get a glimpse of the penis itself, or is it the fact that the said member is actually being viewed by somebody else while actually performing one of its functions, namely taking a leak?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Count yourself lucky it was just a chat about the weather! I was in Debenhams public toilets once when a staff member who I'd passed on the shop floor came in and stood next to me as I was in full flow. Looking straight down they said "I've never been able to pass water as clear as that mate". Needless to say I didn't have a ready answer available to such an odd comment. As I finished he simply looked again and said one word "nice" to me. I walked out having said nothing back whatsoever and thinking I was not the first he'd done it with. I wasn't annoyed, just bemused!

LOLL'ing at this - in fact I just burst out laughing.

It was me, by the way.

Only joking lol.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOLL'ing at this - in fact I just burst out laughing.

It was me, by the way.

Only joking lol.

Are you sure? :D

You may not recall this big hit from the late 80's by Karel Fialka called Hey Matthew, so this might not register with you, but here goes.......

Sings slightly rearranged lyrics to start of song.....

"I was standing with Matthew, We were watching my pee, I said Hey Matthew what did you see?"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you sure? :D

You may not recall this big hit from the late 80's by Karel Fialka called Hey Matthew, so this might not register with you, but here goes.......

Sings slightly rearranged lyrics to start of song.....

"I was standing with Matthew, We were watching my pee, I said Hey Matthew what did you see?"

Saw a big, bad chopper coming in to land.

In your case however, just the landing strip.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my local pubs used to get full of art students and some of them were like animals, even the women.

One night, about ten years ago it was packed out as they had a band on for the students end of year leaving do. The women's loo had such a queue for the toilets that this one woman who looked like a bit of a butch lesbian, walked in to the gents, realised the gents cubicle was also occupied so she pulled her pants down to her knees and peed into the urinal right next to where I was standing. Her words were, 'F**k it I'm not standing there all night waiting for the womens, I'm bursting.' Classy eh? It was quite a feat of physical dexterity i'll admit but I seriously didn't know where to look. I didn't even know it was possible for women to pee standing up. Suffice to say I was suddenly struck down with stage fright and not able to go and left rather quickly.

I can't believe anyone would do such a thing. If that had been a bloke in a women's loo he would have been slung out of the pub.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    The Wizard wrote: »
    Do what I do and use the cubicle. I never wee standing up unless I have to. I don't get why men feel they have to stand up to wee just because they can. Surely sitting down has gotta be more comfortable.

I prefer sitting too when at home. When using public or work toilets I tend to use the urinals though. I wouldn't fancy sitting on a seat covered in piss.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    "The other day I needed to pay a visit to the public toilet, so I found a public toilet that had two cubicles.

One of the doors was locked. So I went into the other one, closed the door, dropped my trousers and sat down.

A voice came from the cubicle next to me: 'Hello mate, how are you doing?'

Although I thought that it was a bit strange, I didn't want to be rude, so I replied 'Not too bad thanks.'

After a short pause, I heard the voice again 'So, what are you up to?'

Again I answered, somewhat reluctantly, 'Just having a quick s***... How about yourself?'

The next thing I heard him say was "sorry mate, I'll have to call you back. I've got some c*** in the cubicle next to me answering everything I say.'

:D:D ...that is priceless!!!!:D:D

LostFool wrote: »
    I almost always use a cubicle. Normally, I can't "go" using a urinal at all. I could stand there for ages and nothing happens, yet go into a cubicle and I'm in full flow in seconds. The only exception is if I'm absolutely bursting and there isn't a cubicle free *and* there's nobody else at the urinals - and even then I don't like it.

...totally agree - urinals are horrid!! And on another note, where are you supposed to wipe - I hate to 'drip dry'...!!!!! :p
    el_bardos wrote: »
    I always thought there were 4 essential rules to urinal usage that all men knew

1) Never occupy a urinal next to someone if you can leave a gap
    subrule 1a) Never leave a gap of two and force the next person in to make the choice of who seems less weird and likey to break one of the other rules to stand next to.
    2) Eyes fixed straight ahead
    3) No talking
    4) Any more than 2 shakes is suspicious.

......nice!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The other day I needed to pay a visit to the public toilet, so I found a public toilet that had two cubicles.

One of the doors was locked. So I went into the other one, closed the door, dropped my trousers and sat down.

A voice came from the cubicle next to me: 'Hello mate, how are you doing?'

Although I thought that it was a bit strange, I didn't want to be rude, so I replied 'Not too bad thanks.'

After a short pause, I heard the voice again 'So, what are you up to?'

Again I answered, somewhat reluctantly, 'Just having a quick s***... How about yourself?'

The next thing I heard him say was "sorry mate, I'll have to call you back. I've got some c*** in the cubicle next to me answering everything I say.'

Hilarious lol - that's brilliant.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member

subrule 1a) Never leave a gap of two and force the next person in to make the choice of who seems less weird and likey to break one of the other rules to stand next to.
    3) No talking

I would be deeply suspicious of any man not following these rules - they are the cornerstones of mankinds urinary experience.
  • Options
    SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick question for those who get touchy about this subject of etiquette. :p ... :blush:

Is it about another guy actually daring to deliberately, or accidentally get a glimpse of the penis itself, or is it the fact that the said member is actually being viewed by somebody else while actually performing one of its functions, namely taking a leak?

I don't get it either. Maybe I'm just not that insecure!
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    There's been no back peddling I have admitted to using the mens toilets about three times when it has been incredibly busy late night in a pub over 15 years ago as a late teen and I am sure I am not the only one.

when I mentioned children suddenly your 'carnival nights barrel night' turned into 'pub past 10 at night'. You back-pedalled more than a clown on a unicycle.

It has nothing to do with respect or privacy, its about needing a pee, I suppose I could have gone and peed in the street but IMO that's worse or I could have peed my pants. I mean most of us don't plan our weeing habits fifteen minutes in advance which is how long it would have probably taken for the queue at the ladies to go down.

It has everything to do with respecting the privacy of an individual person. If you need to urinate then use the womens rest room. If there is a queue then queue up.

As for grown women if I use public toilets nine times out of ten someone will see me these days having a wee as most cubicles dont fit prams in and I wouldn't leave my child outside of a locked door even for a second so the answer is people walk in and see me weeing, do I care not really its a natural bodily function , I believe everyone does it

Restrooms are segregated by gender for a reason. Maybe you don't care about who you're seen by, but most people do and it's time you learnt to respect that.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my local pubs used to get full of art students and some of them were like animals, even the women.

One night, about ten years ago it was packed out as they had a band on for the students end of year leaving do. The women's loo had such a queue for the toilets that this one woman who looked like a bit of a butch lesbian, walked in to the gents, realised the gents cubicle was also occupied so she pulled her pants down to her knees and peed into the urinal right next to where I was standing. Her words were, 'F**k it I'm not standing there all night waiting for the womens, I'm bursting.' Classy eh? It was quite a feat of physical dexterity i'll admit but I seriously didn't know where to look. I didn't even know it was possible for women to pee standing up. Suffice to say I was suddenly struck down with stage fright and not able to go and left rather quickly.

I can't believe anyone would do such a thing. If that had been a bloke in a women's loo he would have been slung out of the pub.
    The woman was probably TWS.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

3) No talking

I prefer the roll and pinch technique like getting the last little bit out the end of a tube of toothpaste. Always does the trick with minimum shakage. Obviously doesn't work on circumcised men.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Using public toilets......ummmm let me think, their best hope for privacy is a cubicle.

You're shy aren't you I would be surprised if a lot of men haven't seen a female in a mens toilets at some stage its quite common in pubs when busy

But I bet the same wouldn't be tolerated in reverse. If a man walked into a women's loo even though it's all cubicles and you can't see anything, no doubt there'd be uproar and the fella would be thrown out and labelled a pervert yet somehow you think a woman peeing openly in front of fellas and children is somehow acceptable?
    I personally think all toilets could be unisex, I have seen men in womens loos too using the cubicle mind

Do you not think that this would create a huge potential for seedy men exposing themselves to women or possibly rape or voyeurism? Not all toilets are occupied by loads of people all the time. If I was a woman I'd feel extremely uncomfortable walking into an empty loo by myself and have a drunken guy follow me in being the only woman in there.

It's not about urinating being natural, it's about being in a vulnerable situation having your private parts exposed and the possibility of other people getting off on that.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    The woman was probably TWS.;-)

No not a butch lesbian type and neither would I pee in a sink

But see other women have taken a wee in the men's previously, it does happen.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just turn to face them, they usually stop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But I bet the same wouldn't be tolerated in reverse. If a man walked into a women's loo even though it's all cubicles and you can't see anything, no doubt there'd be uproar and the fella would be thrown out and labelled a pervert yet somehow you think a woman peeing openly in front of fellas and children is somehow acceptable?

Do you not think that this would create a huge potential for seedy men exposing themselves to women or possibly rape or voyeurism? Not all toilets are occupied by loads of people all the time. If I was a woman I'd feel extremely uncomfortable walking into an empty loo by myself and have a drunken guy follow me in being the only woman in there.

It's not about urinating being natural, it's about being in a vulnerable situation having your private parts exposed and the possibility of other people getting off on that.

This was fifteen years ago, probably closer to 20, everyone's branded a rapist or a pervert now

I am sure several men have used the women's toilets when out drinking.

Why are women suddenly peeing in front of men and children?

People getting off at men peeing at urinals, I don't actually recall seeing a penis at all on the occasions I used the men's, the backs were towards the door and I walked past and used the loo

Would I use the men's now probably not I'm not a teenager now I'm in my thirties, I don't even go out past ten, let alone go out and get drunk and I certainly don't got out the busy times of the year where I would have to queue too long for a wee and risk wetting myself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mounty wrote: »
    when I mentioned children suddenly your 'carnival nights barrel night' turned into 'pub past 10 at night'. You back-pedalled more than a clown on a unicycle.

Not at all carnival generally start between 7 -8 pm by the time you've done the route and got back to hit the pubs it's gone ten, carnivals are busy times especially when a whole troupe of you hit the pub.

And guessing you have never been to a tar barrel event in the evening

As for respect, if that's one of the worst things I did as a teenager and it was perfectly acceptable under the circumstances, considering the men in there said it was fine I would say I'm good thanks

If any man present had voiced his dissent when I said don't mind me if I use the loo I wouldn't have gone in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was fifteen years ago, probably closer to 20, everyone's branded a rapist or a pervert now

I am sure several men have used the women's toilets when out drinking.

Why are women suddenly peeing in front of men and children?

People getting off at men peeing at urinals, I don't actually recall seeing a penis at all on the occasions I used the men's, the backs were towards the door and I walked past and used the loo

Would I use the men's now probably not I'm not a teenager now I'm in my thirties, I don't even go out past ten, let alone go out and get drunk and I certainly don't got out the busy times of the year where I would have to queue too long for a wee and risk wetting myself.

You said that when you use a cubicle you have to leave the door open so people have no option but to see you having a wee. You also admitted to using the gents loo if need be. So surely if that was in a men's loo or a unisex toilet which you are all in favour of then men and children would see you taking a pee. I'd say that was highly inappropriate wouldn't you?

Also in my experience when men have had cause to use the ladies loo they usually ask permission off the landlady who goes in to check that it's empty or they will knock to see if anyone is in there first. I'm not aware that it's normal procedure for a bloke to just walk in and use a ladies loo whenever he feels like it. I'm pretty sure something like this in a public facility could get him arrested. Oddly the same doesn't seem to apply to women.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When me and my wife used to go to this gay pub, the landlord encouraged all the crossdressers and transgendered people to use the ladies loo because women would be less bothered by it because it's all behind closed cubicle doors whereas straight men who used the gents might take offense at standing next to a bloke hitching his skirt up to take a pee in the urinals. It also helped to curb any potential fighting in the gents loo between straight men who would take offense at standing next to someone who was gay thinking they were being oggled over. It might sound ridiculous but it did happen hence for the personal safety of gay men they were always encouraged to use the ladies loo as gay blokes weren't seen to be a threat to women.

Personally it would be a lot better if they just did away with open urinals altogether and just had all cubicles if it wasn't for the fact that some filthy blokes can't help but pee all over the loo seats.
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surprised there isnt more impromptu choral singing in mens' loos. seeing as tiles give a very good acoustic ........ time for a quick Handel chorus whilst standing in a row together .........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe nobody's posted this yet. It's a pisser....literally.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qJmgLqQ-uog
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe nobody's posted this yet. It's a pisser....literally.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qJmgLqQ-uog

Literally pissed myself laughing at that one lol.

Didn't get the chance to reach a urinal, mind.