Dean Martin back on the air

MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well after 3 months off air after Gold made their changes, Dean Martin returned to the airwaves this afternoon. He was on NuSound Radio 92FM. He had so many calls to his request show that the online listening servers broke! Calls came in from Liverpool, South Wales, Yorkshire and Essex.

I understand he is soon to take over the breakfast show on the station.

Welcome back Dean!

Comments

• dml21dml21 Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Well after 3 months off air after Gold made their changes, Dean Martin returned to the airwaves this afternoon. He was on NuSound Radio 92FM. He had so many calls to his request show that the online listening servers broke! Calls came in from Liverpool, South Wales, Yorkshire and Essex.

I understand he is soon to take over the breakfast show on the station.

Welcome back Dean!

Yes welcome back!

He sounded great, over 3000 online listeners I heard, the music was good.
  • alan.walan.w Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a great show but one hour went so quick :( looking forward to the full show when it starts :p
  • suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should give Dibzy a run for his money lol.
  • tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listen again available here:

http://www.deanmartindj.com/#!radio/cunh

The music is fine but the commercials - ???????????. I've forgotten how bad Essex commercials are (with profuse apologies to Essex guys & girls).
  • HotkeysHotkeys Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Love to see them prove 3000 simultaneous listeners...

Great to see old Dean back behind a mic but lets not run away with the "facts" this is a community station and clearly a stop-gap until Dean finds himself the gig he deserves.
  • AL89AL89 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not much kop but its a job I suppose
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,670
    Forum Member
    Hotkeys wrote: »

Great to see old Dean back behind a mic but lets not run away with the "facts" this is a community station and clearly a stop-gap until Dean finds himself the gig he deserves.

Indeed, but as he said himself, it's better than doing nothing and it is a FM station on his own turf.

Can't help thinking that it should be an evening show when he returns rather than breakfast as Dean does request and listener interaction best and do people have time in the mornings?

Listened to the show last night and it was like the old times.
  • Teletubby08Teletubby08 Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Indeed, but as he said himself, it's better than doing nothing and it is a FM station on his own turf.

Listened to the show last night and it was like the old times.

I didn't think he sounded very relaxed, maybe because it was a new station.

It does seem a strange idea of putting him on this station, it doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the output.

I wonder how the conversation went ?

DM's agent : "Dean, I have got a new regular gig for you - the breakfast show on an FM station in London"

DM: "Wow, thanks - breakfast, terrific, they normally get a big audience, and on FM as well. I knew something would come up."

DM's agent: "Unfortunately the pay is not terrific, but it gets you back on air"

DM: "What station is it ? Heart? BBC Radio London? Magic? Smooth? .."

DM's agent: "Err no, it is Nu Sound Radio 92.0"

DM: "Who ??"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't the breakfast show currently aimed at the Asian market?
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,670
    Forum Member
    Isn't the breakfast show currently aimed at the Asian market?

Personally I have never listened to the station before but from the website it does appear to be an Asian station.

Dean said that he was using the frequency NOT the station but it does seem an odd choice and surely the show will stick out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the schedule.

Dean is a professional and I'm sure he knows exactly what he's doing and it'll all become clear in time.

I wonder if he doing the show from a home studio as I wouldn't have thought the music he will be playing would be on the stations regular playout system.
  • PhilHPhilH Posts: 2,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's easier to get a job when you're in a job.
  • alan.walan.w Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »

I wonder if he doing the show from a home studio as I wouldn't have thought the music he will be playing would be on the stations regular playout system.

Dean did say to a local caller that he got to the studio by putting the postcode into his satnav :p