Calling all Monty Python experts!

laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all

My question is about the Castle Anthrax scene in the Holy Grail film. Why is it described as "a string of pussy jokes", obviously apart from the clear references to spanking and oral sex? In particular, is the name Zoot of any significance? I'm not weird, just naturally curious and a bit thick, and I've been pondering this for the last 30-odd years!

Comments

• mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who described that scene as a string of pussy jokes?
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoot was a zoot suit, a jazz guy thing. Dont know of any other reference.

I was reading thevother day that they had troubles with the film rating because of that sequence, so maybe they had to take some stuff ouy.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only time i have heard of Zoot was the name of the Muppet that played the saxophone on the Muppet Show.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because the two peasants in the "get on with it" scene says so :D

also STUPID BLOODY KNIGHTS!!!!!

idiots
    ^_^
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member
    Hi all

My question is about the Castle Anthrax scene in the Holy Grail film. Why is it described as "a string of pussy jokes", obviously apart from the clear references to spanking and oral sex? In particular, is the name Zoot of any significance? I'm not weird, just naturally curious and a bit thick, and I've been pondering this for the last 30-odd years!

I've never seen it described as such, and rather than being a 'string of jokes', it's a one-joke sequence - nubile young women gagging for it, and Sir Galahad being 'rescued from the peril' - two jokes! There are two jokes, nubile young women and Sir Galahad being rescued and Sir Lancelot being gay - three jokes! Among the jokes are...I'll come in again...

I think the names 'Zoot' (and 'Dingo') and even 'Castle Anthrax' are just silly names picked to be deliberately unattractive.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Zoot Suit" was the 'b'-side to "I'm The Face", the first single by The Who-albeit they released it under the name The High Numbers.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'i did become a knight to sample as much "peril" as possible'.....
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never seen it described as such, and rather than being a 'string of jokes', it's a one-joke sequence - nubile young women gagging for it, and Sir Galahad being 'rescued from the peril' - two jokes! There are two jokes, nubile young women and Sir Galahad being rescued and Sir Lancelot being gay - three jokes! Among the jokes are...I'll come in again...

I think the names 'Zoot' (and 'Dingo') and even 'Castle Anthrax' are just silly names picked to be deliberately unattractive.

Sir Galahad was also supposed to be heroic and pure/chaste (and also Lancelot's son).