Options

Main reason for Winstons over reaction

ThadThad Posts: 447
Forum Member
In my opinion this is all about his fear of losing muscle mass. Lack of food is a threat to that.

I used to train hard and it can become a proper obsession. Sure he will make other excuses, but I would put money on it being his primary concern.

Comments

• Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thad wrote: »
    In my opinion this is all about his fear of losing muscle mass. Lack of food is a threat to that.

I used to train hard and it can become a proper obsession. Sure he will make other excuses, but I would put money on it being his primary concern.

Interesting

I must say, I was a bit taken aback and couldn't understand Winston's over the top reaction to losing the luxury shopping budget

I could see where others might think it was 'convenient' to lay into Marlon but Winston is his mate and might have been expected to be quietly pleased that he was stying for another week

Yet he was the most furious
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed he was the most cross because he didn't expect him to pull a fast one like that.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is just trying hard to look like a big shot.
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    Interesting

I must say, I was a bit taken aback and couldn't understand Winston's over the top reaction to losing the luxury shopping budget

I could see where others might think it was 'convenient' to lay into Marlon but Winston is his mate and might have been expected to be quietly pleased that he was stying for another week

Winston is Ash's mate, I think they've discussed moving in together. :o Winston has nominated Marlon, Marlon is as important to him as Tamara and Danielle, which is to say not at all. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Interesting

Winston has never been his mate.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I think he is just trying hard to look like a big shot.

I think so too. If the general consensus had been different he'd have gone along with that too. I think he's had a couple of 'big moments' standing up to Helen and he's got a wee bit full of his own importance. He needs to 'pipe down' (love that expression).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member

I don't agree. If losing muscle mass was his main reason, why is he only willing to forgive Marlon if he agrees to give his save to Ashleigh? Marlon giving his save to Ashleigh means they will still be living on basic rations. I think the main reason Winston is upset is because he was hoping Marlon will be evicted. His game is so transparent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't agree. If losing muscle mass was his main reason, why is he only willing to forgive Marlon if he agrees to give his save to Ashleigh? Marlon giving his save to Ashleigh means they will still be living on basic rations. I think the main reason Winston is upset is because he was hoping Marlon will be evicted. His game is so transparent.

Or does he want to appear as 'The Knight in Shining Armour'?
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is interesting

Winston reacted ( negatively ) to Marlon saving himself from eviction more strongly than anyone else in there

I really didn't expect that
  • Options
    Sarahmonial2Sarahmonial2 Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winston also saw the Tweet warning him to distance himself from the Boy Band, (him Marlon and Ash).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This thread is interesting

Winston reacted ( negatively ) to Marlon saving himself from eviction more strongly than anyone else in there

I really didn't expect that

Me neither. In my opinion Winston's mask is slipping.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Winston also saw the Tweet warning him to distance himself from the Boy Band, (him Marlon and Ash).

WOW!!!! I didn't know that - the boy is savvy - that;s very good observation on your part.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This. If Winston has one strong characteristic it's "eyes on the prize". ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its more basic than that and he secretly fancies Ashleigh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its more basic than that and he secretly fancies Ashleigh.

Winston fancies any pretty girl with a pulse. If he does secretly fancy her for her sake I hope it stays a secret.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Vesna wrote: »
    This. If Winston has one strong characteristic it's "eyes on the prize". ;-)

I agree. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vesna wrote: »
    Winston fancies any pretty girl with a pulse. If he does secretly fancy her for her sake I hope it stays a secret.
    yes, and she's the only pretty girl in there.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's looking to appear the defender of the lovely Ashleigh.

Started last night.

Both him and Mark do nothing that is not calculated to get maximum brownie points from the public.

TBH, I wish both Mark and Winston would STFU.
    Their games were amusing for a while but now they are just boringly obvious.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now that is interesting. Now that he has read that this could be what he is indeed doing, and if he is then he is a complete fake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Winston has never viewed Marlon as his "mate" and has never liked him. This has been apparent from week 1. The only reason why Marlon is in Helen's clique is because of Ash, who actually does view him as a mate. He was the least vocal after Marlon pressed the button and got annoyed when Marlon suggested that he didn't want him to stay. Winston used this an opportunity to detach himself from Marlon.

Winston also wants to look good in front of the viewers, which is why he's launched this crusade to defend and stick up for Ashleigh. He believes doing that will gain him points with the viewers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marlon surprised Winston with his lightening-fast button pushing which has impressed no one in the house.

Winston doesn't need Marlon, so why not disassociate himself at this point? Winston is sailing through towards the final and owes Marlon nothing.

I'm not a fan of either of them, but Winston is playing a far better game.
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Conehead wrote: »
    Marlon surprised Winston with his lightening-fast button pushing which has impressed no one in the house.

Winston doesn't need Marlon, so why not disassociate himself at this point? Winston is sailing through towards the final and owes Marlon nothing.

I'm not a fan of either of them, but Winston is playing a far better game.

He's getting major support on BBOTS along with Emma's favourite, Mark. I suppose that helps. I can't stand either of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    In my opinion this is all about his fear of losing muscle mass.

That's the main objection from the men who've worked hard on creating muscle mass in the BBUS house when they are put on slop.

Last year's winner to US Survivor, Tony says he still can't regain the muscle mass that he lost during his 6 weeks on the island.
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly(will the min show, show it tonight though i bet not;-)) he saw the message in the afternoon, that evening he kicked off big style with Marlon....wonder if Ash is next...
  • Options
    GTR DavoGTR Davo Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hard trainer hear! I have a similar build to Winston and I know how much food is important to building and maintaining your body I also know that it takes longer than a week for you to lose muscle mass. There is no way that Winston would lose muscle mass in one week on a calorie deficit scientific evidence that I have read points in the direction that it can take well over 3 weeks as I used to be concerned when I had a 2 week holiday without training or eating properly :)

Winston's reaction in my view was an over reaction "can I have my hoodie back?" school yard stuff indeed - The hoodie, the symbol of friendship :D:D