Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire announced

Comments

• brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The real reason why they are remaking Ruby & Sapphire? Because they are remaking all of the earlier games. First Fire Red/Leaf Green. Then Gen 2, Heart Gold and Soul Silver and now Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. AND You can bet that their next remake is Gen IV, Diamond and Pearl. So in other words, they like money ;)!
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just hoping I can recreate my desert location secret base.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gen 3 is quite widely considered people's favourite generation.

Is it really? I always considered it to be the generation that split fans down the middle. I see debates over it more so than any other generation regarding it's quality. Personally, Ruby and Sapphire are my least faviroute Pokemon Games. But, I think Hoenn will work a lot better in a 3D setting.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really want this and can't wait for it to come out. With bank being available now though I do wonder if I can just complete the dex as soon as I get it. Not much of a journey if Professor Oak gives me the dex and i just turn around and annouce "Finished!" straight away .

Also, the "Choose which Pokemon you want to have" choice isn't gonna be that bad this time - thanks to the GTS, I've got all the starters from all the Generations (so I can just breed the ones I don't choose, then bring them over).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gen III is my least favourite. No idea why... I just always hated it. Hate all the starters too. My favourite is Gen II followed by I and VI
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Gen II was my favourite as well.

I can't pass judgment on Gen III though, as - for some reason - I had gone off Pokemon by the time Ruby and Emerald came out and only came back in 2009 when Platinum was released.
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it seems 21th November for everyone bar Europe where it comes out on 28th.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AxG wrote: »
    Well it seems 21th November for everyone bar Europe where it comes out on 28th.

That's annoying, but at least it's not as bad as it was back in the days of Pokémon Platinum which was released in the US 6 months after it was in Japan. Even more inexplicably, it then took a further two months to cross the Atlantic to the UK and the rest of Europe even though the UK version is almost identical to the US version (they don't even bother translating words like "color" to "colour")
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Polygon wrote:
    The area lets users ... "transform their Secret Base into their own Pokémon Gym."

That makes it even better.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    Gen III is my least favourite. No idea why... I just always hated it. Hate all the starters too. My favourite is Gen II followed by I and VI

I 100% agree.
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else received a code for a special Demo Version of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby from Amazon? :)
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AxG wrote: »
    Anyone else received a code for a special Demo Version of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby from Amazon? :)

Yeah! 👍
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A05RKBT30JN36AKL

A spare code :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And another:

A05RKE032UWJ7HH5
  • ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got a code today. Preordered, received code, cancelled order.

Demo wasn't amazing but it was good to see all the changes they've made from X/Y.

Can't wait for the game.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I can't believe there's going to be a mega beedrill :p Some crazy stats too. I'd been trying to get one to work recently with agility and fell stinger :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always been a fan of Beedril. Been meaning to IV train one then trade to my OR game for my first play through.

Glad they gave it a mega. I'd love to see a mega Slaking, though I imagine he'd be way over powered.
  • LumstormLumstorm Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    For anyone who has the demo or knows is there any indication that this game will be multi-lingual like X and Y were? I would like to buy the Japanese release for my "new" 3DS LL.
    Forum Member
    I've always been a fan of Beedril. Been meaning to IV train one then trade to my OR game for my first play through.

Glad they gave it a mega. I'd love to see a mega Slaking, though I imagine he'd be way over powered.

Yeah,I have used one- then again, I've used pretty much everything, I was running out of things to try :p

Pretty gimmicky set with agility and fell stinger. I really wanted to get fell stinger to work, it's so weak though, it usually can't even finish stuff off.

With adaptability and that power increase on the mega though, I think it'll be viable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lumstorm wrote: »
    For anyone who has the demo or knows is there any indication that this game will be multi-lingual like X and Y were? I would like to buy the Japanese release for my "new" 3DS LL.

If the demo's anything to go by, then yes it will be multilingual.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Yeah,I have used one- then again, I've used pretty much everything, I was running out of things to try :p

Pretty gimmicky set with agility and fell stinger. I really wanted to get fell stinger to work, it's so weak though, it usually can't even finish stuff off.

With adaptability and that power increase on the mega though, I think it'll be viable.

I imagine that he'll be an UU mega. But I'd rather use him than all the usual megas that everyone uses. So boring when people use mega charizard, mawile and kangaskhan.
    Forum Member
    I imagine that he'll be an UU mega. But I'd rather use him than all the usual megas that everyone uses. So boring when people use mega charizard, mawile and kangaskhan.

Yeah, that tends to be what I do too. When I first got X, I used a lot of the stuff that is OU now, before everyone really knew what was what, but I quickly got bored and started trying to make UU and NU pokemon work. Some of my favourite pokemon are UU and NU. You can beat a lot of those OU teams with them, since OU teams can be so predictable and the people that use them often have no idea what movesets and strategies a lot of the UU pokes have.
  • LumstormLumstorm Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    If the demo's anything to go by, then yes it will be multilingual.

Thanks for the reply
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has taken me almost a year but I finally have my full competitive team all in shiny! I've been working on it since someone wonder traded me a shiny flawless Japanese ditto. I'd clearly hacked but perfect for breeding. So I've been MMing my team and Dratini finally hatched this week, I've been working on him since August!

All just in time for ORAS.