Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True lmao..
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankfully they have the radio tour. Hopefully high profile tv appearances too. I think it's going to pick up and do well enough. Followed by DNA.

I think right now the album could sell what "Wings" sold in its first week. Unfortuantly 17k isn't much.

Amazingly at this moment, DNA the album is #68 on US iTunes on the pre orders.

http://kworb.net/itunes/littlemix.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldu wrote: »
    Looks like Chip to me. He is back in the scene...

I was only guessing him because if that is the rapper... Same build plus Chip is with Sony.
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Slick Rick everyone talks about to me is a no no lol.
    Chip, Tinie, Flo, Sean Paul are my guess lol
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    DNA will be releaed May 28th in the US.
    Wings better happen next month because they r releasing the album sooner than I expected.

I Personally think its too soon and rushed.
    I know they are going over there for 3weeks to build on their profile but i think they need to spend more time over there building on their profile before releasing their album even 1D had to do that and still have to do the promo thing now when it comes to album release week.

But going by Little mix diary its looks like its going be a few rushed visits lasting one week or less here and there. Why have their management booked gigs on their supposedly release date in America? its just stupid they need to work with the label more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not sure if we have had this date posted on here yet?

25th march
    http://www.hot975phoenix.com/Contests/Register.aspx?ContestID=170508
  • Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldu wrote: »
    That Slick Rick everyone talks about to me is a no no lol.
    Chip, Tinie, Flo, Sean Paul are my guess lol

Chipmunk follows Little Mix on Twitter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PJ River wrote: »
    I was wondering who was the guy dressed in black in the bottom right of the picture.

https://twitter.com/LMUpdatesBrasil/status/310479878661214209/photo/1

Dressed like a rapper, he seems to have gloves on. What gives it away is that he appears to have some kind of bling bling on his glove. He seems to be center stage as everyone is behind him.

The thing is, I would like to know what the camera is filming because on the small screen, something is written but it's blurry.

That picture came from the same person who said Justin was going to be at the same studio tomorrow. And who posted the backstage video.

From what i've read from the extra's on that day none of them have talked about the featured rapper or singer etc.

just what the video was going to be like and what they recorded i think that bits been hidden from them all and only the media who was there that day know also they recorded something in the rain outside but none of the extras seem to know about this either they didn't actually get on the set till 6oclock at night.

But you could be right as the person who posted the picture has actually taken it down now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rayforever wrote: »
    I know they are going over there for 3weeks to build on their profile but i think they need to spend more time over there building on their profile before releasing their album even 1D had to do that and still have to do the promo thing now when it comes to album release week.

But going by Little mix diary its looks like its going be a few rushed visits lasting one week or less here and there. Why have their management booked gigs on their supposedly release date in America? its just stupid they need to work with the label more.

I know And agree.

I'm sticking with Chip.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artists usually brief cast and extras about confidentiality, I guess that's the reason why they did not say anything or maybe the crew and staff made sure anon extra don't have access to the 'surprise'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if we have had this date posted on here yet?

25th march
    http://www.hot975phoenix.com/Contests/Register.aspx?ContestID=170508

Loving the pic, seems like Jes stole LA's top lol.
    I kinna like the spice girl comparison in terms of popularity, and I hope they head that way..
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might be Chip. ...but it could be Wiley lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought they were going to release it in the Summer. You never know that they may push it back
    Edit: they could always come back in August time for more promotion. It kind of reminds me of Australia. To quick and fast, all compact.
  • Options
    troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the How are you doing video is something like there Baby performance on X Factor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beUWWwkiWD4 that style would suit the video really well.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But you could be right as the person who posted the picture has actually taken it down now

This picture? http://www.littlemixdaily.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_How_Ya_Doin__behind_the_scenes_-_1.png
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chem wrote: »
    I thought they were going to release it in the Summer. You never know that they may push it back
    Edit: they could always come back in August time for more promotion. It kind of reminds me of Australia. To quick and fast, all compact.

Hopefully it is pushed back because May is way too soon.
    Maybe its been given such an early release date to avoid a 5h summer clash release date.

From most British and American artist who's interviews i have read they all say America is the hardest market to get on board and its the one you need to work at most.

3 weeks and a few flying visits is not enough but gigs could be cancelled i guess they ended up canceling a few last years. Just have to see what happens I need to stop being a negative Nancy :D

Their album is 40# atm on Itunes based on pre orders obviously its front loaded but its a good start :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows. If Modest screws this up, which would be the worst thing to screw, then I hope they'd get a new managment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member

This! Cher released WANT U BACK in may, but the song started to get power in July/August! The album was released in October, a bit rushed but it did quite well considering she had 1 single out and the album was like really old. I hope they can manage to debut the album w/ 30,000+ copies in the 1st week like Cher's, but I don't think this will happen if Wings doesn't start to get a power next month.
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member

1D didn't do that much promo tbh, (yes they supported BTR but it was mostly 1D fans who bought tickets, most of the audiences left after they performed, before the main act lol) they had a huge US fanbase before stepping foot there, they were always going to make it. In fact they did more promo after the album if I remember rightly. Their album came out in March.

Yeah the girls need big tv show appearances, also the Today Show before the album is out even Cher and Rebecca performed on it and made a difference to album sales, especially Cher's. Wings really needs to be a hit.....

And a Chipmunk collab is no big news tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows. If Modest screws this up, which would be the worst thing to screw, then I hope they'd get a new managment.

Hahaha, it seems like the Management is out of Sync planning all these gigs around promoting their World Launch or Columbia actually think that this promotion is enough......but who knows. I'm just happy that they got a chance to go to America, play some music and eat their food :D
    But Wings needs to take off in March, April and May
    Edit: I do believe that they will come back to America around August to promote.........:D
  • Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the day of the video shoot (the 8th), Chipmunk was elsewhere, recording some music in a London studio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wiley then?

Edit: I'm just guessing. I don't know who it is
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    Wiley then?

Edit: I'm just guessing. I don't know who it is

I wouldn't mind if it was Wiley.

He featured on Conor Maynard's 4th single for a single mix.

How Ya Doin'? is Little Mix's 4th single. They will have a single mix aswell.

Coincidence? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Little mix me account just posted on their twitter.
    http://www.littlemixme.com/

USA! We'll have details on your #MixersMagnets event soon! But before we want u to check out phase 2 of #LittleMixMe!
This discussion has been closed.