garthy2008garthy2008 Posts: 622
Forum Member
✭✭
So gutted they have canalled both these shows

Comments

• LeeleeSTARLeeleeSTAR Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really, thought lt resort was doing fine ratings wise. Why's it been canned? I hope the wrap the show up with a conclusion.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought Last Resort would go, but it's a shame about 666 Park Avenue, the storm was the last nail for that show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Last Resort lacked something, and 666 Park Avenue was awful.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    ABC will show the entire season (13 episodes) for both shows. CBS cancelled Partners and won't show the remaining episodes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    LeeleeSTAR wrote: »
    Really, thought lt resort was doing fine ratings wise. Why's it been canned? I hope the wrap the show up with a conclusion.

It was doing far far from fine, hell bloody CW beat it in the ratings... This has been on the cards since the lackluster ratings of the pilot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    I like last resort but for me I can't see how story wise they could move it to a second season. So in a odd way i'm happy about this.
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last resort is so bad, but I am watching still!!!!

666 Park Avenue I stopped watching after 4½ episodes as it just didn't get out of 2nd gear.
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even from reading the premise of the show, I knew from the beginning that 666 was likely to struggle on network TV as the idea seemed quite niche. Had it aired on a channel like SyFy it may have stood a better chance.

Last Resort on the other hand had the potential to be amazing. It's probably the most disappointing show of the new season. The OTT patriotism was a bit annoying but I think it's main flaw was it's casting and writing. After three episodes there wasn't a single character that I cared about so I gave up watching.
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lost interest in 666 Park Avenue after two episodes, and even then I had to force myself to watch the second episode in case it got better....
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predicted that the Last Resort would go as i couldn't see any long term vision for the show. In addition to the episodes i watched (up to ep 3) showed no quality or clear progreession in the storyline. As for 666 Park Avenue, it has slowly been improving and the mystery is opening up. But i feel the show could make better use of all its charcters, giving them more to do with the main story and more reasonable interaction between themselves. So i'm disappointed it's going but not heartbroken.
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn Ryan hasn't had a lot of luck since The Shield. Maybe he should move back to cable where they're less demanding of audience figures. He says that at least this allows them to go out in style with some badass episodes. It would be great if he could get Andre Braugher and Jay Kearns working together again.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    Shawn Ryan hasn't had a lot of luck since The Shield. Maybe he should move back to cable where they're less demanding of audience figures. He says that at least this allows them to go out in style with some badass episodes. It would be great if he could get Andre Braugher and Jay Kearns working together again.

Not sure it’s luck, I just don’t think Shawn Ryan has done anything remotely close in terms of quality since The Shield.
    The Shield is my favourite programme of all time so I’ve watched everything Shawn Ryan has been connected too since, but have given up on them all. Apart from The Chicago Code, which was alright.

Meanwhile, the cancellation of The Last Resort might be a saving grace for Hawaii Five-0 as they are being evicted from the building they’ve used as a soundstage and base for the past 3 seasons and finding a replacement in Hawaii was proving very difficult. That, along with lower ratings this year could have jointly put it’s future in jeopardy, but maybe now they can utilise the Diamond Head studios that The Last Resort was occupying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Meanwhile, the cancellation of The Last Resort might be a saving grace for Hawaii Five-0 as they are being evicted from the building they’ve used as a soundstage and base for the past 3 seasons and finding a replacement in Hawaii was proving very difficult. That, along with lower ratings this year could have jointly put it’s future in jeopardy, but maybe now they can utilise the Diamond Head studios that The Last Resort was occupying.

Hawaii 5-0 will be safe for another season either way. From what i gather, it's already got a syndication deal so CBS actually have to guarantee 88 episodes which means it'll get at least one more season after the one currently airing, regardless of the dropping ratings, although those ratings may rise once NBC's Revolution goes off the air for 4 months in two weeks time. I can see 5-0 being moved to Friday though for Season 4 (which probably spells doom for CSI: NY as it'll have to take its timeslot).
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    irishguy wrote: »
    Shawn Ryan hasn't had a lot of luck since The Shield. Maybe he should move back to cable where they're less demanding of audience figures. .

His show, Terriers got cancelled by the cable network FX. Apparently, the critics liked it but the ratings were abysmal.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame about Last Resort. It's a show with many problems but there was still the core of a good concept in there. Given a few changes in cast and scripting, I feel it could have been rescued.

Only saw 2 episodes of 666 Park Avenue and wasn't fussed by it.
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Shame about Last Resort. It's a show with many problems but there was still the core of a good concept in there. Given a few changes in cast and scripting, I feel it could have been rescued.

Only saw 2 episodes of 666 Park Avenue and wasn't fussed by it.

I like Terriers.. thought it had great potential but the audience figures were pretty dire.

Not sure anything could have saved Last Resort... There's an interesting interview with Shawn Ryan on Youtube where he points out the major disadvantage they had with the time slot ABC gave them...

The show is running against Big Bang Theory which draws in a huge audience and also NFL games that appeal to the same male demographic that LR was aiming for. In recent years every show that ABC has put on in this slot has failed.

It's an interesting interview.. worth watching for fans of the Shield and LR which get discussed quite a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRem4oo5UYo&feature=share&list=UU1Jnt2IJ5HWjaYz-EPzglbg
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both shows are only just filming their Finales so hopefully there will be some closure.
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    Both shows are only just filming their Finales so hopefully there will be some closure.

It has been reported that both shows will get a proper finale. I was enjoying Last Resort - there was a lot more than a sub not firing missiles as ordered to it. Have not seen any of 666 Park Avenue
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ashe17 wrote: »
    I like last resort but for me I can't see how story wise they could move it to a second season. So in a odd way i'm happy about this.

I agree. Sometimes a show could benefit from short run to tell its story.
  • thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    with 13 episodes and having time to wrap it up, it's only like when UK shows only have 2 series of 6 episodes.

The plan is always for big US shows to run for years. Having "mini series" or single season shows might not be a bad way to go. Instead of going for multiple years. The instead of having to cancel a raft of shows every year.
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Last Resort is a good show but as i said on the main forum for the show that considering what the show defined i could not seeing it get past a first season.