New Doctor Who Fan (Part 3)

Comments

• kw4121kw4121 Posts: 3,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And don't forget apollo 13

Ahhh Well thats the only film of his i dont like, and by coincidence the only Ron Howard film i dont like either but thats by the by i dont hate it i just dont like it i think the pacing is all wrong and its to reverant in the recreation of 50's america and all that but hey ho never mind cant all like everthing can we :D

And on that note its not Doctor Who related but that never stops a whoonie in this thread :-))

Was just reading the Geek Files at Coventry Telegraphs website and saw an alleged Still from the test footage of the blake 7 remake that B7 Productions and Sky are doing looks awesome if its anything like this i will be one happy geek you can find the story here

Kenneth
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *flails*

First pic of David Tennant's last 'Who' story

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctorwho/tubetalk/a186030/first-pic-of-david-tennants-last-who-story.html

(no spoilers, from scene to be shown in CIN from the start of the episode)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also new pics from WOM on #DS as well you can find them here

looks like the Doctor Who release of stuff is finally ramping up at last yay!!

Kenneth

Ps i have a feeling that there will be a LOT of fangirly SQUEEEEING to this photo from WOM
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kw4121 wrote: »
    Ps i have a feeling that there will be a LOT of fangirly SQUEEEEING to this photo from WOM

They sure do love the hair :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The certanly do :p:D
  • SheMoore19SheMoore19 Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    of course it won't...I am excited to see how it turns out!:D

You should stick an xmas card in with it though I reckon!:D

:o

Only managed one episode of Buffy today which was the aforementioned Bad Eggs as Michelle's friend came round with the baby. Sadly my bezzie mate and his sister were at school. :(

Forgot to mention that Willow actually squeeed in 'Ted' when he was charming her with computer talk. I loved that. :D

Started on Stargate. I've watched the movie and episode 1 of s1 and I have to say that so far I am seriously underwhelmed. I'll keep going for a while though as we all know these things sometimes grab you after a few more episodes.

On to CoE. Day 1 went down a treat. MUCH better than DW was the verdict. I really have to think carefully about which eps to show her now. She didn't like TGitF or FoP when she saw them with Cal. I'm going to show her TAoG and Doomsday as you know and after tonight I thought maybe Blink and Midnight.

Michelle is quite eager to find out what is going on with the kids in CoE. I gave her a little background about Jack - how we met him, what happened with Rose and about how Torchwood came about. I also told her about Owen and Tosh and the hub.

She was surprised and pleased by Jack and Ianto's relationship, but afterwards I explained why they were a little askew in their feelings - ie Jack has had to say so many goodbyes over the years, but for Ianto it's his first relationship with a man and he's seeking reassurance. I think that covered it for now - she'll see for herself Jack's pain as we go on.

She was shocked in all the right places - the seemingly friendly doc shooting Jack - the kids unearthly screams - and the destroyal of the hub - not to mention Jack himself at the end. I am very pleased with her reaction.

Her g/f didn't want to watch, but even she got slightly caught up in it and said it was ok (believe me that is excellent coming from her - all she watches is football, football and more football).

As for me - well, I think this rewatch is perfectly timed. Because we talk about it so much I had forgotten what an intense experience it is. I'd forgotten that the action starts right from the very first moment with the children stopping even as we are being introduced to the characters. Seeing Stephen so early on knowing what befalls hiim sent a tingle of dread down my spine.

The closeness of the team and the looks between Ianto and Jack - Ianto's family - just love them - Frobisher and Lois and the creepy Dekker all played just perfectly. What struck me the most though was Jack's rejection by his daughter. That bit hadn't really affected me the first time round, but I had to swallow hard tonight. This time it's not Jack knowing he will suffer loss after loss - he wants a relationship with them, but she can't let him in because of who / how he is. :cry:

All in all a spectacular episode and yet like Muttley says with hindsight (or foresight to the end of this week) it seems almost lighthearted.

Kenneth

*Thud*

*Reminds self to breathe*

And finally Graham Norton was good tonight and DT was utterly brilliant.

To Dawn: What was that you were saying? His eyes? Nose? Hmmmm can't remember. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SheMoore19 wrote: »
    :o

Only managed one episode of Buffy today which was the aforementioned Bad Eggs as Michelle's friend came round with the baby. Sadly my bezzie mate and his sister were at school. :(

Forgot to mention that Willow actually squeeed in 'Ted' when he was charming her with computer talk. I loved that. :D

Started on Stargate. I've watched the movie and episode 1 of s1 and I have to say that so far I am seriously underwhelmed. I'll keep going for a while though as we all know these things sometimes grab you after a few more episodes.

On to CoE. Day 1 went down a treat. MUCH better than DW was the verdict. I really have to think carefully about which eps to show her now. She didn't like TGitF or FoP when she saw them with Cal. I'm going to show her TAoG and Doomsday as you know and after tonight I thought maybe Blink and Midnight.

Michelle is quite eager to find out what is going on with the kids in CoE. I gave her a little background about Jack - how we met him, what happened with Rose and about how Torchwood came about. I also told her about Owen and Tosh and the hub.

She was surprised and pleased by Jack and Ianto's relationship, but afterwards I explained why they were a little askew in their feelings - ie Jack has had to say so many goodbyes over the years, but for Ianto it's his first relationship with a man and he's seeking reassurance. I think that covered it for now - she'll see for herself Jack's pain as we go on.

She was shocked in all the right places - the seemingly friendly doc shooting Jack - the kids unearthly screams - and the destroyal of the hub - not to mention Jack himself at the end. I am very pleased with her reaction.

Her g/f didn't want to watch, but even she got slightly caught up in it and said it was ok (believe me that is excellent coming from her - all she watches is football, football and more football).

As for me - well, I think this rewatch is perfectly timed. Because we talk about it so much I had forgotten what an intense experience it is. I'd forgotten that the action starts right from the very first moment with the children stopping even as we are being introduced to the characters. Seeing Stephen so early on knowing what befalls hiim sent a tingle of dread down my spine.

The closeness of the team and the looks between Ianto and Jack - Ianto's family - just love them - Frobisher and Lois and the creepy Dekker all played just perfectly. What struck me the most though was Jack's rejection by his daughter. That bit hadn't really affected me the first time round, but I had to swallow hard tonight. This time it's not Jack knowing he will suffer loss after loss - he wants a relationship with them, but she can't let him in because of who / how he is. :cry:

All in all a spectacular episode and yet like Muttley says with hindsight (or foresight to the end of this week) it seems almost lighthearted.

*Thud*

*Reminds self to breathe*

And finally Graham Norton was good tonight and DT was utterly brilliant.

To Dawn: What was that you were saying? His eyes? Nose? Hmmmm can't remember. :D

:p hi there shemoore having a late night/early day are we ? any way glad its going okay for you, i will watch the GN show at some point this week but i will am and will be too tired when i get home today to watch it sadly Had a LONG LONG DAY!!!

and yeah re willow in buffy squeeeing i never encountered it before i watched buffy so mabey the great JOSS WHEDON invented it :D

Take care

Kenneth
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ah but the problem there was the writing for series 1 was quite inconstant. It's a shame RTD wasn't more involved in the writing for TW series 1 really. he understands how to explore relationships well in a limited time frame.

also there is nothing wrong with filling in the blanks and theorising as to what might have happened. It's actually quite interesting to do. The problem comes when you come to believe that your theories are the truth of what happened.

Totally agree. Filling in blanks is OK (damn I am guilty of that in a big way) as long as its done by a sane mind :D

This rewatch has taught me something...I would not want a forth series to go ahead unless RTD was 100% on board. Now is not the time to take a step back
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny story. I think monster is finally getting to grips with the idea of the different doctors

My non-geek hubby complained last night that all the monster has wanted to watch recently is "sarah jame" and "doctor doo"

Yesterday he put on an episode of series one for her and she said "Dad I don't want this doctor doo. I want the spiky one" :D He had to ring my Dad to ask if we could borrow some of my nephews dvds.

When I got home she had just watched the end of series 4. She was running round the room saying "I wuv Captain Jack PEW PEW PEW". A little later she was spinning round in a circle and said "I being darwick. STERMINATE STERMINATE"

My OH just stood there shaking his head, she comes out with things he has no idea about. :D. Sunday she was looking through her cards and said "oh look dad. A nasty sycowax. its ok, hand comed back". He was like WTF is she on about lmao
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member
    whats fab with us is we are either in total agreement or totally opposing views on most things...:D

I'll save the Frobisher debate for day 5 though!:D

Considering i won't be in front of my computer on Friday evening, Saturday and most of Sunday, that might end up as a debate with yourself only :p
    Funny story. I think monster is finally getting to grips with the idea of the different doctors

My non-geek hubby complained last night that all the monster has wanted to watch recently is "sarah jame" and "doctor doo"

Yesterday he put on an episode of series one for her and she said "Dad I don't want this doctor doo. I want the spiky one" :D He had to ring my Dad to ask if we could borrow some of my nephews dvds.

When I got home she had just watched the end of series 4. She was running round the room saying "I wuv Captain Jack PEW PEW PEW". A little later she was spinning round in a circle and said "I being darwick. STERMINATE STERMINATE"

My OH just stood there shaking his head, she comes out with things he has no idea about. :D. Sunday she was looking through her cards and said "oh look dad. A nasty sycowax. its ok, hand comed back". He was like WTF is she on about lmao

Totally cute story :D

Obviously I haven't watched DT last night. I'm going to check that in a moment. If I understood Dawn's excited posts correctly I am supposed to pay more attention to what he says than to his hair, right ? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Solamenn wrote: »
    Considering i won't be in front of my computer on Friday evening, Saturday and most of Sunday, that might end up as a debate with yourself only :p

Totally cute story :D

Obviously I haven't watched DT last night. I'm going to check that in a moment. If I understood Dawn's excited posts correctly I am supposed to pay more attention to what he says than to his hair, right ? ;)

I haven't seen it either :(

This idiot completely forgot :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning whoonies, had a tiring night so off to bed hope you all have a good day and see you on the flip side, I may try and watch the Graham Norton DT interview later before i go to work tonight!

Later's peeps

Kenneth xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen it either :(

This idiot completely forgot :(

I have just checked : it is on iPlayer until November 16th. We have still plenty of time to catch it up !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Solamenn wrote: »
    I have just checked : it is on iPlayer until November 16th. We have still plenty of time to catch it up !

aah i didnt realise it was on BBC

Thank you :D
  • weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    here you go Whooniepeeps :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nvwqv/The_Graham_Norton_Show_Series_6_Episode_6/

Jonny Vegas got on my norks though! :mad: :rolleyes:

sometimes I just cannot understand a word he says!! :eek:

like it say to Weedle1 "slooooooooooooooooooow down when you speak, no one can understand youuuuuuuu""
  • Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    SheMoore19 wrote: »
    On to CoE. Day 1 went down a treat. MUCH better than DW was the verdict.

I'm glad Michelle enjoyed it so much.
    and yeah re willow in buffy squeeeing i never encountered it before i watched buffy so mabey the great JOSS WHEDON invented it :D

Take care

Kenneth

As much as I would like to credit Joss with the invention of everything, I think "to squeal with glee" was originally used in anime circles.

Aw, wee cutie! :D
    Forum Member

Kenneth

*wet patch*

:o:o

I've just squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed :o

*gets a towel.......*

pwhoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar - he is looking MIGHTY HOTTTTT!

*wipes brow* (but not with the same towel :p:D *
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How come he hasn't got helmet hair? must be a timelord helmet, bigger on the inside to ensure hair is properly looked after ;)
  • Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    Webslark wrote: »
    How come he hasn't got helmet hair? must be a timelord helmet, bigger on the inside to ensure hair is properly looked after ;)

It's the special Time Lord hair gel - just bounces back into place!
    Forum Member

awwwww I think Monster is in competition with Bubble to see who could be the most cutest Mini Whoonie :D

.......nonetheless, I am very impressed with her Who critique ;) she will go far, I tells ya ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *wet patch*

:o:o

I've just squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed :o

*gets a towel.......*

pwhoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar - he is looking MIGHTY HOTTTTT!

*wipes brow* (but not with the same towel :p:D *

*drool*

How the hel did i miss that pic

Wowzer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Webslark wrote: »

ok there is so much innuendo i could pull from that but i am going to take the higher ground on this one :D
    Forum Member
    slightly off topic :o but nonetheless, I just HAVE to comment as I am sitting here, wanting to lamp the telly, aiming my fist at luvvvvlleeeee luvvvvleeee Lorraine Kelly! :eek: (of course, I will restrict any telly or LK lamping until after WOM ;) )

it's just this "drop a dress size for Christmas"; "swap your snacks"; "stop eating crap food".............

and then, concern about anorexia and other weight issues.........

I appreciate their care and concern :rolleyes: - I just don't want to be preached at first thing in the morning!

I bet the TIME LORDS didn't have to suffer Lorraine Kelly on Gallifrey ;) (on topic Who reference pointer :D *
    Forum Member
    ok there is so much innuendo i could pull from that but i am going to take the higher ground on this one :D

*sniggers*

:D:D:D:

*sniggers a bit more..............*

*fnarrr fnarrrr ;)

ok - why are Policemen's helmets bigger than Firefighter's helmets??

.because they have bigger heads!! :D

mind you, firefighter's balls are always bigger than Policemen's balls ;)

yeah, 'cos they always sell more tickets :D

*hits handy cymbal with even handier drum stick 'binggg binggg kerschinggggggg'*

Ayefankayeouw........
  • dazzlingdawndazzlingdawn Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *flails*

First pic of David Tennant's last 'Who' story

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctorwho/tubetalk/a186030/first-pic-of-david-tennants-last-who-story.html

(no spoilers, from scene to be shown in CIN from the start of the episode)

LOVE it!!! Very moody and OK I won't even mention it!!!!! :D
This discussion has been closed.