Options

Would Dierdres absence be felt if she did leave Corrie?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ImonfireImonfire Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Deirdre should be either axed or given an extended break.

I did actually think of a decent leaving storyline for Deidre, but I don't think Anne would go with it, as it would be a bit close to home. I think it would be compelling viewing though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dev`s a free agent now :D
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mulderfan wrote: »
    I like deidre apart from when she's always sticking up for tracyluv

Sh's her daughter. I'd stick up for my daughter even if she had committed murder.
  • Options
    xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leeruk wrote: »
    dev`s a free agent now :D

but she's alweady vomited on that particular T shirt.............:D
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Same, thats the only thing that annoys me about Deirdre.

Agreed.

Toxic Tracy is the one who needs the axe. Anne Kirkbride is among the show's untouchables when it comes to any cullings anyway.
  • Options
    ImonfireImonfire Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now would be the perfect opportunity to get rid of her, she's hit the Big 40 milestone, her character is going nowhere fast, her and Ken's relationship is beyond saving and her toxic daughter is possibly the Street's most wanted villain.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Sh's her daughter. I'd stick up for my daughter even if she had committed murder.

Even if they displayed no genuine remorse over it whatsoever, even going around gloating how she had been released after a 'miscarriage of justice'? Even if she didn't learn from any of that and continue to mess with people's lives in horrible ways (the Becky miscarriage business comes to mind).

I wouldn't be defending them, I'd be worried. Very worried. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and all that, but in this instance I don't think many would disagree when I say that your POV is just wrong, end of.

Deidre needs to get her backbone back where 'Tracyluv' is concerned. It's not even as if Tracy is a teen tearaway ( a la Gail and David); she is a fully grown woman with a daughter of her own. Poor Amy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seanie(: wrote: »
    As the title says, I wish Dreary was either fired or axed because I can't stand her. All she does is go around smoking and moaning about Ken.

Unless she gets a complete transformation, I think its time Dreary is axed (and take wooden Ken with you.) Its sad to see how bad Anne Kirkbrides character has become, 40 years ago she was such a great character and now shes just awful.

Time to get her out.

No way, you could never axe Deirdre, she's my favourite!!!!

(I did rock with laughter at the BIB though!!! :D:D:D)
  • Options
    zendo59zendo59 Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Deirdre is plenty good enough to stay.

Lots of dead wood could be cleared before her name came up for the sack.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I would miss her. Her scenes with Ken are fab,and her scenes with the rest of the Barlows. No-one else on the street has the little moments like the pottery, peanut bowls for a birthday present, the stuffed marrow etc, nor could they pull it off like the Barlows can. These little scenes are often much better and more interesting than the rest of the entire episode:D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    i would miss diedrie as she is one of the core corrie faves by the fans
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Seanie(: wrote: »
    As the title says, I wish Dreary was either fired or axed because I can't stand her. All she does is go around smoking and moaning about Ken.

Unless she gets a complete transformation, I think its time Dreary is axed (and take wooden Ken with you.) Its sad to see how bad Anne Kirkbrides character has become, 40 years ago she was such a great character and now shes just awful.

Time to get her out.

I think she may be sacked after todays Mirror news story!
    I am sure the Corrie bosses wouldn't like to read that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I'd maybe not miss Deirdre. But I'd miss her belt!
  • Options
    TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie wouldn't be Corrie without Deridre.
  • Options
    comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who complain about the older/vintage cast of Corrie, are not true fans. I am a young ish viewer but prefer the older cast members to the whiny young members.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TLC1098 wrote: »
    Corrie wouldn't be Corrie without Deridre.

Very true.
  • Options
    iHeartAliKingiHeartAliKing Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah she's like the chicken wing of corrie
  • Options
    axl roseaxl rose Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she does comedy really well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading the article about Anne Kirkbride insisting that she will never quit Coronation Street, do you think Dierdre Barlow would be missed if she ever did leave Corrie?

It would be unimaginable. I mean, who else would teach all the other actors how to be in floods of tears without ever getting their face wet, or in fact showing any evidence of tears whatsoever? It's a skill, you know.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xynaria wrote: »
    Still a hottie after all these years..say yes to MILFS!!!!!! :D

Some people need to go to spec savers. The tottie of her day - back in the 80s/90s, she has not aged well, due to over exposure to the sun and chain smoking.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    summer_ste wrote: »
    What I don't get is she never used to be so blind. Like when Tracy did that horrible fake-drug-rape with Roy. Deirdre (IIRC) was horrified. Now Tracy can pretty much do anything and Deirdre thinks she walks on water.

But i think deirdre is scared of losing tracy again.
  • Options
    xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people need to go to spec savers. The tottie of her day - back in the 80s/90s, she has not aged well, due to over exposure to the sun and chain smoking.

That's called 'character' Luke :D:D
  • Options
    mulderfanmulderfan Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Anya D wrote: »
    I would love to see Deirdre finally reach her limit with Traceyluv.
    I think that's possibly the only interesting storyline left for her.

Great idea I'd definitely watch that one
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    Even if they displayed no genuine remorse over it whatsoever, even going around gloating how she had been released after a 'miscarriage of justice'? Even if she didn't learn from any of that and continue to mess with people's lives in horrible ways (the Becky miscarriage business comes to mind).

I wouldn't be defending them, I'd be worried. Very worried. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and all that, but in this instance I don't think many would disagree when I say that your POV is just wrong, end of.

Deidre needs to get her backbone back where 'Tracyluv' is concerned. It's not even as if Tracy is a teen tearaway ( a la Gail and David); she is a fully grown woman with a daughter of her own. Poor Amy!

I aagree with this post. I think they should keep Dierdre and axe the bl**dy awful Tracy. No one would miss her the overgrown teenage numpty.

Although what if TPTB take umbrage at her disclosures in the Daily Mirror? I would hate to see her leave Corrie, especially as my daughter has named her baby tortoise after her!.