Glee S5 (UK Pace/Spolier Free)

Comments

• dizziedizzie Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky tweeted the new air date for the next episode of Glee:

Sky1 Insider ‏@sky1insider1h
    #Glee fans, please note that season 5 will now return to @sky1insider on 22nd November with episode 4 "A Katy Or A Gaga"

(NB: I changed the title to what it actually is - Sky had it as 'Katy or Gaga' - it's not!)

Just over a 2 week delay from US air date. I guess people should be aware of this, simply because the US pace thread will be 2 episodes ahead of the UK one, by late November. So, if you don't want spoilers, really REALLY avoid that thread! ;)
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. Odd that they're delaying it a week, I presume they could be doing it to skip a US 1-week break (I guess for the World Series?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're currently on a 4-week break, due to the baseball dominating the entire Fox schedule. Glee in the US is back Nov 7th, there's not really a reason I can see for Sky to not put it on 8 days later, as they did with the first 3 episodes. All they're showing in that timeslot right now are repeats of Modern Family.

I genuinely don't know why they are waiting that extra week. Given there are 6 episodes of Glee to run before they finish for the LONG winter hiatus (it's at least 4 months, maybe even more than that), that means the final episode will air on Sky on 27th December. Right in the middle of the festive TV schedules - they may even have to take it off and show that last episode in January. If they just aired episode 4 even a week earlier, the mid-season finale would air on 20th December - perfect timing just before Christmas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ughhh that sounds a right mess. I think I'd still rather they delayed it until January and show as much in sequence as they can before the spring break.
  • Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dizzie wrote: »
    They're currently on a 4-week break, due to the baseball dominating the entire Fox schedule. Glee in the US is back Nov 7th, there's not really a reason I can see for Sky to not put it on 8 days later, as they did with the first 3 episodes. All they're showing in that timeslot right now are repeats of Modern Family.

I genuinely don't know why they are waiting that extra week. Given there are 6 episodes of Glee to run before they finish for the LONG winter hiatus (it's at least 4 months, maybe even more than that), that means the final episode will air on Sky on 27th December. Right in the middle of the festive TV schedules - they may even have to take it off and show that last episode in January. If they just aired episode 4 even a week earlier, the mid-season finale would air on 20th December - perfect timing just before Christmas.

Of course, we don't know yet that Sky won't air the final 2 back to back, considering the airdates, that seems likely to me.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if there's another repeat of The Quarterback? I seemed to have missed it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may be repeated closer to the date of episode 4 in late November - it's definitely not on in the next two weeks. If you have Sky catch up service, it'll be on there for a short while yet. Or there are 'alternative' sites to watch online!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shameless bump/plug.... don't forget Glee finally returns to our screens at 9 tonight. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shameless bump/plug.... don't forget Glee finally returns to our screens at 9 tonight. :D

Thanks for the bump, if i hadn't accidentally caught Daybreak this morning when they were talking about Adam Lambert i wouldn't have realised it was back!
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    Still laughing at the frequent mentions of Fanny - not sure I'm supposed to.

Enjoyed Adam Lambert and Demi Lovato bits, presumably they won't stick around for long.

Rest was a bit of a mess - Gaga was so 2009. Did Marley get suspended for NOT wearing a bikini?

Still missing Brittany - she'd have really swung those ropes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peeuw. Someone crack a window, what a stinker of an episode!

The only decent bit was probably Elliott's performance and I wasn't exactly overly enamored with that. I hated that stupid Gaga performance.. just stupid beyond words. And Roar wasn't that much better (loincloths none withstanding :o)

The 'gay Thundercat' line was pretty funny though, as was Becky's rather shocking reply to Sam when he asked for her help. :eek:

Let's hope they've got this crap out their system so we can get back to a decent season.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree that was the worst episode of Glee that I can remember.

Maybe Gaga songs are an acquired taste.

Struggling to care about Jake and Marley
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it might even be worse than Grilled Cheesus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it might even be worse than Grilled Cheesus.

It is. GC had better songs

When they sang Roar. It was fairly embarassing. The fact the NYC bunch out sang them didn't help
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still laughing at the frequent mentions of Fanny - not sure I'm supposed to.

Enjoyed Adam Lambert and Demi Lovato bits, presumably they won't stick around for long.

Rest was a bit of a mess - Gaga was so 2009. Did Marley get suspended for NOT wearing a bikini?

Still missing Brittany - she'd have really swung those ropes!

No, she got suspended for not doing the assignment correctly, which was to embrace her "opposite", she could have worn anything Lady Gaga and would have fulfilled Mr Schu's lesson, it was Sam who'd suggested the bikini.
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »
    No, she got suspended for not doing the assignment correctly, which was to embrace her "opposite", she could have worn anything Lady Gaga and would have fulfilled Mr Schu's lesson, it was Sam who'd suggested the bikini.

Oh good, that makes it about 5% less creepy than I originally thought.
  • floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Becky in this episode! Oh snap!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floozie_21 wrote: »
    I loved Becky in this episode! Oh snap!!

She does have some great lines... and some you don't expect. :eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll admit, upon hearing this was a twerking ep., I wasn't expecting it to be any good but I think they just about pulled it off. We almost had a complete storyline.. of course this is Glee so things did get a bit muddled.
    Forum Member
    Twerking without a sighting of Santana's awesome rump. :(

Loathe Wrecking Ball.

The portaloo in the rehearsal room was funny.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched this a few hours ago
    It has to be THE worst episode they have done in terms of their vocals. They were all over the place

Blurred Lines was an absolute car crash. Matthew Morrison was so embarassing with his vocals. It was a shambles.

Unique murdered If i were a boy. The character turned the song into a miserable mousey ballad.When in fact, the song starts about feeling lost and eventually becoming tough and hopeful by the last chorus. Also, the vocals were all wrong. Beyonce sings it with such meaning and has a deep roughness to her vocal performance on it. Where as Unique sounded like scared little mouse. The song didn't suit the person's vocal range at all.

Marley's performance of Wrecking Ball was ruined by the obvious auto tune, which is a shame, as she has a lovely voice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure of who Tina's character is supposed to be anymore but if she's there for comic relief now then that's good because she was funny this week. Becky and her one liners are stealing the show at the moment though :D

Episode was okay, not great but better than last week. So i understand that Ryder hasn't left ND yet as he's staying till after regionals (or nationals, i always confuse the 2) but it appears the reason he was leaving, his fallout with Wade, has been forgotten
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has simply turned into random songs being shoehorned into random storylines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    This has simply turned into random songs being shoehorned into random storylines.
    It's suffered from that since the end of season 1, but its certainly becoming more prominent.

Sure Blurred Lines is a big hit for Alan Thicke but did it really need to be featured in Glee? Well I guess that's open for debate, it certainly did seem forced into the plot line (they even made reference to the flimsy excuse for singing it).

Personally I'd rather they kept using songs to further the plot, but I guess its not easy to always find the right fit.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's suffered from that since the end of season 1, but its certainly becoming more prominent.

Sure Blurred Lines is a big hit for Alan Thicke but did it really need to be featured in Glee? Well I guess that's open for debate, it certainly did seem forced into the plot line (they even made reference to the flimsy excuse for singing it).

Personally I'd rather they kept using songs to further the plot, but I guess its not easy to always find the right fit.

One of the reasons we have to keep putting up with love triangles is because it allows for the love triangle songs.