10 and rose Farewell scene greatest scene in science fiction

13»

Comments

• tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen this? :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfK8y7KVADo

It was created by someone who thought that this is how Doomsday should have ended. It was uploaded to Youtube, the week DW turned 50. It's obviously just for fun.

:)
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Going for an emotional greatest sci-fi moment, then this would definitely be my choice (basically 2 scenes from different episodes being blended together):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGAPh4WCyAc
  • donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asking for the greatest sci-fi scene is meaningless anyway,do the poll a week later and the results will be completely different.

That said I was not a Rose fan so the scene for me just meant great we won't see her again(how well did that work out:))
  • wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have been had it not been ruined few years later having rose return. Which pretty much makes this scene null and void. Not the same when you know they see each other again.
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,338
    Forum Member
    wowboy wrote: »
    It would have been had it not been ruined few years later having rose return. Which pretty much makes this scene null and void. Not the same when you know they see each other again.

A lot of people say this, personally I don't agree. Yes they see each other again, but it still dosen't change how they felt at the time, you can still watch that scene and see the raw emotion of two characters who think they will be parted forever.

The other point about it, is that it is still important, because this was the end of there travelling time together. Yes they get to briefly see each other in series 4, but there is so much going on they don't really get to connect again, and they never get to get back to travelling with each other in the TARDIS again which seemed like what both of them would have wanted when they both longed to get back to each other. To me it's as though the doomsday scene is the end of their relationship and the stuff in the series 4 finale is just like an epilogue to their relationship.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to a recent poll anyway. It even beat off such things as scene's from alien, star wars, and the avengers. list of the top 5 is about half way down the article.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/movies/movie-news/doctor-whos-farewell-to-rose-voted-best-scifi-scene-ahead-of-aliens-legendary-chestburster-30383512.html

Still one of the most powerful scene's in the show for me, and even having seen it many, many times, and knowing full well they see each other again, it still has the ability to stir emotions as if I was seeing it for the first time. Well deserved I think. Certainly a credit to the team at the time that it can win a poll against scene's from huge blockbusters and the whole of sci fi after 8 years.

Complete bo**ocks! Many of us on FB have been arguing over how there are much better scenes out there even in new who.