Continuum (UK pace, Syfy channel)

Comments

• GDKGDK Posts: 9,474
    Forum Member
    Which itself would have been a change from the original timeline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Changed the future for the better or worse. How many children will those 30 abuse now they aren't going to die? There is potentially a cycle of abuse that will be the legacy.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    tscchope wrote: »
    Changed the future for the better or worse. How many children will those 30 abuse now they aren't going to die? There is potentially a cycle of abuse that will be the legacy.
    I thought at the time, they were Killing Bad People - but should they be Judge & Jury...:confused:
    Forum Member
    By intervening and allowing them to live, Kiera has acted as judge and jury
    Forum Member
    Did like the 'two' Trials of Julian...and Kiera stopping the Jury tampering...with her advance search engine, and both Travis & Sonya having the same idea. Carlos learning more about Kiera's powers was fun too..."this explains so much".

Gardiner teaming up with Kiera was a surprise, as was Alex's girlfriends Ninja skills.....for Escher.:eek:

And Kiera in the suit...;)
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carlos' sense of fashion style makes me wonder if he's a time traveller from the 80's.
    Forum Member
    Travis and Sonya having the same idea raises the interesting possibility that they are still working together. The Judge taking one for the cause and Jim Martin as Liber8*'s tool continues his well-acted decent into true sliminess.

One thing does cause me to pound the walls with my fitsts and that is how is Kiera unaware that Theseus is Julian Randol, Alec's step brother and Kagame's mentor? Illogical , captain.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Did like the 'two' Trials of Julian...and Kiera stopping the Jury tampering...with her advance search engine, and both Travis & Sonya having the same idea. Carlos learning more about Kiera's powers was fun too..."this explains so much".

Gardiner teaming up with Kiera was a surprise, as was Alex's girlfriends Ninja skills.....for Escher.:eek:

And Kiera in the suit...;)
    Kiera in the suit, the girlfriend in that t-shirt, great episode last week.

Oh and the story and stuff too, obviously. :D
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Gardner :( I liked him
    Forum Member
    He was becoming a regular thorn in Kiera's side.

Alec the man emerged not a change for the better. Is old Alec playing his dangerous game, Bringing out the personality of his younger self, yet hoping he'll turn out differently.
  • retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    Oh so Gardner has gone? So I was right then?

I said a while back that it was ridiculous how he was being painted at the bad guy, when all he was trying to do was prove Keira wasn't who she said she was.

That she waltzes around using the dept and officers for her own means, and acts as judge and juror. Yet someone here was insistent that Gardner was the bad guy.

I don't think anything will come to light that he was anything other than the only good cop there. The only one not blinded by Keira's lies. Heck - the only one actually doing proper police work! She is still wandering around still not having proven Section Six exists I take it.

Thought I'd dip in here and see what was going on....glad I stopped watching based on the comments above :/
    Forum Member
    Of course Gardner was a bad guy. He was undermining Kiera's relationship with the department. Computer says she works for Section 6. Mr Escher of Piron Corporation vouched she works for section 6. Kiera has no need to prove anything. She isn't lying. She's here to take down liber8.

As for Gardner, we don't know his background. I dare say that'll be revealed in due course.
    Forum Member
    He was becoming a regular thorn in Kiera's side.

Alec the man emerged not a change for the better. Is old Alec playing his dangerous game, Bringing out the personality of his younger self, yet hoping he'll turn out differently.
    It does get confusing, old Alex wanting young Alex dead, but it all adds to a great episode, and I feel Emily, is sort of on Alex's side, but still working for Escher, and I'm sure Kiera thinks there is something up with her.
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Poor Gardner :( I liked him
    It could have been Carlos...;)

Did like Jason helping at the Lab.....and at the start with more of 2077 - it looked stunning.:cool:
    And the Finger Tattoo dots...:confused:

"Shouldn't I talk to a Lawyer - or something"
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,474
    Forum Member
    I wonder.... Is it possible that "old Alex" isn't really an old version of "young Alex" at all?

Maybe Kellog will steal (stole) Alex's identity and will take (took) his place at some point after young Alex has invented all the technologies he's supposed to?
    Forum Member
    Kellog is a couple of decades older than Alec. He doesn't have Alec's genius. Alec keeps inventing things his whole life. Old Theseus is Old Alec's Achilles heel. He'd never be protected by Kellog the way Alec has.

How is it that Kiera is not aware who Julian is?
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,664
    Forum Member
    I'm getting a bit bored now. Seemed like a better idea for a mini-series rather than a multi-season thing. I just think they're stretching the idea out and losing something in doing so.

Will probably stick with it though :)
    How is it that Kiera is not aware who Julian is?
    To be honest, I'm not sure who a lot of the people are :p
    Forum Member
    I'm getting a bit bored now. Seemed like a better idea for a mini-series rather than a multi-season thing. I just think they're stretching the idea out and losing something in doing so.

Will probably stick with it though :)

To be honest, I'm not sure who a lot of the people are :p
    First season was just 10 episodes, second 14...so not a mega 24 episode season like the 'Americans' do.

Thought this weeks was good, with more detail about Julian, but the beard.:(....I liked Rebecca.;)

And what happens in the Wood, stays in the Wood.:eek:
  • PotsdamerplatzPotsdamerplatz Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Was it just me or did anyone else notice the sound on this week's episode was terrible?

I thought it might be just the Sky box but the sound quality improved at the ad breaks. Definitely something not right.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you think how much of the US government is bought out and influenced by corporations in REAL LIFE (so presumably in present day Continuum) you have to wonder if Keira actually questions the motives. I wouldn't be surprised if the Corporations deliberately tank the government through hidden actions just so they can swoop in and "save us all" in Continuum's future. i don't really go by Liber8's methods, but it's hard not to see how corrupt things are, you'd have to be blind. The show seems to act like they don't already have sway and power.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,664
    Forum Member
    Was it just me or did anyone else notice the sound on this week's episode was terrible?
    No, I thought so too. Sounded either phased or at least (badly) processed in some way.
    When you think how much of the US government is bought out and influenced by corporations in REAL LIFE (so presumably in present day Continuum) ...
    I love a good conspiracy theory :) (I'll buy your "influenced" but not sure about "bought out".)
    Forum Member
    what's the betting Rebecca is another time traveller? She seems to be Julian's love interest. Sadly, I doubt either his or Alec's will survive Why doesn't Julian just go home? Back to the Farm. Travis and his Gangs of Vancouver (spin off series?) -Julian and his Liber8 cell and Lucas and Sonya who are about to go their separate way. Why does Lucas say Kagame wants you to leave. How can Kagame still be alive/ Was it that Kagame's first visit was later than his groups and then he was sent back from this time.
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love a good conspiracy theory :) (I'll buy your "influenced" but not sure about "bought out".)
    Have a look at the the last presidential campaign. It cost Obama over $700 Million to buy the presidency (the other guy only spent half of that - guess why he lost? :) ). Their campaigns aren't about principles or policies - they're only about who can pay for the most advertising.

I can't imagine a situation where corporates would "donate" that sort of money without wanting something back for it.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member

I thought it might be just the Sky box but the sound quality improved at the ad breaks. Definitely something not right.
    Thanks for this. I started watching it yesterday and thought it was my recording.

I've set up the repeat tonight, so hopefully it's better.
    Forum Member

Not just me then.
    what's the betting Rebecca is another time traveller? She seems to be Julian's love interest. Sadly, I doubt either his or Alec's will survive Why doesn't Julian just go home? Back to the Farm. Travis and his Gangs of Vancouver (spin off series?) -Julian and his Liber8 cell and Lucas and Sonya who are about to go their separate way. Why does Lucas say Kagame wants you to leave. How can Kagame still be alive/ Was it that Kagame's first visit was later than his groups and then he was sent back from this time.
    What she said, gave the impression she was.....maybe.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry to burst in

I have JUST started to watch this on dvd and I love it!!!!

Brilliant show

I was just wondering what series is being shown/has been shown on syfy atm?

thanks