American Horror Story S5: Hotel

Comments

• THE ROTCODTHE ROTCOD Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i want lily rabe back now dam it now
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    Has Gaga been given the main role? that's a bit risky considering she hasn't done any proper acting before. I hope Finn Wittrock is back after his fantastic portrayal as Dandy Mott and also Evan Peters.
  • Carbon ProductsCarbon Products Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I hope she not a main character. It would be interesting to have her as an anonymous 'monster/ghost' type thing im the backround creeping after the guests every so often with her costumes.

Might give this a go, gave up with AHS after the asylum.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    A modern day Hotel setting could be exactly what AHS needs to return the show to it's roots. There is potential for some great storylines, and they could have different storylines going on in different eras like Murder House did so well.

A departure for Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson could be exactly what the show needs. They have been the major players in the past few seasons, and sometimes you need to chop down the bigger trees in the forest to let the new ones grow. The results could be a refreshed cast which would do the show the world of good.

Lady Gaga's casting is either a stroke of genius or a massive fail - only time will tell but it will go one of two ways.

Everything I have read so far points towards it being a great series, but, again, that's what I said with Freakshow and I was generally dissapointed!

I hope Dr Thredson comes back. Zachary Quinto

Such a great actor, that twist in season 2 still the biggest shock I've had so far.

Agree about Freakshow, promised a lot but never really hit the heights of season 2.

They need to go back to basics. Not get too over-confident with the hype.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be very surprised if she isn't the main character considering Jessica and Sarah aren't around. I'm guessing she will play the owner of the hotel.

Will it work? I can't call it. There's a chance it will be terrible and we won't be able to look past the whole Lady Gaga element. But on the other hand maybe she can pull it off. I just have a sneaky feeling this the one show she could actually fit into because she's that random and it may make it very easy for her to play some really weird character. For example:

http://www.mtv.com/news/2090698/lady-gaga-always-destined-for-ahs/

It will either kill the show stone dead or it will inject fresh life into it.

I wonder who called who.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's pretty obvious if she isn't the lead then she's certainly going to be one of the main characters. Not only did she reveal she was starring in the next season of AHS, she revealed the title and setting of the next season. Not Ryan Murphy.

Here's more about the re-invention of season 5 plus Murphy confirming that all seasons of AHS are connected.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s258/american-horror-story/news/a622370/ryan-murphy-is-reinventing-american-horror-story-season-5.html

http://www.ew.com/article/2014/10/31/ryan-murphy-american-horror-story-connected

The top hat coffee cups seen in Freak Show are connected to Season 5.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah Paulson not returning is a big loss to the show.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's fantastic if Sarah is not returning/minor role.

Brilliant actress but so bored of her.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Jessica or Sarah hasn't been confirmed but with Sarah Paulson doing American crime story and a few films, I just worked out that I can't see her having room for her schedule to do a full series of AHS again. It wouldn't surprise me if Ryan does get Jessica back on bored again. Although i have found her performances incredibly samey in all the characters she has played over four seasons. Where as Paulson's have all been a million miles away from one another. Especially her amazing turn as the conjoined twins. Which she deserves to win her overdue emmy for, after being robbed off one as Lana in Asylum.
  • panic roompanic room Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I do not think that GaGa will have a major part in Hotel, she is not known as an actress and I cannot see Ryan Murphy putting her into a show carrying large part.

The guy from Maroon 5 had a small part in Asylum so my thoughts are that GaGa will have a similar sized part although maybe more screen time.

And I agree with others bring back Lily Rabe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    panic room wrote: »
    I do not think that GaGa will have a major part in Hotel, she is not known as an actress and I cannot see Ryan Murphy putting her into a show carrying large part.

The guy from Maroon 5 had a small part in Asylum so my thoughts are that GaGa will have a similar sized part although maybe more screen time.

And I agree with others bring back Lily Rabe

Lily Rabe coming back will likely depend if her new show The Whispers does well or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jessica Lange confirms she is not coming back
    Matt Bomer and Cheyenne Jackson confirmed to be joining the cast
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder where the show will go without Lange... I actually think she would have been perfect in Hotel... you could just imagine her as a snobby, upper-class guest with a dark background :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    I wonder where the show will go without Lange... I actually think she would have been perfect in Hotel... you could just imagine her as a snobby, upper-class guest with a dark background :(

Lange's characters have been written and performed in a very same manner for all four seasons. I am glad to see the back of her.
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing I hated most about the later Seasons of AHS is the songs, but with Lady Gaga joining the cast I reckon there'll be even more songs. On that basis, I'm out. :(
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady Gaga will be a series regular which means there will be singing but i certainly hope not! I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up playing some lounge/jazz singer.

Sad news about Lange but i think she's made the right decision, although i think she would be more than perfect in Hotel. It seems tailor mader for her.
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,826
    Forum Member
    It's good that we finally have confirmation that Jessica isn't returning. I am her biggest fan but I think it will be good for the longevity of the show if she doesn't return in a leading role.

I was looking forward to maybe a one-episode story arc as a hotel guest, but leaving on a high playing Elsa makes sense!

I'm intrigued by all of these new signings. I hope we hear of some more departures, otherwise the cast is going to keep growing, when really it needs to shrink from the freakshow size (but then I assume all the actors who were drafted in to play the "freaks" won't be returning for S5).
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frances Conroy needs to finally get star billing for a change.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    ahhhh the excitement! I love AHS and I think gaga could be perfect for this type of show, IF she can act, I hope they don't put her in just because she looks the part rather than her acting skills. I will miss jessica...she's awesome and would be great for this type of programme. i'll also miss sarah as she really is a great actress.
    I hope this show stays good and doesn't become crap like so many other shows.
    Forum Member
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Taissa Farmiga return but she was largely wasted in Coven even though the first episode implied she would be the main character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    After season 2 this show has veered completely off course and down hill fast. Adding Lady Gaga as a cast member is just further proof that this show has lost it's way. We need less singing, and more plot driven story telling. Not make it up as you go along, throw ideas at a wall and see which one sticks, then add a distracting song in the middle to keep the unwashed masses entertained merry go round of mediocrity.
    Forum Member
    I'm not Gaga's biggest fan but I'd rather give her a chance and see if she can deliver a good performance/character before totally writing her off. I can see Murphy getting her to sing but I have a feeling it won't be any of her records if she does. And it probably won't be often either.

Besides we also have Chloe Sevigny, Matt Bomer, Cheyenne Jackson and Wes Bentley also to look forward to in the series.