Crap@CoD

frailfuryfrailfury Posts: 7,222
Forum Member
Grrr not been playing Blops very long but everyone is so experienced now that I just keep getting slaughtered!

Any tips on what weapons to get or tricks?

Thanks!

Comments

• OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Famas with silencer & ghost so you don't appear on radar & marathon to run like fook!! Steady aim is also a good perk too so you don't have to look down the sights as much when firing.

Be sure to reload after you kill someone so you don't reload halfway through a gun fight.
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    frailfury wrote: »
    Grrr not been playing Blops very long but everyone is so experienced now that I just keep getting slaughtered!

Any tips on what weapons to get or tricks?

Thanks!

Alot of the people who play online are serial COD fans, so have played the game since the first console iterations. Like you I am a complete novice and getting my arse handed to me when playing online was the very reason I traded it in after completing single player.

Sad really, but theres no room for the likes of me (noobs etc) when playing games like this online.
  • frailfuryfrailfury Posts: 7,222
    Forum Member
    I do enjoy it online, however I'm ranking up SLOWLY!

Personally I think there should be a system which matchmakes you with similar ranks!

I'm rank 23...haven't prestiged yet lol had the game since last year, how sad is that!
  • OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're on & any of us from dsGB are playing, we'll invite you & you should rank up quickly as we win the majority of our games. We play private matches too & never take it that seriously so it doesn't matter how good you are.

HQ is a good mode to get XP on but we mostly play ground war if there's alot of us which puts TDM & domination on shuffle with large teams. Domination gets you good XP too :)
    Forum Member
    If you're on & any of us from dsGB are playing, we'll invite you & you should rank up quickly as we win the majority of our games. We play private matches too & never take it that seriously so it doesn't matter how good you are.

HQ is a good mode to get XP on but we mostly play ground war if there's alot of us which puts TDM & domination on shuffle with large teams. Domination gets you good XP too :)

Thanks, I did try joining some of your games but you were just all sat in the lobby chatting about ipads and tablets lol
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    He4rt's tips for newbies
    • Learn the maps and the key areas. Once you know where all the action is and where campers hang out you'll be able to form a pre-offensive.
    • Find a gun that suits your style of play and stick with it. I have good gun reactions but i tend to spray alot so the M16 is my baby.
    • Set your kill streaks low and go with hardline. for example (UAV,sam turret and care package) this will also rank you up fast as you gain points for using Uav's and take down enemy aircraft.Hardline pro also has the advantage of swapping out care packages
    • Don't be afraid to follow team mates,watch where they get killed from and then counter. It's cheap, but it works effectivly.
    • If you are playing domination and holding 2 objects,never try to cap the third. It's suicide for even the best of players and will force the enemy team to respawn behind you.
    • Last and most important. Have fun and don't take the game too seriously. Nobody cares about stats like K/D ratio and i always seem to play worse when i'm pissed off.
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    He4rt's tips for newbies
    • Learn the maps and the key areas. Once you know where all the action is and where campers hang out you'll be able to form a pre-offensive.
    • Find a gun that suits your style of play and stick with it. I have good gun reactions but i tend to spray alot so the M16 is my baby.
    • Set your kill streaks low and go with hardline. for example (UAV,sam turret and care package) this will also rank you up fast as you gain points for using Uav's and take down enemy aircraft.Hardline pro also has the advantage of swapping out care packages
    • Don't be afraid to follow team mates,watch where they get killed from and then counter. It's cheap, but it works effectivly.
    • If you are playing domination and holding 2 objects,never try to cap the third. It's suicide for even the best of players and will force to enemy team to respawn behind you.
    • Last and most important. Have fun and don't take the game too seriously. Nobody cares about stats like K/D ratio and i always seem to play worse when i'm pissed off.

Thanks mate, I'll bear those in mind next time I play :)
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Personally I think there should be a system which matchmakes you with similar ranks!
    It's supposed to do that. The only servers involved in the console versions are the matchmaking servers (from Modern Warfare through to Black Ops), so it's supposed to put you in a game with other similarly ranked and skilled players.

In fact, most console games (even some with dedicated servers) which don't have a server list to choose from work this way.
  • SharmootahSharmootah Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I've had Blops since launch, and I get battered every time too ! Just the other day though, for the first time, I tried the Combat Training mode. I'm actually quite enjoying it, as you can set your own level and time, score and difficulty etc, and there is no lag ! Tried it a few times, then went back into a proper game and did a little better than usual.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha this is me I always finish last with like 3 kills to 2 million deaths :o:D
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I did try joining some of your games but you were just all sat in the lobby chatting about ipads and tablets lol

Waiting for everyone to join. :D

Then the fun begins. ;)

Join us tonight. Oh, and a headset is well worth investing in if you don't already have one. :)
  • chrisw99chrisw99 Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try playing a game that I'm on, then I'll guarantee you won't come last :)

Actually I got quite good at it, prestiged, now I'm struggling again as I've lost all the weapons, PRO perks, etc, so it definately proves it's not just how good you are, it's what you've got.

I'm ignoring the fact I'm struggling now, and just concentrating on going through each Perk in turn trying to get the PRO version. e.g. just killed 20 people whilst flashbanged, now I'm trying to kill 20 people whilst concussed.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    It's simple really, I've played too much COD:o

I find turn your sensitivity up to about 6, you spin faster weeeee!!!:D

I use the famas (you have unlocked it) with the dual mag attachment. Perks I use are scavenger, sleight of hand, ninja or hacker depends on my mood.

Always reload after a gun fight not during or you will die- I've done it many times.

Learn the maps - Use combat training it is easy on recruit difficulty.

Don't worry about K/D ratios try and get the objectives. If you are playing domination you will come first if you have captured the most flags instead of aiming [no pun intended] just for kills.

Also, DO NOT panic if someone comes after you, stay calm and don't freak otherwise you will chuck a semtex in their face which never goes well:p
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm rank 23...haven't prestiged yet lol had the game since last year, how sad is that!

I am on my 12th but i am still crap, prestige is no measure of how good you are, its a measure of how much of a billy nomates you are.

dont listen to others, play ther game and use the guns you like and learn the maps your way.
  • darkknight77darkknight77 Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye Up wrote: »
    Alot of the people who play online are serial COD fans, so have played the game since the first console iterations. Like you I am a complete novice and getting my arse handed to me when playing online was the very reason I traded it in after completing single player.

Sad really, but theres no room for the likes of me (noobs etc) when playing games like this online.

You'd probably enjoy COD 4 or even MW2 more, in Black Ops (and in Mw2 to an extent) they toned down the power of a lot of the beginner/early weapons, as too many pro players complained it was too easy to get killed by "n00bs" with overpowered free weapons.

Hence it's harder to rank up in the more recent games as your weapons are a lot weaker at the start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharmootah wrote: »
    I've had Blops since launch, and I get battered every time too ! Just the other day though, for the first time, I tried the Combat Training mode. I'm actually quite enjoying it, as you can set your own level and time, score and difficulty etc, and there is no lag ! Tried it a few times, then went back into a proper game and did a little better than usual.

Same with me, I find COD 4 much easier to play and rank up, Blops is only really fun if you're a "play 18 hours a day" kinda guy.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As soon as i spawn onto the map on Modern Warfare 2 i'm greeted with a bullet to the head lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    As soon as i spawn onto the map on Modern Warfare 2 i'm greeted with a bullet to the head lol.

Yeah it does have some spawn issues. COD 4 is still the best of the series, they've gone progressively downhill since imho .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I think im just too old for Call of Duty online, its just so stupidly fast.

I like my online shooters a bit more evenly paced, like Killzone 3, Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honour...

I don't think there is anything more satisfying in an online game than stabbing someones eye out in Killzone 3.....
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking from bitter experience if your crap@cod you will always be crap@cod. Sure there is room for small improvement but your never gonna reach the top of the leaderboard unless your playing against even worse players than yourself - also from personal experience. :p
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    It's supposed to do that. The only servers involved in the console versions are the matchmaking servers (from Modern Warfare through to Black Ops), so it's supposed to put you in a game with other similarly ranked and skilled players.

I get the feeling it does it by rank though rather than KDR or some better comparison of actual player skill; rank merely says how long you've been playing the game, not how good you are.
  • FunctionFunction Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do alright ish on Black Ops, I'm far from being spectacular and for every decent kill ratio I have, I'll then get battered, but many of the tips on here I've followed and they have helped.

Marathon works well, run like fook and stab anything in sight and more so on the smaller maps.

As daft as it sound also, I found that playing hardcore helped as most of the time the other players aren't picking you up on the map because many of those kind of assists are locked in hardcore mode.

Most important of all is just enjoy it, even when getting a battering, I just take it for what it is and know their are some seriously seasoned players on COD, no matter what version of it you're on.
  • _Ash__Ash_ Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So anyway I signed up for dsGB yesterday morning and my account is still waiting to be activated. How long would this normally take?
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    _Ash_ wrote: »
    So anyway I signed up for dsGB yesterday morning and my account is still waiting to be activated. How long would this normally take?

Will activate it for you now:)

EDIT: Done for you.
  • _Ash__Ash_ Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice one, just seen the email. Thanks for that :)