Options

The Woman In Black 2011 ( New Hammer Horror Film )

Comments

• Options
    M.D.N.AM.D.N.A Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I'm so excited for this movie :)
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would like to see this but sadly it has Radcliffe in it, bad actor who got a very lucky break.:yawn:
  • Options
    ugglauggla Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember this xmas 1989 on the tv was pretty scary will defo watch this version.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uggla wrote: »
    Remember this xmas 1989 on the tv was pretty scary will defo watch this version.

Short advertisement from ITV for the 1989 version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ant05gVzu7E
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would like to see this but sadly it has Radcliffe in it, bad actor who got a very lucky break.:yawn:

Actually DR has been getting very good reviews for his performance in this film ! so reserve judgment till you see the film !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »

Will they be releasing the 1989 version on DVD after the film has gone out on DVD ! ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    I watched the 1989 version the other night, excellent film and stays true to the book. Sadly they stopped printing it on DVD quite sometime ago. The only copies that are sold now are quite expensive around the ten pound mark. You can get them on ebay but their just copies of the original disk, not great quality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinshed wrote: »
    I watched the 1989 version the other night, excellent film and stays true to the book. Sadly they stopped printing it on DVD quite sometime ago. The only copies that are sold now are quite expensive around the ten pound mark. You can get them on ebay but their just copies of the original disk, not great quality.

I agree i have a video of the 1989 version ! which isnt the best quality but i am looking forward to the possibility of a DVD release !..and yes its a good version similar to the book but beware the film version is loosely based on the old film and book !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the very critical Rotten Tomatoes site gives the film 67% mark so far in the pre release reviews !...mind a few of these are american and what do americans know about a traditional British ghost story ? ...very little i gather !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I gather he wont be sleeping in that bed again !! :D
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Actually DR has been getting very good reviews for his performance in this film ! so reserve judgment till you see the film !

He must have had some lessons, he was terrible as Potter :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    the film is discussed tonight on The Review Show on BBC 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00qjqst
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 more week to wait

Although I do think we should have had dibs on this film first

Think it's best to stay off the Wiki page as of tonight, as I reckon the full plot will be going up
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    1 more week to wait

Although I do think we should have had dibs on this film first

Think it's best to stay off the Wiki page as of tonight, as I reckon the full plot will be going up

I think we should have got it first too, what with it being a British production :/

I've enjoyed reading some of the reviews, but I wish some of them had included a spoiler warning! (I now know the first scenes of the film). Still, I look forward to this and can't wait to see how Jennet Humfrye appears (thankfully not TOO much of her has been leaked online).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DON'T go on Yahoo Movies if you don't want to know what the opening scene is
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very mixed reviews on The Review Show I'm afraid

Only the presenter seems to like it at the moment
  • Options
    ugglauggla Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bloody hell that's been some time since i seen that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The full plot is now up on the Wiki page, so be careful if you head onto that particular page :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He must have had some lessons, he was terrible as Potter :)

He was OK in the early films, but then again you don't expect much from child actors. I heard a very diplomatic American reviewer talking about DR in his mid teens and saying that he appeared to have reached the limit of his acting ability. If it wasn't for the name he made for himself in Potter, he would now be getting roles like "troubled youth" or "second accident victim" in Doctors or Holby City.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As usual the ordinary film punters give the film far higher ratings than the so called film critic experts !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very mixed reviews on The Review Show I'm afraid

Only the presenter seems to like it at the moment

I agree only Kirsty the presenter really liked it ! the others including the american woman slagged it off !...i found them and her in paticullay very annoying ! :mad:
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,866
    Forum Member
    I don't like the trailers I have seen so far. It strikes me as yet ANOTHER "slap dash" remake badly done like the Amityville Horror and The Fog remakes where!

Why is it they do remakes so badly these days?! I count it as a remake as I see the original TV film version as the original film and that was the standard bearer, it was awesome and please release it onto DVD!

By the way, the author of the actual book, Susan Hill is doing a discussion and I think a Q and A about the Woman In lack around the 18th Feb in London. Saw it advertised in The Guardian about 10 days ago! I think a lot of people who go may want to complain about why the T films has never beeen given a decent release on DVD though.