The Sims 4

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
Forum Member
EA have registered The Sims 4 domain, and are expected to make an announcement tomorrow.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a478920/the-sims-4-registered-by-ea-announcement-tipped-for-monday.html

Not sure what BIG differences will be between 3 and 4 unlike 2 and 3.

ETA. Just had an idea that the difference could be that it is an online version, they tried it before but it didn't quite work out.

Comments

• Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not interested in EA games anymore.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon there will be some building improvements to the engine, like the new Sim City. ie. curved walls, no grid, finer positioning of objects, etc. Hopefully there will be improvements to the level of customisation of Sims you create, too.

However, I'm also expecting it to go online only, like Sim City, too. Not online, no game for you. You'll probably get fixed neighbourhoods, like SC regions, where you can buy a plot of land with a house you can customize - just like before - but other houses will be populated with sims controlled by other people online, instead of AI. There will also be tons of micro-transactions for furniture and the like.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^That sounds more or like what will probably happen - especially the always-online element despite the huge cock up they made with Sim City 5.

Don't think I'll be switching - especially if it does have online only requirement.
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    The problem with them going always online is the demographic of the game. It's hugely popular with young girls and probably where a vast amount of their sales come from. Lot of parents will be pissed, if their forced to give internet access to their young kids. I've got no doubt it's the way they will go, however It will probably be terrible move financially. Well if dose fail least they can't blame piracy or anything but themselves.

It's also funny considering how much EA make from the PC industry and how well their games have sold in the past, and how their the ones trying to combat piracy and in end only effecting their millions after millions of legit buyers. However other companies who struggle so hard to break that millionth sale, go on release games with no DRM or no intrusive DRM.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    I bet Sims 4 will be always online.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,870
    Forum Member
    Not sure how I feel about this. My pc struggles with TS3 with recent expansions, and loading time takes ages. Will TS4 be even worse? Not sure I'd want to buy a new PC just to enable me to play it.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure how I feel about this. My pc struggles with TS3 with recent expansions, and loading time takes ages. Will TS4 be even worse? Not sure I'd want to buy a new PC just to enable me to play it.

Sims games historically have always been games that require better than average machines so I would expect the requirements for 4 to be a big leap from 3.
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems to have been officially announced- most fansites with info are crashing ATM though, with a lot of people looking.

ETA #1: No online play, apparently, with a picture of logo and some sim eyes, too. https://twitter.com/beyondsims/status/331428412977733633/photo/1/large
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Can't find any news it's all crashed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow actually an "offline" game.

Video of conference call:
    http://youtu.be/vTgK8u5MrmM
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would've been fantastic if there was online play too. Like you could pick if you wanted to play online or not. Would have loved to be able to go online and make a house and raise a family in a town/city with other people.

Still, I'm excited to see what new things they bring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to see what else they tell us over the next few months. Was very surprised to see that it would be out next year, was thinking it would be another 2 or 3 years away yet, so obviously they have done a good job on working on it in secret for a while!

Going by the small image of the actual sims they look a bit basic, but then again when TS3 was announced I said the same and also said I would not like it lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would've been fantastic if there was online play too. Like you could pick if you wanted to play online or not. Would have loved to be able to go online and make a house and raise a family in a town/city with other people.

Still, I'm excited to see what new things they bring.

From the bits I've seen it will have an online mode that can be switched off. Best of both worlds really.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confirmed:
    https://twitter.com/TheSims3/status/331468504073113600

So i guess it's time to upgrade my laptop (again!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member
    A Q&A has been posted @ http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/675024.page
    Press release also here @ http://www.ea.com/news/the-sims-4-in-development-for-pc-and-mac

Has everyone seen the updated sims4.com site? It's in Simlish lol I've been trying to find a translation!

ETA. Just found a translation for it, but it makes no sense at all lol

Here is a rough translation :We will be important, interesting, but because occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it. We currently have in the train comes to find fault with that produces no resultant pleasure is to be online applications. These cases are perfectly account of the system, they are at fault quae workshop to leave softens the fall of such a nature that they may recommend you never laboguire and pain can procure him some great pleasure
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to be a big fan of the original Sims game but learned that my PC wouldn't be able to run The Sims 2, which was a shame, so I had to just read about it. It doesn't feel that long ago that I was doing so and now The Sims 4 is coming out!