The Rover Returns! [Spoilers!]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like Steve back at the pub, it seemed more laid back and he does make me laugh. I would hope he stays involved with the cab firm too as his and Lloyd's friendship is good to watch.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    How the hell could Steve afford to buy back the Rovers?!!
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping this I'd true. Much preferred Liz and Steve in the Rovers to Stella and awful Eva.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    I must be the only one who can't stand Liz McDonald. :(

I hope she and Lloyd don't 'start' again :)

No, I don't like her either, and I like 'Lizoyd' (:D) even less.

And where does Steve get the money from to suddenly buy a pub? He didn't have two pennies to rub together not long ago :rolleyes:
  • pattycakepattycake Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    I must be the only one who can't stand Liz McDonald. :(

I hope she and Lloyd don't 'start' again :)

No You aren't
  • dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So goodbye Liz Is all for nothing then I always thought she would've return but not 2 years after she left and not as landlady I thought it would've been at least 4 or 5 years before she would've returned as a a guest appearance
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Not sure what to think about this, but deep down I think we all new it was coming...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 68,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Michelle Collins maybe leaving Corrie then?
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    I'm absolutely fuming about this.
    What Beverley Callard wants, Beverley Callard gets. And then she'll just quit again in 2 years.
    She's a poor actress as well... :mad:
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    I saw this coming. I'll say what's already been said before, Stella and Eva had potential at least, and I can see Stella leaving and Eva just lingering around as a background character like Maria for years, all so they can bring back Liz, whose actress will probably quit in another 2 years.

It's just a waste. Liz was gone. They could have got rid of Gloria and introduced a few more family members to make the Prices even better.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt Michelle Collins will quit just because she's out of the Rovers. She's in a wellpaid job, bound to get good storylines and is now a popular character.
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt Michelle Collins will quit just because she's out of the Rovers. She's in a wellpaid job, bound to get good storylines and is now a popular character.

Stella seems pretty unpopular, from what I've seen here and elsewhere.
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    She'll quit, unless she's given amazing storylines, as soon as she gets enough money to keep herself comfortable and to send her children off to uni.

I believe that's what the actress said herself in an interview about her joining Corrie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    So Michelle Collins maybe leaving Corrie then?

I reckon there is a strong possibility that she will leave next year. She has been kicked out of the Rovers and I think she has said in the past that living in London and working in Manchester is a problem for her because she doesn't get to see her daughter much.
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet Phil Colinson is fuming.
  • .exe.exe Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Stella could open the cafe after Hayley goes and calls it cuppa tea thru the back room!
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Phil Colinson is fuming.

It's his fault really, if he hadn't shoehorned Stella into every storyline ever, perhaps she would have been liked.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle Collins has never seemed like she is going to stay long term anyway so it wouldnt surprise me if we hear of her exit in the new few months.
  • roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    No, I don't like her either, and I like 'Lizoyd' (:D) even less.

And where does Steve get the money from to suddenly buy a pub? He didn't have two pennies to rub together not long ago :rolleyes:

+1 to this.

I can't believe anyone could really buy a Buisness without their oh finding out early on,, and if I did I'd have a divorce or be dumped on my hands.

And as said, where's the money coming from, a mortgage for a pub is almost impossible (in real life anyway) with the pub trade as it is and a half share in a small back street cab company is hardly collateral for a big loan for a Buisness in a failing trade.

So Steve must have £160,000 (or large part of) sitting in the bank which I would find very unbelievable with him living in a poky overcrowded flat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news. Hopefully this is the end of Michelle Collins' crappy cliché-ridden character.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Brilliant news if true. Liz is a far better landlady. Stella is far too soft on her staff.

I do not think Tina and Stella are right for The Rovers, whereas I think Michelle and Liz are right for The Rovers. I would also like Eva as a full time barmaid. She is great.
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Liz is a great landlady and would be happy to see her back behind the bar (and the back of Stella to be honest).

I've always felt Stella is a bit too dull, lacks 'oomph' and doesn't have enough personality for that role, especially when you consider the other characters who had done it before - Shelley, Jack & Vera, Bet Lynch, Mrs Walker.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    +1 to this.

I can't believe anyone could really buy a Buisness without their oh finding out early on,, and if I did I'd have a divorce or be dumped on my hands.

And as said, where's the money coming from, a mortgage for a pub is almost impossible (in real life anyway) with the pub trade as it is and a half share in a small back street cab company is hardly collateral for a big loan for a Buisness in a failing trade.

So Steve must have £160,000 (or large part of) sitting in the bank which I would find very unbelievable with him living in a poky overcrowded flat.

I suppose maybe, (and I'm trying desperately to find some logic here), since Steve does live in a (presumably) rented poky flat and he and Michelle both theoretically work full-time, (well, they turn up full-time anyway), they could hypothetically have been squirreling away their joint earnings, (especially if Ry-Un was paying some sort of rent too).

Come to think of it, (sorry, memory like a goldfish here), what happened to the house he owned - the one he had Owen split in two in a couple of hours, that Tracyluv and Beth Tinker were living in one half each of)? :confused:
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,127
    Forum Member
    Kevin's house I bet, which is conviniently set to go up for sale. :D
    It wont work having Stella so near to the pub she once had.