CS. Way to go Sally

Comments

• NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Sally can be stuck up and annoying, but the Windass clan are just vile. At least Sally doesn't go trying to have people beaten up or chased out of town. I really hope the Windass family get their comeuppance, especially Anna and her attack dog Owen.
  • AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think one way Anna and Owen will get their comeuppance is just to have to carry on being their revolting selves;)
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally AHHHHHHHH!!
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Sally can be stuck up and annoying, but the Windass clan are just vile. At least Sally doesn't go trying to have people beaten up or chased out of town. I really hope the Windass family get their comeuppance, especially Anna and her attack dog Owen.

Haha I can imagine him in a dog collar barking on a lead :D
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Haha I can imagine him in a dog collar barking on a lead :D

:D:D:D
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,596
    Forum Member
    Love Owen. Lots of people on here hiding behind their computer screens whilst dissing him. A very scary man.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok Sally & Tim, yes I am liking this paring, I hope it stays the course.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I have no sympathy for Sally she deserves everything Anna and Owen say to her.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Love Owen. Lots of people on here hiding behind their computer screens whilst dissing him. A very scary man.

Computer screen - are you kidding? :eek: I'm sitting in my panic room, hiding behind reinforced steel doors and barred windows and a crocodile-infested moat and I still think twice before dissing him. :eek:
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only realised today Owen voices the character of lovely King Thistle in Ben and Holly. :eek:

But yes...LOVED Sally taking on those bullies. I really liked her John Wayne impression.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sally can be a vile, snobby cow when she wants and the adoption comment was pretty nasty. But to be fair, she's hardly doing anything wrong.
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she can be horrible most of the time

That's the best part about her! :D
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wwinterj wrote: »
    At the end of the day Sally was only speaking the truth. Anna and even more so Owen have no right to keep a farther away from his kid when the farther isn't bad as such and just wants to be part of his daughters life.

I'd have thought her being adopted would make a considerable difference. If he wanted to be 'part of her life' why was she in care and then put up for adoption?
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,596
    Forum Member
    The irony is, of course that Sally made the adopted comment as a put down to Anna. However, it is because of the actions of Tim that children like Faye actually need someone to adopt them in the first place. The same Tim that is now the love of Hypocrite Sally's life. To adopt a child in need of a home is a wonderful thing to do rather than, as someone of Sally's limited intelligence thinks, something to ridicule someone for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    hope there's a cat fight brewing between the two ..we need a cat fight on the cobbles :D
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At last! Someone who isn't on Sally's side.

I find her to be sly, sneering, smirking and smug.

What else that begins with S? Oh yes, shes also prone to being a snob.

She was laughing and enjoying her little moment with Anna and Owen.

Now I'm not a fan of those two, but if she was giving me grief like that and laughing at the same time, I would be inclined to put my fist in her gob and see if she found that funny.

It hasn't even got anything to do with her. One sex session and she thinks it's her and Tim against the world.

Silly cow.
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The irony is, of course that Sally made the adopted comment as a put down to Anna. However, it is because of the actions of Tim that children like Faye actually need someone to adopt them in the first place. The same Tim that is now the love of Hypocrite Sally's life. To adopt a child in need of a home is a wonderful thing to do rather than, as someone of Sally's limited intelligence thinks, something to ridicule someone for.

Extremely well said!
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

mr mouse, I think I'm a little bit in love with you for this post :o

As I said on the episode thread,, I'm an adoptive mother, and if someone said this to me, it'd be just about the unkindest thing they could say to me. OK, its a bit different for me, as it would be mocking my inability to have children. (Unlike Anna whose motivation has never really been explored other than she always wanted a daughter or something? :confused: )

So while calling someone a slapper or a fat cow or whatever insults they could have had flying between them is bitchy and uncalled for, having a pop at them for having an adopted child is just cruel. Especially so when the kid is in earshot.

Tim seems like a total drip to me, bowing down to Owen's demands, then hiding behind a woman to defy him. What Sally would see in him defeats me. Unless he's awesome in the sack. :D

However, I do agree with the consensus that Anna is a total gobshite and a shockingly bad adoptive parent. Her handling of the whole Tim thing has been piss poor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally's personality is so mixed depending on the storyline. I found the way she was on Friday's episode arrogant and she had no right to speak to particularly Anna the way she did. Anna is Faye's Mum and Sally needs to remember that. There are reasons Tim doesn't care for Faye, the fact her left her on her own and Sally almost justified this by saying he is new to being a parent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We can't just take Tim's mistake of going away and trusting Faye to be telling him the truth that she WAS going to stay with Anna against the man forever. Is what he did far worse than Owen smashing Faye's laptop? Or Anna leaving her online to contact strangers online?
    The fact is that Tim for all his faults is Faye's blood related parent and naturally Faye wants to get to know him and find out about where she came from and who she is.So why does Windass think that preventing Faye from seeing him is for the best? That it's ok for Faye to lose contact with her dad again?She only has the kids best interest at heart of course doesn't she? She has after all made an executive decision that it's in Faye's interest for her to live with a little man who thinks a good slap is the answer to everything!
    Sally was only retaliating to Owen and Anna who seem to think that the best way to conduct themselves in public is to bawl and hiss at anyone who's standing in the way of what they want, because it's very apparent that their easy life is all that really concerns them.

Sally reminded Anna that she is Faye's adopted parent as her and Owen where dismissing Tim as though he was an irritating little ant that they could make disappear even though he is Faye's birth father and clearly does care for his child and simply wants to be there for her as much as he can. I thought Anna was very strict about who belonged to who genetically, doesn't she throw this in Tina's face enough?
    Anna Windass is a vicious hag and Owen is her attack dog.
    If they lived somewhere else they'd be driving round in pick up trucks pointing shotguns out at anyone they didn't like the look of.(well Owen mostly there isn't he? )
    I wonder how much cash has found it's way into Anna's pocket at Roy's rolls?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    We can't just take Tim's mistake of going away and trusting Faye to be telling him the truth that she WAS going to stay with Anna against the man forever. Is what he did far worse than Owen smashing Faye's laptop? Or Anna leaving her online to contact strangers online?
    The fact is that Tim for all his faults is Faye's blood related parent and naturally Faye wants to get to know him and find out about where she came from and who she is.So why does Windass think that preventing Faye from seeing him is for the best? That it's ok for Faye to lose contact with her dad again?She only has the kids best interest at heart of course doesn't she? She has after all made an executive decision that it's in Faye's interest for her to live with a little man who thinks a good slap is the answer to everything!
    Sally was only retaliating to Owen and Anna who seem to think that the best way to conduct themselves in public is to bawl and hiss at anyone who's standing in the way of what they want, because it's very apparent that their easy life is all that really concerns them.

Sally reminded Anna that she is Faye's adopted parent as her and Owen where dismissing Tim as though he was an irritating little ant that they could make disappear even though he is Faye's birth father and clearly does care for his child and simply wants to be there for her as much as he can. I thought Anna was very strict about who belonged to who genetically, doesn't she throw this in Tina's face enough?
    Anna Windass is a vicious hag and Owen is her attack dog.
    If they lived somewhere else they'd be driving round in pick up trucks pointing shotguns out at anyone they didn't like the look of.(well Owen mostly there isn't he? )
    I wonder how much cash has found it's way into Anna's pocket at Roy's rolls?
    Very well said and every word true.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .exe wrote: »
    Adoptive mother, so what? In the eyes of the law Anna is Faye's mother, her legal guardian, which is more than can be said for Tim.

Blood is thicker than water. Most adopted children have an urge to find out who they really are and Tim isn't a monster. If Anna and her clan made more effort for Faye to have a relationship with her father they wouldn't have all the problems with her that they have. It's been proven time and time again that keeping a child from seeing it's parent is detremental to the child's well being (unless of course the parent is a sociopath or suchlike)
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not if the person doing the adopting doesn't have the child's best interests at heart. Anna has shown time and time again that she regards Faye as a possession rather than a human being with emotional needs.
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    Sally reminded Anna that she is Faye's adopted parent as her and Owen where dismissing Tim as though he was an irritating little ant that they could make disappear even though he is Faye's birth father and clearly does care for his child and simply wants to be there for her as much as he can.

I can sort of see your POV, and in certain circs it can be appropriate for a biological parent to have a relationship with their child who has been adopted (although not under the circs in the Corrie scenario where the birth parent just moves in over the road etc :rolleyes:, but in a gradual and monitored manner.)

What I found unacceptable was Sally shrilling it in the street in front of Faye, and secondly, what the hell has it got to do with her anyway? If she was Tim's partner of several years and was making the point in a thoughtful discussion about Faye's future, she may have a valid, if badly worded point. But it was obvious she was saying it just to stir things, so for that I can't get my pom-poms out for team Sally here!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bellamina wrote: »
    Very well said and every word true.

:):)

Sadly i have to go away for a few days without my laptop.
    It's going to be tough and I'm really going to miss you all:cry:
    Keep up all your good work everyone;):D:p