Did anyone feel sorry for Chas last night

julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,690
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Did anyone feel sorry for Chas when she said to Cameron she stuck by him even when her own family turned against her and he said he never loved her he only stayed with her because he felt sorry for her. What a rat.

Loved it the other night when Cain asked Chas if she was doing OK and told her if she needed anything she knew where to find him and then said well whatever normal folk do.
Still like the bad boy Cain to surface every now and again

Comments

• GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What cameron said was appalling. I don't feel entirely sorry for her - she knew he was a cheat when she became involved with him, and what she did to Debbie was terrible. But yes, I was swearing at the telly when Cameron said that stuff. Horrible.

That was a nice wee scene between Cain and Chas. I'm glad that they've rebuilt their relationship.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If only he had the cojones to tell her he stayed with her out of guilt, because he's the one who killed Carl and then promised to go to the police station to confess. That would have cheered her right up.
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before the thread is filled with the usual high horse replies, yes, I absolutely did, as obviously he was awful, and it's not her fault she loved him etc. Of course she did this behind Debbie's back, knew he was a cheat etc. That's life - she still fell in love with the guy, no one can help that.

Obviously DS soap forum is full of saints
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely felt sorry for her. She thought (as did I mind!) that Cameron was 100% genuine in his feelings for her or she'd never have went near him and hurt Debbie like that, she did feel very bad about it at the time but thought that they were the real deal, for keeps. Now the b@stard is making out that Chas was basically only his distraction while Debbie was shagging her ex to make the spare parts baby! That it meant nothing and he should always have been with Debbie and would have been if Carl hadn't forced the issue.

Nice.

To think back when Debbie was making the saviour sibling I actually felt sorry for Cameron the slimeball!
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drifter wrote: »
    Before the thread is filled with the usual high horse replies, yes, I absolutely did, as obviously he was awful, and it's not her fault she loved him etc. Of course she did this behind Debbie's back, knew he was a cheat etc. That's life - she still fell in love with the guy, no one can help that.

She let herself fall in love with him. It didn't happen overnight. They second she started to enjoy his company just a little too much, she should have backed off. She also should not have led Dan on like she did. Cameron telling her he never loved her and only felt sorry for her is basically how Dan thinks that Chas felt about him. I do feel sorry for her though.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, JerseyBoy is a snivelling cowardly slug. I think he only told Chas to keep Debbie sweet, incase she fell apart over Gennie. I actually don't think he had any more intention of telling Chas about Debbie, than he did Debbie about Chas. He wants his cake and eat it always, only coming clean when his arms are twisted, ( and murder isn't an option) by Carl for Debbie and, ironically, by Debbie for Chas.
  • star89star89 Posts: 23,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What cameron said was appalling. I don't feel entirely sorry for her - she knew he was a cheat when she became involved with him, and what she did to Debbie was terrible. But yes, I was swearing at the telly when Cameron said that stuff. Horrible.

I agree with this totally.

It's hard to be so black and white in a situation like this. On one hand I think Chas deserves it, she cheated with Cameron and hurt Debbie at a time when she was most vulnerable. What Chas did was awful. Debbie is her niece and they have always been close. Yes Chas fell in love with Cameron and sometimes you can't help who you fall for BUT her love for Debbie should of been enough to stop her. She is old enough to know better.

But even with saying all that, I did feel sorry for Chas when Cameron said all that he did. It was an awful thing for him to say, that he never loved her. What makes it worse is Chas now thinks she hurt Debbie and spent the last week of Gennie's life hating her for nothing.

Cameron is pure scum :mad:
    Drifter wrote: »

I see where your coming from as well. Chas didn't set out to hurt anyone. She fell in love with him. Maybe she did bring it all upon herself but I still felt sorry for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I certainly felt sorry for her, fancy having a fringe like a ten-year old at her age.

Poor girl.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a Chas fan, I am so happy that she is finally away from "Cameron the I have more personalities than a schizophrenic". Chas is better away from Cameron.

One minute he loves Debbie then he loves Chas then he loves Debbie again then he loves Chas and then he loves Debbie again. He's like a ping pong ball!!!

I would be happy if Jersey boy took Debbie over the edge of a very steep cliff
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly felt sorry for her, fancy having a fringe like a ten-year old at her age.

Poor girl.

:D:D:D

As you can see from my 'services', I'm still working on that one, but without a borrow of Dobbeh's 12-bore, it's not easy. :(
  • 80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What he said to Chas was despicable - what a spineless coward he his.

Grr, murderingjerseyscumvietcamcan'tremembertherest :mad::mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    :D:D:D

As you can see from my 'services', I'm still working on that one, but without a borrow of Dobbeh's 12-bore, it's not easy. :(

Lol, I've never noticed that before OJ, I don't tend to read the stuff on the left other than the name. :D

(I'm lazy like that)
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all, about time the character was brought down a peg or two.
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, yes, yes. I was almost in tears for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joking apart, who could honestly feel sorry for her, he wasn't hers to fall in love with.
    She completely brought it all on herself.

Folk saying you can't help who you fall in love with should remember she engineered all that, offering him a bed for the night when him & Debbie had rowed etc, flirting endlessly with him, it was a situation of her own making from day one & none of her business.

Add to that as Whedonite rightly says, about how she led poor Dan up the garden path & humiliated him - then there's a real touch of Karma about this whole thing if you ask me.

She can mope about with sad eyes & wail as much as she likes - but I'd personally save your sorrow for those that actually deserve it.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joking apart, who could honestly feel sorry for her, he wasn't hers to fall in love with.
    She completely brought it all on herself.

Folk saying you can't help who you fall in love with should remember she engineered all that, offering him a bed for the night when him & Debbie had rowed etc, flirting endlessly with him, it was a situation of her own making from day one & none of her business.

Add to that as Whedonite rightly says, about how she led poor Dan up the garden path & humiliated him - then there's a real touch of Karma about this whole thing if you ask me.

She can mope about with sad eyes & wail as much as she likes - but I'd personally save your sorrow for those that actually deserve it.

I'll probably get drummed out of t'Daily for this, but I totally agree with you, Q.

Chas knew he cheated on his wife and abandoned his kids 'for the love of Dobbeh', then she knew he cheated on Dobbeh and abandoned poor sickly Sawah 'for the love of her'. Other than wearing a sticker on his forehead saying 'I am a scumbag - quite hot, but still a scumbag', what more did he have to do before she realised he's a SCUMBAG? :rolleyes:
  • 80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I'll probably get drummed out of t'Daily for this, but I totally agree with you, Q.

Chas knew he cheated on his wife and abandoned his kids 'for the love of Dobbeh', then she knew he cheated on Dobbeh and abandoned poor sickly Sawah 'for the love of her'. Other than wearing a sticker on his forehead saying 'I am a scumbag - quite hot, but still a scumbag', what more did he have to do before she realised he's a SCUMBAG? :rolleyes:

This is true, and equally Debbie should know that there is no way he will stay faithful to her forever.

It takes two to tango - normally I would always say that the one who was actually cheating was mainly to blame but Chas also kind of cheated on Debbie (in a way) as she was betraying her niece. She has said herself that she knew it was wrong but she did it for love :(

I don't think she is blameless but I do think that what he said to her last night was not only despicable but very cruel as well.

The only person Cameron loves is himself - he moves effortlessly back to Debbie's bed and as Charity said he could well be back trying his luck with Chas again next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debbie and Chas would do well to remember if he can do it with you he can do it to you.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »
    This is true, and equally Debbie should know that there is no way he will stay faithful to her forever.

It takes two to tango - normally I would always say that the one who was actually cheating was mainly to blame but Chas also kind of cheated on Debbie (in a way) as she was betraying her niece. She has said herself that she knew it was wrong but she did it for love :(

I don't think she is blameless but I do think that what he said to her last night was not only despicable but very cruel as well.

The only person Cameron loves is himself - he moves effortlessly back to Debbie's bed and as Charity said he could well be back trying his luck with Chas again next week.

Never a truer word was spoken! Debbie should take the blinkers off and remember that the snake actually cheated on her when she was (until then) at her very lowest (we all know that she only reached her lowest when Cameron left her :rolleyes:) when she had a very sick daughter who had a very real chance of dying. When you think about it that way it's quite shocking what he did! Boo hoo! Debbie wasn't paying him enough attention because she had other things on her mind so he went sniffing round her auntie/cousin. Ugh, he's vile (and I hate that overused on t'internet word but it fits in this case!)

Of course Chas should have known better! Of course she should have left well alone but to me she's another victim of Cameron who seems to have magic powers and can bewitch some women to lose both their knickers and their reasoning/sanity with just one look!
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Cameron loves anyone. He is probably only with Debbie now cause she knows he murdered Carl.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really. She knew Cameron is a cheat when she got with him. Plus I find it annoying that Chas is angry with Debbie, as she did the same thing to her!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Never a truer word was spoken! Debbie should take the blinkers off and remember that the snake actually cheated on her when she was (until then) at her very lowest (we all know that she only reached her lowest when Cameron left her :rolleyes:) when she had a very sick daughter who had a very real chance of dying. When you think about it that way it's quite shocking what he did! Boo hoo! Debbie wasn't paying him enough attention because she had other things on her mind so he went sniffing round her auntie/cousin. Ugh, he's vile (and I hate that overused on t'internet word but it fits in this case!)

Of course Chas should have known better! Of course she should have left well alone but to me she's another victim of Cameron who seems to have magic powers and can bewitch some women to lose both their knickers and their reasoning/sanity with just one look!

I've got a sneaking feeling that if it wasn't the fact it was Debbie, a lot of people would feel far less sorry for Chas;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cameron did, I'm told. ;)
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,136
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »

BIB: It's those dead, staring eyes of his - what girl could resist :p

I do feel sorry for Chas - I don't think that somebody has to be blameless in a situation for you to feel sympathy for them. I have, at points, had sympathy and felt for all the major parties involved. Chas should have exercised more self restraint, yes, but she was at a pretty low ebb at the time (hadn't Aaron recently had his troubles and then left) and by the time the physical side of the affair began, I truly do think that she believed Cameron and Debbie's relationship to be over bar the shouting without any involvement from her. The really unforgiveable thing she did was to lead Dan on but unfortunately that seems to be a fairly standard response in Soap - jump into bed with a new man to try and move on from the one you really want but can't have, Carla in Corrie is notorious for this.

I felt sorry for Debbie in that her child was ill and she was willing to do anything to save her and I even felt sorry for Cameron who didn't think he could cope with the idea of the woman he loved shagging her ex only to have her proceed anyway.

They have all been sympathetic and absolutely hateful in their actions at differing times - it is what has made it a good story.

Cam comes out the worst though and Chas is still confused bless her, because of course she still doesn't know the full story.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the way Cameron spoke to her was so nasty! Yes how they got together was wrong but he seems to be able to switch his emotions from one woman to the next instantly!