[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So has anyone seen Bethenny's talk show?

It's been hyped for about the past 20 years but appears to be a big fat flop.
  • DC1983DC1983 Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel very uncomfortable watching Vancouver. There seems to be a hell of a lot of bullying going down. Jodi and Ronnie are horrendous and should know better considering how old they are.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DC1983 wrote: »
    I feel very uncomfortable watching Vancouver. There seems to be a hell of a lot of bullying going down. Jodi and Ronnie are horrendous and should know better considering how old they are.

Yes, I'm feeling that way about it too. Does Jodie have any redeeming features?
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    So Lady Gaga was on Andy's Watch What Happens show the other day. She became a big Housewives fan when she injured her hip and was made to rest. She loves Miami and bizarrely her favourite Housewife is Karent - how random! She also likes NeNe, Kandi and Lisa Vanderpump!

Her Housewives tagline would be... ''They may say I'm a woman, but underneath I'm all man!'' ;):D
  • DC1983DC1983 Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Lady Gaga was on Andy's Watch What Happens show the other day. She became a big Housewives fan when she injured her hip and was made to rest. She loves Miami and bizarrely her favourite Housewife is Karent - how random! She also likes NeNe, Kandi and Lisa Vanderpump!

Her Housewives tagline would be... ''They may say I'm a woman, but underneath I'm all man!'' ;):D

Never thought I would agree with Gaga over anything as these ladies are pretty much my faves too, though I would swap Kandi with Cynthia! Love her little tagline too.
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnny-br wrote: »
    Not sure if I like Vancouver as much as the others. The treatment of Mary on today's ITV2 show was horrendous - she invites THEM to their hotel and they are all vile to her? Was disappointed with Christina for walking out with the others.

I missed yesterdays ep but the treatment of Mary is horrible. Ronnie is horrid, with friends like her who needs enemies. I don't understand why Mary has become their prime target, she comes across as incredibly likeable- maybe that's what they don't like. Jody and Ronnie are incredibly spiteful women, shame they can't see how vindictive they look.

Apologies for any mistakes I'm on my phone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never thought I would agree with Gaga over anything as these ladies are pretty much my faves too, though I would swap Kandi with Cynthia! Love her little tagline too.

The tagline GIF made me crack up :D

http://bricesander.tumblr.com/post/60996176284/lady-gagas-housewives-tagline
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm going to give up on Vancouver. I know every Housewives has bitchiness in it but in Vancouver it seems to be all there is, they don't have any redeeming features and I don't find constant bitchiness entertaining. I do feel sorry for Mary but why would you talk to people who treat you like that? She could leave.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jody's semi OK in S1. S2 is far, far worse. Ronnie is just a follower, weak and shallow.
    Yes, I'm feeling that way about it too. Does Jodie have any redeeming features?
    No
    Jenbonjovi wrote: »
    I think I'm going to give up on Vancouver. I know every Housewives has bitchiness in it but in Vancouver it seems to be all there is, they don't have any redeeming features and I don't find constant bitchiness entertaining. I do feel sorry for Mary but why would you talk to people who treat you like that? She could leave.

:( It's the first HoWives show I haven't kept. I cant tell you how disgusted I was at the end of S2. Yes, I watched it, but I didn't save it and I will never watch a replay of it. I kept hoping someone would pull the cow and her equally repulsive daughter up and leave them totally friendless. (I find it hard to believe Jody has friends)
    Unlike other franchises which have humour and cattiness that makes you laugh, Vancouver just made me sad for the state of their (and mine for watching it) actions.
    Just dreadful. It went beyond entertainment. :mad:
    Still Mary has the last laugh, she's happily dating a billionaire. Plus she's the only HoWife to have real talent. I loved her song "Heroes" and it's on my M3player. :)Plus Jody's 2nd hand shop is going down the Swanee after people tuned away in droves after listening to her bullying

In other HW news I'm afraid Tamra will have to get married without me. After 2 Episodes of "Tamra's OC Wedding" I've had enough. I detest Eddie so I'm yelling at him to not go through with it so they break up andI don't have to see him ever again.
    A bit like Slimey, except it's easy to laugh at him, he's been through so many of the OC and is sort of part of the furniture.

I'll give Nene's wedding show a shot, but I'm not holding out too much hope. The only spinoff I've absolutely loved is Kims. Partly because it's so feel good and partly because Kim is very funny and totally different from on TRHoW's of Atlanta.

God bless her, she's still the laziest person I've ever watched .I aspire to that level, getting someone else to do everything for me while complaining how exhausted I am all the time. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Jodi. *shudder*

PLEASE NOTE: I've contacted ITV asking when they're going to air S3 of BH. I got a reply saying that they are currently in the process of buying the episodes to show however no transmission date can be said yet. Fingers crossed for it being really soon! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Elliwhi wrote: »
    Jodi. *shudder*

PLEASE NOTE: I've contacted ITV asking when they're going to air S3 of BH. I got a reply saying that they are currently in the process of buying the episodes to show however no transmission date can be said yet. Fingers crossed for it being really soon! :D

I'm always wondering how things like this happen, is there an online catalogue where tv channels just buy the seasons they want electronically or are there literally two people from ITV & NBCUniversal (Bravo's parent company) signing a contract in handwriting? :o
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jodi. *shudder*

Thank you for this news. Do you know if the shows that finished a couple of weeks ago were seasons 1 and 2 ?
    This has been my favourite Housewives series yet.
  • XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    In other HW news I'm afraid Tamra will have to get married without me. After 2 Episodes of "Tamra's OC Wedding" I've had enough. I detest Eddie so I'm yelling at him to not go through with it so they break up andI don't have to see him ever again.
    A bit like Slimey, except it's easy to laugh at him, he's been through so many of the OC and is sort of part of the furniture.

I've still got this sitting to watch, but I just haven't had the inclination. Its only 3 eps long at least so ill get the last ep when it comes out and maybe blast through all 3 in one sitting. Agreed tally, its Eddie. I just don't like him. There's something about him thats so off to me. Tamra I don't mind so much (well, at any rate she was much less hateful than usual this past season on The OC)

At the opposite end of the scale though, I absolutely cant wait for Nene's wedding show :D I saw a few preview clips when I was in the US and it looks fab. It will deff help me get my Atlanta fix until their new season starts up.

Though, I'm wondering when that might be? Its usually around Nov right? but I think they are still filming, or may just have finished, so could it be the new year before we get Season 6? I'm actually wondering if Bravo might show the new season of NYC later in the year. With all the delays in filming for NY we haven't had anything from them this year. And if Atlanta starts before NYC, that would also put them a season ahead technically, even though NYC started first.

Moving onto NJ, I came a cross this article regarding the season 5 finale, apologies if this is old news but ill post it anyways

Bravo alters Season 5 finale

Looks like the big brawl between Jac, Chris Laurita and Joe Gorga against Penny and her hubby is going to be a bit different to what actually happened, it seems Bravo are editing Penny and her hubby out of the finale! I get that there are legal issues surrounding it, but really :rolleyes:. Does anyone know when the finale is? It must be soon, last nights ep would be 16 so there cant be more than a couple left. I cant wait for this season to be over, bring on Beverly Hills, at least that should be fun to watch!
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vancouver is really irritating me.

I thought it was good to start with but it's terrible.

Jody is terrible. Ronnie is absolutely NUTS just with money.

Reiko is thick.

Christina and Mary are easily understandable at least, but they are the MINORITY here, and so the nutters dominate and it's just annoying.
    Forum Member
    I think next week's RHONJ is the season finale part 1, because the Posche 2 opening (which was filmed as the finale) is already shown in the previews.
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jodi. *shudder*

I've watched season 3 online and it looks like ITV will have alot of editing to do because they obviously won't just bleep it out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I was going to post how boring NJ is when they are all getting along and playing Happy Families. Until the last 5 minutes :eek:

Pretty routine episode mostly. Jaq is getting worked up about giving a speech to an autism awareness basketball fundraiser so asks Tre to help her. Chris just cant keep a straight face and cracks up at this. Anyway she gives a short, emotional speech which seems pretty OK to me. Have to agree with the Lauritos. Why cant people accept they are doing it because they are z list famous and have an autistic son. No hating or knocking from me, I don't understand why Twitter/blogs would accuse them of jumping on the bandwagon. Mind you some of the boards are so vicious the Archangel Gabriel would have a hard time getting a good rap.

Meanwhile Kathy has a great chance to open an outlet for her cannolis (Sp?) in NY supported by Ralph Lauren's sister :cool: and needs a full turn out of her friends and relatives to fill the venue up. Caroline manages the "worst migraine ever" while Tre, Melissa and Rosie all show up late! So poor Kathy has to put up with her slimeball turd of a husband who promises to keep his mouth shut and let Kathy do her thing. He doesn't of course :rolleyes:
    Dear God, what did she ever see in him let alone want to marry him for. He repulses me even when his filthy mouth isn't talking. *YUK* But the event seems to go off pretty OK so "go Kathy". Make tons of money then throw Rich on the rubbish heap where he belongs.

Meanwhile Melissa has VIP record producers over to hear her new song. Does Bravo pay these people to take part? I can only assume yes, because Melissa cannot sing. She sounds like a cat wailing. The producers seem pretty pissed off with her but invite her down to Orlando telling her she needs a vocal coach. Personally I think she needs a voice box transplant in order to stretch her thin squawk into anything resembling a commercial voice.
    They give her warnings that she has to devote everything to her "career" if she wants a shot at this, but I reckon they are laying their "get out" clause on the table. :p

Anyway she and JoGo go out in pursuit of the dream, stop for a meal when lo and behold they find Penny there in the same restaurant. Scripted? Much?. Melissa decides Pen didn't tell her all re the cheating rumours. Then Penny drops the bombshell that it's all coming from Teresa, including the fact she didn't go see her father in law in hospital. :eek: If that's true then Tre is in deep doo-dah plus the deep doo-dah she's in with the Law. Penny shows them Tre's mobile number etc on her cell, which considering she's denied even knowing Penny is pretty damning.

Line of the episode comes from Juicy as he and Rosie discuss maybe using a surrogate to see if he and Tre can have a boy. His eggs would be implanted!! Rosie, of course, is a bit hesitant on the eggs but laughs it off saying she has no medical knowledge.

:D Rosie, I think it's pretty certain Juicy does not produce eggs. Free range or otherwise.

Judging by the previews for next week it's Happy Families no more
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I was just watching Tamra's OC wedding and a preview for the RHOBH came on! It's back November 4th with two new wives, Joyce Giraud who we alread knew and Carlton Gebbia who lots of people thought was going to be a friend but she made it to a full time housewife. I need to watch it again as I was so surprised I didn't actually see much haha
    Forum Member
    kimkam_kim wrote: »
    I was just watching Tamra's OC wedding and a preview for the RHOBH came on! It's back November 4th with two new wives, Joyce Giraud who we alread knew and Carlton Gebbia who lots of people thought was going to be a friend but she made it to a full time housewife. I need to watch it again as I was so surprised I didn't actually see much haha
    WHAT? RHOBH season 4 promo? So excited omg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree with many if you re Vancouver Jody is coming across as such a bully, she is like a ringleader at school who insists the 'others' follow her lead. She is clearly on another planet believing her own hype. Her daughter is just a mini version with an even bigger head IMO.

Mary is my favourite she remains strong and actually has a career to be proud of.

Ronnie is crazy; I mean having a go at Mary for allowing her to drink wine? nobody forced her and if I remember rightly Mary encouraged her to stop. On numerous occasions she is intoxicated by the time she meets the ladies it doesn't seem to matter if its day or evening.
    Forum Member
    tally, I agree with a lot of what you say regarding New Jersey - but having read a lot of the online gossip about the filming of this season just makes me view it in an entirely different light. I loved the show, it was my favourite - and I know there's producer intervention going on in all these shows but NJ seems to take the biscuit. The chopping and changing of certain scenes just to fit the 'storyline' is ridiculous.

This week's episode seemed to have a few moments of question - the Gorga's meeting with Penny during their dinner was actually filmed BEFORE the entire group went to Arizona. Plus, many people who attended Kathy's cannoli event in New York had stated around the time of filming that all the other housewives were held back from entering the event to make it appear like they were late and weren't taking Kathy seriously. Kathy was even in on it!

There's also been stories regarding the upcoming finale episodes and how Bravo will edit around the actual events to make it appear another way. ''Real'' Housewives my arse! :D I still enjoy it all anyway.

As for Melissa meeting with Justin Timberlake's manager - is this guy in debt to someone? Why has he decided to hook up with Z-lister Melissa Gorga when he's managed some proper A-list world renowned popstars? I did have to laugh however when Melissa told Joe that she'd have to travel to his place in Orlando where she'd undergo vocal training - the look on his face was of pure disdain - autotune can fix that right? :rolleyes:

As for the Laurita's - I do appreciate they're trying to raise awareness for autism but the main criticism they face is that they feel the need to flog their own business whilst doing it. The concept of BLK water sounds awful. Who wants to drink a water that looks like black oil? To be honest, I was curious to find out what exactly it tastes like but judging by the reviews of the product on Amazon I think I'll give it a miss - who wants to drink something that tastes like metal?!
    Forum Member
    As I wrote, next week is going to be the first part of the RHONJ finale (according to Wikipedia).

But, now it gets interesting: RHOBH premieres Nov 4 at 8/7c and Vanderpump Rules Season 2 premieres the same day right after RHOBH at 9/8c.

That means that Miami will either be finished at that time (which would make it a SUPER SHORT season), OR they'll move it to another day (can't see them airing it at 10/9c). Thoughts?
    Forum Member
    Jody and her mini-me daughter Mia... :eek: Seriously, these can not be real people. They're caricatures. I wonder what cartoon they plucked these people out of!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just recognised David, Christina's new squeeze, from one of the episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker. That is embarrassing to admit.