ITV4 Cheers re-runs

CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just watching Cheers on ITV4 - not sure what series it is, but it`s in the Kirstie Alley era. Had forgotten quite how good this was. And how cute she was too.

Comments

• chrisbartleychrisbartley Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your a little bit behind unfortunately - they've recently started re-running the whole thing from 1st episode, got 105 shows recorded so far

One of the few american comedies I like

something for a rainy day ( week or two) !
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah fab show got them all on DVD (R1 from season 5 on). The ones currently on ITV4 are season 6.
  • drillbitdrillbit Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the character of Frasier appeared out of the blue as Diane's boyfriend in yesterday's episode:confused:

i thought his character was gradually introduced into the show?? and then he develops a fondness for Diane
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    drillbit wrote: »
    the character of Frasier appeared out of the blue as Diane's boyfriend in yesterday's episode:confused:

i thought his character was gradually introduced into the show?? and then he develops a fondness for Diane

No, he was introduced as Diane's new boyfriend when she returned to 'Cheers' after spending time in an 'institution' after her traumatic breakup with Sam at the end of the second season. She is supposed to have met and fallen for Frasier between seasons two and three - when he was working as a psychiatrist at the institution she stayed in. Frasier was only ever intended to be a short term character who would be an obstacle to Sam and Diane reuniting throughout the third season, but the character (and actor) proved so popular that they made him a regular and he stuck around long after Diane left the show.

Amazingly, he didn't forgive Diane for what happened in their relationship until the third season of his spinoff, over ten years after the character was introduced to Cheers!
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always had a thing for Lilith. Something very sexy about her. Been told I'm weird many a time for thinking that.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always had a thing for Lilith. Something very sexy about her. Been told I'm weird many a time for thinking that.

I don't see why:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Bf25J1IItz4/TpHbtUJtLCI/AAAAAAAAntw/9AFMk1r2ptY/s400/bebe6.jpg

http://www.masterworksbroadway.com/sites/broadwaymw/files/photos-artist/NEUWIRTH_Bebe_phA_0.jpg

http://www.magweb.com/picts/actor/46700/bebe_neuwirth.jpg

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/20500000/Bebe-as-Lilith-in-Cheers-bebe-neuwirth-20526029-572-855.jpg

It was always amusing on 'Frasier' and 'Cheers' when she let her hair down - everyone from Frasier to Sam and Niles couldn't take their eyes off her.
  • drillbitdrillbit Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    No, he was introduced as Diane's new boyfriend when she returned to 'Cheers' after spending time in an 'institution' after her traumatic breakup with Sam at the end of the second season. She is supposed to have met and fallen for Frasier between seasons two and three - when he was working as a psychiatrist at the institution she stayed in. Frasier was only ever intended to be a short term character who would be an obstacle to Sam and Diane reuniting throughout the third season, but the character (and actor) proved so popular that they made him a regular and he stuck around long after Diane left the show.

yes, but most of that seems to be skipped on the latest rerun on itv 4
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, they are showing all the episodes in order. They are on series three at the moment. Frasier doesn`t become a regular until series four.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never really liked the earlier series, it was with Frasier and then Woody that the show hit its stride.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member

You are right they have skipped a number of episodes for some reason.

The last time that they ran the whole run back-to-back they didn't skip them, so I don't know why they have this time.

This current run began showing the day after the end of the previous one finishing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are right they have skipped a number of episodes for some reason.

The last time that they ran the whole run back-to-back they didn't skip them, so I don't know why they have this time.

They did actually miss episode two of the current series for some reason. All episodes are shown on saturday and sunday mornings on ITV4 though, including the missing ones. Probably better to set the recorder and watch the watch the weekend episodes instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Four new episodes to be shown sunday morning on itv4. Two more on monday and tuesday mornings, Set the recorder as they will skip straight past these episodes when they come back to the 7pm slot on tuesday night.