Options

Is anyone else having issues with Nationwide taking payments twice?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Hiya everyone.

I think there might be something odd going on with Nationwide at the moment - yesterday when the bank up dated, it left me minus £6:38 (I was expecting a balance of £24.27), the statement had updated to show the last few transactions, and the amount that had left my account matched 3 amazon payments and 1 matalan payment.

I had bought the items from matalan and amazon on Friday, and the payments came off for those transactions at the time I made the order, but the payments came off again last night.

I borrowed £30 from my sister today (leaving the balance at 23.62), and I drew out £20 leaving my balance at £3.62 (payday tomorrow thank goodness), I moved over £2 to my mums account earlier this evening of course leaving my balance at £1.62 - I checked my account after 2 (when the system updates) and the balance was mysteriously at £2.62 - another £1 from no where - I refreshed the page again a few minutes later - and now my balance is at £0.62p because the £2 I had moved to my mums bank earlier has appeared on my statement now, and taken it from my balance again :confused:

I am very confused now, I will contact the bank first thing (I should have today) has anyone else had this experience with nationwide?

I hope this thread makes sense, its a bit confusing. :blush: