Options

Tegan and Sara

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
Forum Member
Considering their UK tour is starting tomorrow, I thought I'd give them a mention.

Anyone know/love/heard of them?

If you've never heard of them : www.myspace.com/teganandsara

Comments

• Options
    Barbarella81Barbarella81 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stumbled across them randomly on myspace last year, and really loved their style of music.
    Bought tickets for their last gig they did in London but couldn't get anyone to go with :cry: so didn't end up going.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Tegan and Sara are great! Love their music, sadly didn't get to see them on tour or their instore signing - gutted :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Nice!

I love Tegan and Sara :cool: I've been obsessed with 'The Con' for months, and I still can't get tired of that album, or their other cds :o

I'm going to see them in Manchester on 1st of March. I'm really looking forward to it as I saw them last summer and it was a great night! :)
  • Options
    Jamie181Jamie181 Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I'm going to see them on Friday.:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed Saturday night :cool:

The on stage banter between tegan and sara is very funny, and their interaction with the audience is fun, too. :)
  • Options
    Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    Emy wrote: »
    Considering their UK tour is starting tomorrow, I thought I'd give them a mention.

Missed the whole thing - Pooh
  • Options
    Dandeman2010xDandeman2010x Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scootles wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Saturday night :cool:

The on stage banter between tegan and sara is very funny, and their interaction with the audience is fun, too. :)

Yea- was at the gig too- they really had the crowd properly laughing...Tegan is well funny.

Also- ace music and a great set-list...although thought that "Dark Come Soon" was a strange choice of opener (despite its brilliance!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    I love Tegan and Sarah. Especially the song Where Does The Good Go.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scootles wrote: »
    Nice!

I love Tegan and Sara :cool: I've been obsessed with 'The Con' for months, and I still can't get tired of that album, or their other cds :o

I like Tegan and Sara, but I didn't know about The Con, it's newer than anything I have, so I'm glad you mentioned it.

Re their tour, what's the story with this one: "Sailing Tall Ships From Edinburgh To Dublin for the Rotary Foundation"?

Is that the name of a venue, or would they be performing on a sailing ship? :confused:
  • Options
    Merry HappyMerry Happy Posts: 8,228
    Forum Member
    Only heard one of their songs but I liked it, haven't checked out their myspace yet to hear others which I was going to do a while ago, just forgot!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    didnt know anything about them until I was on vapour records looking for Jonathan Richman gigs which I missed :( and the Con was playing in the background ..hmm interesting me thinks worth a purchase.

Im glad I did because I cannot put this CD off its great. Quick check of the back catalouge some gems of songs but not consistent as The Con, which is is a step up.

It is female indie rock pop (not that that is a bad thing) and anyone with an ear and a small knowledge of songwriting craft will know that it is quality.

Reading reviews from uk sources will have you in disbelief as they are totally dismisive for whatever small minded reasons (female, pop indie, lesbians) do these people actually listen or are they too full of themselves.

As a 36 year old male I will add this happily to my CD collection with my Velvet underground, pixies, alex chilton, teenage fanclub. breeders, white stripes etc.. aka real music not too polished but from the heart anyone who dismises this for whatever reason is a fool.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I own 3 of T&S albums, bought the first in 2003, and must say their last album which I only managed to buy this year is superb. Probably the best album I have bought this year, so far.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I know that this is an old thread.

I've been aware of them for years. They're on the PARAHOY! cruise with Paramore at the moment and apparently their set was very well received by the crowd. I've tried to get into their music but I've never quite managed it.

I'm listening to them on Spotify at the moment. "Drove Me Wild" is good. Any songs in particular that will convert me?

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their album 'Heartthrob' is filled with pop gems - my standouts would be Closer and I'm Not Your Hero

Not too keen on their song for the Lego Movie (Everything Is Awesome!) but you may like it... :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their album 'Heartthrob' is filled with pop gems - my standouts would be Closer and I'm Not Your Hero

Not too keen on their song for the Lego Movie (Everything Is Awesome!) but you may like it... :)

I agree with you about 'Heartthrob', it's so good! My favourite song on the album is 'Drove Me Wild'. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Closer easily being one of the best pop tunes of the last few years.