Options

Ever made a thread that you regretted?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Yeah thats pretty depressing. Sometimes I notice threads reach practically the end of the first page before getting its first reply and then a few hours later its pretty popular and may even be on to a 2nd page of replies.

lol I just replied to that :p

Lol yep just seen :) bet it wont get any other people commenting though. Seems unless something is bad news or controversial your threads dont stand out. Perhaps I should create one about how lighting my own farts caused a house fire just for the lulz :D
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funk You wrote: »
    Lol yep just seen :) bet it wont get any other people commenting though. Seems unless something is bad news or controversial your threads dont stand out. Perhaps I should create one about how lighting my own farts caused a house fire just for the lulz :D

You never know! and it did? gross :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, but I have sometimes been in the process of starting a thread, I am typing up what I want to post, then I stop and think to myself if I really need to post it, so many a potentially great idea from me has never surfaced, because of my over-sensible conscience! :p

Sometimes I take a while to decide whether or not to post something, or whether to reply to a certain thread, I'll decide to post it then later regret it, not because of receiving negative responses but I feel self conscious about what I posted.

I'm badly self conscious, I know.
  • Options
    JackieboJackiebo Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, indeed I have! A thread i created to respond to a (closed) thead about me! I ought to have realised that the creator of the origininal thead deserved to be ignored, but I responded with emotion, rather than thought.

I got a 24hr ban for my thread, and that taught me to realise - NEVER react, ALWAYS treat all other posters on here as tho' they need help to find their find their arse out of their elbows.

Thank- you

p.s. Not saying at all - that the arse bit is that many of the FMs on here talk out of - no! that was not me at all!
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure. I feel so self conscious sometimes :o :rolleyes: I fear I'll end up being ignored or labelled something, if im not already (not that I should care, I know). Thats part of the problem - ugh.

Don't be self conscious Izzy. Who cares if people label you! It's only online forum, nothing to worry about :) Plus your threads always seem well thought out.

With regards to the question, I've probably made threads I shouldn't have. I'm not the regretful type though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't be self conscious Izzy. Who cares if people label you! It's only online forum, nothing to worry about :) Plus your threads always seem well thought out.

With regards to the question, I've probably made threads I shouldn't have. I'm not the regretful type though.

Thanks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Yes, asking for advice on how to kneecap a 15 yr old after he dumped my daughter.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, asking for advice on how to kneecap a 15 yr old after he dumped my daughter.

Hahhhaha. :D. Never regret that!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Hahhhaha. :D. Never regret that!

I don't, dunno why it didn't go down well.. some people are too precious :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.

I feel for you IzzyS.

All I can say is if you get a bad response then it's not right to take it to heart, because it's just a forum and it's just the luck of the draw who responds and who jumps on their bandwagon as well.

However, if you or anyone are feeling emotionally fragile, it is probably not a good idea to post in advice or about anything you feel emotionally involved with.

Friday nights tend to be the worst time for people reacting badly to people who post, I think. I'm not sure why - because they are bored at having nowhere to go out to when it's weekend so they try to stir up some trouble?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dolls wrote: »
    I feel for you IzzyS.

All I can say is if you get a bad response then it's not right to take it to heart, because it's just a forum and it's just the luck of the draw who responds and who jumps on their bandwagon as well.

However, if you or anyone are feeling emotionally fragile, it is probably not a good idea to post in advice or about anything you feel emotionally involved with.

Friday nights tend to be the worst time for people reacting badly to people who post, I think. I'm not sure why - because they are bored at having nowhere to go out to when it's weekend so they try to stir up some trouble?

Well the topic was going to be about how to develop a thicker skin, so, yeah lol.
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the topic was going to be about how to develop a thicker skin, so, yeah lol.

That sounds interesting! From the hater of clichés, I say: 'Go for it!!' :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sounds interesting! From the hater of clichés, I say: 'Go for it!!' :)

If it goes wrong, im blaming all of you :p (lol)
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dolls wrote: »
    I feel for you IzzyS.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with your last paragraph.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it goes wrong, im blaming all of you :p (lol)

It won't. It's already started well.....see? Believe in yourself. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It won't. It's already started well.....see? Believe in yourself. :)

That wasn't the thread, thats another thread. I'm working on the one for the advice forum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That wasn't the thread, thats another thread. I'm working on the one for the advice forum.

Oh.....:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh.....:o

I just posted it now. The one in this forum is something I'd noted about posting a few days ago but also never got around to - I wasn't worried about responses to that so much though, thats not so personal, more of a general question. I think its interesting though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will go and see it. And I hope you are okay.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've probably made a few that I wished I hadn't.