Michelle Collins to leave Corrie

PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,436
Forum Member
✭✭
From The Sun

Unable to post any story due to the paywall, lol.

Comments

• aspijackaspijack Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she would be there for as long as they want her for,I wont miss her but wish her good luck.
  • Owen19Owen19 Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my opinion Corrie is good at the moment but I feel like its already starting to slip, especially with the huge amount of exits. If this is true then that's Stella, Paul, Karl, Tommy, Kevin, Ken, Tina, Gloria, Mandy, Hayley, Sylvia and Brian have recently left or are leaving soon, most of these characters are awful though :p
  • HiMyNameIsHiMyNameIs Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I suppose it's right. Stella loves the pub so if she doesn't have it what's the point in staying? Leanne and Eva can stand on their own two feet.

Coronation Street's having a very bad year (off-screen).
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ownnnn wrote: »
    In my opinion Corrie is good at the moment but I feel like its already starting to slip, especially with the huge amount of exits. If this is true then that's Stella, Paul, Karl, Tommy, Kevin, Ken, Tina, Gloria, Mandy, Hayley, Sylvia and Brian have recently left or are leaving soon.

Depeneding on the outcome of his trial, Michael LeVell could be back filming within weeks.
  • EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HiMyNameIs wrote: »
    Well I suppose it's right. Stella loves the pub so if she doesn't have it what's the point in staying? Leanne and Eva can stand on their own two feet.

Coronation Street's having a very bad year (off-screen).

with Stella and Gloria leaving, I cant see much reason for Eva to stay she will probably leave too then again maybe not she could work on her own if they come up with the right stories for her :)
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree that Corrie is having a bad year - look at the list of who's leaving and, really, who'll be missed? Not counting Ken or Kevin for obvious reasons, Sylvia and Hayley are the only good characters in there. Tina might be a big character but there's nothing special about her. Stella, Gloria, Mandy and Paul were top of my axe list at the start of the year, so I for one am very happy with recent developments.

I would be gutted if Catherine Tyldesley left, though. Eva has more than earned her place in the street without her family around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus there is characters like Todd and Liz returning, and new characters like Khalid starting soon.
  • soupnazisoupnazi Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Article says she'll be on screen until June next year. Suggests bosses tried to keep her blah blah blah. There's an actual quote from Stuart Blackburn wishing her well
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no! How will her beloved back room survive without her?

This is no surprise really though, is it? She seemed to be hinting on Twitter earlier about a possible return to EE. Someone should remind her that Cindy is dead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soupnazi wrote: »
    Article says she'll be on screen until June next year. Suggests bosses tried to keep her blah blah blah. There's an actual quote from Stuart Blackburn wishing her well

Ah so it sounds like it might be official, I wonder if she leaves with Gloria?
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think she only took the job because of her friendship with the last producer.
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She quit because they took her out of the Rovers
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTH? I can't red the whole article, it says I must pay a quid to do so?:mad: Sod that for a game of soldiers, I'll wait until the paper arrives tomorrow and read it for free:D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WTH? I can't red the whole article, it says I must pay a quid to do so?:mad: Sod that for a game of soldiers, I'll wait until the paper arrives tomorrow and read it for free:D.

It'll probably be all over the internet by then anyway, lol
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

You must be paying for the paper itself though?:confused:
  • CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stella's finally leaving? GOOD.

Good riddance to one of the worst ever Rovers landladies to grace the cobbles. Nothing but dull, dull and DULL.

Just a shame she's sticking around for ten more months.

(Having said that... I'm not really loving the idea of Liz being reinstated as landlady.)
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    You must be paying for the paper itself though?:confused:

Nope:D My aunt will buy it and once she's read it I get it from her as she only lives three doors away:D
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardly surprising if the rumours are true and Liz Macdonald is going to end up landlady of the Rovers. Michelle Collins might be a bit miffed if she's being chucked out for Bev Callard!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Michelle Collins is a good actress, but she was totally misused, they forced her upon the audience.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catmittens wrote: »
    Stella's finally leaving? GOOD.

Good riddance to one of the worst ever Rovers landladies to grace the cobbles. Nothing but dull, dull and DULL.

Just a shame she's sticking around for ten more months.

(Having said that... I'm not really loving the idea of Liz being reinstated as landlady.)

stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think:p:D
  • leslie123leslie123 Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is always likely to be a problem when an actor or actress lives in the south of England. Being away from your family, extensive commuting up north can be extremely expensive and tiring. Not everyone wants to up sticks and move their family just for a job where a contract could be terminated or not renewed at anytime. So no wonder that they don't want to stay for too longer period.
  • AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And so ends a sorry tale in the Corrie story.

They must never indulge in stunt casting again. It doesn't work.
    I believe she was axed as was Sue Johnston. They are too well known for that to be said, but it just didnt work.

With Tina also going they need to focus on the Rovers big time and I believe that Eva will make a great barmaid.

So Eva is the only Price person that has reaslly worked...
  • AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aspijack wrote: »
    I thought she would be there for as long as they want her for,I wont miss her but wish her good luck.

She was axed!
  • CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I can say is that I hope Eva stays on - given some decent writing and storylines, I think she'll come into her own very nicely in Weatherfield. They just need to develop the vulnerable side to her character a bit more... she reminds me a bit of the "hard done to" Corrie girls of days gone by.
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think:p:D

;) I stopped myself because I got really stuck into how terrible she actually is... :D

A real shame though, Stella could have been a brilliant character if they'd written her properly - and if they hadn't forced her into every other character's business.
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AuntieSoap wrote: »
    She was axed!

No she hasn't.