Options

Vampire Diaries S5 - Discussion Thread (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,218
    Forum Member
    Jayma wrote: »
    Very true, she had good reason - fingers crossed that college life agrees with her! And having Jeremy back, being in a relationship with Damon, and the threat of Katherine and The Originals being diminished should give her something to smile about

As characters, I prefer Damon, but in a relationship, I think I prefer Stefan to be with Elena. It seems human Elena and Stefan were meant to be together, but for various reasons, vampire Elena thinks she is better suited to Damon. Looking back at S1 and S2 episodes, I really did enjoy the Stefan/Elena relationship, with Damon on the outside. And his friendship with Ric.

Do we know if Alaric is coming back? I thought Matt Davis might be snapped up again when Cult was axed. I think the show really missed his presence last season. For me, the best episodes were when he came back. The second time we saw him, Elena actually smiled - and laughed!

I'm sure I read he's doing a good few eps of csi. Someone I like is definitely doing it as I remember thinking I'll have to watch even though I've not seen it in like 5 years. Can't be bothered to google so possibly this is all crap.
    If it is true though it might mean Rics really really gone.

Googled it and he might be in most of the CSI season so yeah I think Rics gone
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is it back tonight? it's been so long i kind of forgot about it haven't looked at spoilers or anything :o
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    is it back tonight? it's been so long i kind of forgot about it haven't looked at spoilers or anything :o

Yep.:)
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 1 was awesome. That is all.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed 5x01. :)
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    AMAZING episode! Had me gripped all the way through. Early days, but it seems like it's back on top form. Can't wait for next week. And massively shocked at that ending :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep.:)

Thanks, will d/l it later
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't blown away. It was an ok premiere, seemed a bit repetitive tbh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great opening episode. I'm not sure how the spoilers work on this thread so I'll use the spoiler tag for now just in case.
    Katherine out of control is just brilliant.:D Karma at its best. So glad they didn't drag Silas thing out. You can tell PW loves playing him.

Loved how Jeremy figured out it was Silas and omg when did Jeremy get that hench?! :eek::o:D. I'm all for the Jeremy/Damon dynamic.

Shame they killed Megan. The ending was so sad. Bonnie never gets a break does she.
    Matt finally gets a storyline. :eek: Good for him.

I'm glad this show is back. :) Hoping for a better season than the previous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must say I rather enjoyed that, it felt clean, but that might be a combination of the smaller cast, no Originals and a new location.

Thank Elvis no more Klaus and his whiny, yelling tantrums.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    AndreaJx wrote: »
    Great opening episode. I'm not sure how the spoilers work on this thread so I'll use the spoiler tag for now just in case.
    Katherine out of control is just brilliant.:D Karma at its best. So glad they didn't drag Silas thing out. You can tell PW loves playing him.

Loved how Jeremy figured out it was Silas and omg when did Jeremy get that hench?! :eek::o:D. I'm all for the Jeremy/Damon dynamic.

Shame they killed Megan. The ending was so sad. Bonnie never gets a break does she.
    Matt finally gets a storyline. :eek: Good for him.

I'm glad this show is back. :) Hoping for a better season than the previous.

The thread is clearly labelled 'US Pace'. Once it's been aired in the US, we should be free to discuss the episode without spoiler tags, but any future spoilers relating to the programme that haven't aired at US pace should be put in spoiler tags.

That said, there's usually at least one FM per season who wanders into the thread and starts yelling that we haven't put UK Pace spoilers in tags - but that's their look-out! :D

Agree with your points by the way, and Damon had some great one-liners as usual. Nice to see the Silas version of Stefan.
    Must say I rather enjoyed that, it felt clean, but that might be a combination of the smaller cast, no Originals and a new location.

Thank Elvis no more Klaus and his whiny, yelling tantrums.

Yes, it had a fresher feel - like a new start in a way. Much closer to Season 1 or Season 2's standards. I think the break away from the Originals is a good move.

I've opted to keep watching Klaus's whiny yelling tantrums on The Other Programme....it was worth it for the Elijah-fest! :o;):D
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    The thread is clearly labelled 'US Pace'. Once it's been aired in the US, we should be free to discuss the episode without spoiler tags, but any future spoilers relating to the programme that haven't aired at US pace should be put in spoiler tags.

That said, there's usually at least one FM per season who wanders into the thread and starts yelling that we haven't put UK Pace spoilers in tags - but that's their look-out! :D

Agree with your points by the way, and Damon had some great one-liners as usual. Nice to see the Silas version of Stefan.

Yes, it had a fresher feel - like a new start in a way. Much closer to Season 1 or Season 2's standards. I think the break away from the Originals is a good move.

I've opted to keep watching Klaus's whiny yelling tantrums on The Other Programme....it was worth it for the Elijah-fest! :o;):D

Perfect description! :D

I enjoyed the premiere. Intrigued about the Megan mystery, my first suspect for her killer was that guy who was flirting with Caroline, but is that too obvious?

Sad ending, I figured Silas was going to kill Rudy based on spoiler pictures of Bonnie screaming and reading that there would be a death, but it was still an intense scene. I think Silas will be a fantastic villain, and I'm enjoying an evil Paul Wesley. :D

Is it just me who finds Katherine's constant predicaments quite funny? She always shows up trying to be the formidable villain, and always ends up being chased, or in some kind of trouble. And her "I've got blisters!" mid rant made me chuckle. I do love Katherine. I mean, she's an unhinged bitch who, frankly, deserves everything she gets, but she's damn entertaining. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm still trying to figure out why Silas needs Katherine. There was so much mystery in just one episode, Megan, Silas's ulterior motive...a very strong episode. I think it's back to its top form.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out why Silas needs Katherine. There was so much mystery in just one episode, Megan, Silas's ulterior motive...a very strong episode. I think it's back to its top form.

I'm starting to think it's more doppelgänger shenanigans. If Silas' one true love turns out to be another Elena version I'm going to smack my head against the nearest wall.
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to think it's more doppelgänger shenanigans. If Silas' one true love turns out to be another Elena version I'm going to smack my head against the nearest wall.

I'd get ready for a running start at it if I were you :D (Not a spoiler, but dopplegangers are the theme this year so it's a highly likely option - Odds are we'll get a scene with 10 Elena dopplegangers one day)

Nice opening episode with loads of mysteries being set up. Matts weird encounter, the vampire on campus & Silas's plan.

Gotta agree Paul Wesley is loving this, you can see the joy he has playing the villain and good to see Silas has a few key differences from Vampires too.

Most shocking bit, Elena smiled and looked happy more than once in a single episode :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    I'd get ready for a running start at it if I were you :D (Not a spoiler, but dopplegangers are the theme this year so it's a highly likely option - Odds are we'll get a scene with 10 Elena dopplegangers one day)

Nice opening episode with loads of mysteries being set up. Matts weird encounter, the vampire on campus & Silas's plan.

Gotta agree Paul Wesley is loving this, you can see the joy he has playing the villain and good to see Silas has a few key differences from Vampires too.

Most shocking bit, Elena smiled and looked happy more than once in a single episode :eek:

That would mean Tatia (Klaus and Elijah's original lover) wasn't the first Petrova then.

I agree I do prefer Paul playing Silas. :)
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    nats18 wrote: »
    I'm sure I read he's doing a good few eps of csi. Someone I like is definitely doing it as I remember thinking I'll have to watch even though I've not seen it in like 5 years. Can't be bothered to google so possibly this is all crap.
    If it is true though it might mean Rics really really gone.

Googled it and he might be in most of the CSI season so yeah I think Rics gone

Thanks for that info! :) Shame, but he certainly got a good ending in Season 3.
    Perfect description! :D

I enjoyed the premiere. Intrigued about the Megan mystery, my first suspect for her killer was that guy who was flirting with Caroline, but is that too obvious?

Sad ending, I figured Silas was going to kill Rudy based on spoiler pictures of Bonnie screaming and reading that there would be a death, but it was still an intense scene. I think Silas will be a fantastic villain, and I'm enjoying an evil Paul Wesley. :D

Is it just me who finds Katherine's constant predicaments quite funny? She always shows up trying to be the formidable villain, and always ends up being chased, or in some kind of trouble. And her "I've got blisters!" mid rant made me chuckle. I do love Katherine. I mean, she's an unhinged bitch who, frankly, deserves everything she gets, but she's damn entertaining. :D

Oh, I wish I could take credit for that description, but I was merely requoting LightningIguana's description in post 61. :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My only problem with Silas right now (doppelgänger shenanigans aside) is that it feels a bit like a rehash of the Klaus arc, where he was the feared (ultimately whiny) big bad monster at the end of the book.

Will Silas stick around past his sell by date? And how much badder do you go with a replacement if you off him? The wicked witch of the west? Or just another whispered evil to put the willies up baby vampires?

Mind you, it is only episode one, so I'll pull harsher judgement until a week on Thursday;)
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice episode - crisp. The girly stuff was fun, reminded me of Buffy finally going to College, they are all old enough to have left education aren't they, ha.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great episode.
    There is some speculation that Nadia is a relative of Katherine's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta say, human Katherine is a stroke of genius.
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta say, human Katherine is a stroke of genius.

Me too, almost everything she says is hilarious! Best character choice for the cure by far.

Nice to see why it takes longer to awaken after each use of the Gilbert ring too.
  • Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Wesley seems to have a lot of fun playing Silas, he plays evil quite well. The whole Megan storyline is interesting, I have several theories about that
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    when is season 5 on uk tv..i cant find it anywhere
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    when is season 5 on uk tv..i cant find it anywhere

Geektown has it unconfirmed for 29th Oct at 9pm.