emmerdale Moira ....

lolasofielolasofie Posts: 1,184
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Nagative Nag !!! :mad:

Cain has done everything for her bloody gormless son and all he gets is grief ......

I dont know why he stays with her honestly and when she asks last night would Cain kill for her .......erm is she comparing his feelings for his daughter as the same as his feelings for her ....

Debbie is his child .
Moira is his girlfriend .....

If i was Cain i would run far away from Moira and her dumb son ....also having to see Andy at the table every morning at breakfast would drive anyone over the edge !!!

Comments

• SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moira has been very annoying recently. Like you, I am also starting to wonder how/why Cain puts up with her.

And really, there was no good answer to the "Would you kill for me?" question. If he'd said no, she'd be thinking she didn't mean as much to him as Debbie. If he'd said yes, he'd have been treated to another one of her tedious lectures about violence not being the answer. Except, of course, when it's Moira's turn to dish out the violence and then apparently it's perfectly acceptable behaviour that does not warrant an apology of any kind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moira's been a joke ever since she got together with Cain! She's been taken into bizarre territories that just dont sit right with the character!

She act's more like Cain's mother rather than his lover!
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Cain and Moira together, but she's really been a pain lately.

The way she spoke to Chas for unforgivable. Aaron's only in France because he took the wrap for her dopey son when he tried to char-grill Cain.

Everybody seems to run round after Adumb and excuse his child-like behaviour. What he really needs is for someone to sever the apron strings and give him a good kick up the backside.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes she has been annoying recently I'm getting a bit sick of her, get him back with Charity so they can do more jobs :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes she has been annoying recently I'm getting a bit sick of her, get him back with Charity so they can do more jobs :)

So agree with you.
  • 80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes she has been a bit of a pain lately but the woman is under a lot of stress. I think a lot of her behaviour, like her having a go at Chas, can be put down to what she is going through at the moment. Moira was the one person who stood by Chas during the trial and her behaviour towards her was completely out of character.

I think it's quite interesting that at the moment Cain is the one who is trying to keep her calm while she kicks off - normally it is the other way around.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moira's been a joke ever since she got together with Cain! She's been taken into bizarre territories that just dont sit right with the character!

She act's more like Cain's mother rather than his lover!

Agreed.

Although as she has the measure of Princess Debbie, that means that she is not 100% annoying.

Make it around 80%:D
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I normally like Moira, and think her and Cain are a perfect match who go well together, but she's starting to get on my wick a bit. She whips Cain into the mould she wants him to be, housetraining him until he's as meek as a marshmallow, effectively keeping him on a short lead to stop him being him, which he actually does for her, and then she has the gall to start on him for trying to be this new person she created, by getting angry constantly when ever he tries to help her out!:mad: The old Cain would have beaten her so thick he'd set son (who tried to burn him alive) to a bloody pulp for nicking his car and running someone over in it, but this Cain torches his own car for the thick plank, and tried his best to help him, yet Moira is annoyed with him for doing so. Then he helps same thick plank escape going to prison for something he didn't do, but instead of being grateful, she lays into him. If I was Cain I'd wonder why the hell I'd bothered - he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't!:rolleyes::mad:
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I normally like Moira, and think her and Cain are a perfect match who go well together, but she's starting to get on my wick a bit. She whips Cain into the mould she wants him to be, housetraining him until he's as meek as a marshmallow, effectively keeping him on a short lead to stop him being him, which he actually does for her, and then she has the gall to start on him for trying to be this new person she created, by getting angry constantly when ever he tries to help her out!:mad: The old Cain would have beaten her so thick he'd set son (who tried to burn him alive) to a bloody pulp for nicking his car and running someone over in it, but this Cain torches his own car for the thick plank, and tried his best to help him, yet Moira is annoyed with him for doing so. Then he helps same thick plank escape going to prison for something he didn't do, but instead of being grateful, she lays into him. If I was Cain I'd wonder why the hell I'd bothered - he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't!:rolleyes::mad:
    Exactly.

I should state that I actually do like Cain and Moira together too but her constant 'disapproving' scenes are getting old. And Cain takes it all uncharacteristically calmly. He is actually in danger of being under the thumb. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Exactly.

I should state that I actually do like Cain and Moira together too but her constant 'disapproving' scenes are getting old. And Cain takes it all uncharacteristically calmly. He is actually in danger of being under the thumb. :eek:

I agree with this, there have been loads of scenes like this lately. The guy obviously loves her which is why he keeps things from her because he knows she will disapprove. I think she loves him too, she does put up with a lot from him - I know I would put up with my fella not coming home at night, but she knew what he was like beforehand. Yes he's changed but surely she can't expect him to become an angel.

Not sure where the scriptwriters are going with this to be honest but I don't think they intend splitting them up - maybe they are trying to show that they will stick together through thick and thin?

There is obviously a lot of trouble to come once
    Cain comes back from holiday and finds out she has lied to him and put the farm up for sale,
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,447
    Forum Member
    Must admit I also feel as though her character has changed since she got with Cain:(!

I know it'd be a cliche but I'm hoping she shacks up with John's brother when he arrives because Bill Ward is much fitter than Cain IMO and there might be some topless scenes if he gets with Moira;) and I just think Moira and Cain are going round in circles now:yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing to like about Cain and Moira as a couple. She obviously thinks he's beneath her. She often makes snide remarks about "people like you". She's also very domineering and likes to lord it over everybody at the farm. For some reason Moira has very high opinion of herself.

My main reason for disliking the Cain Moira thing, is because I find it very disrespectful towards John. I don't think it did anything for Moira as a character and since John's death the Barton have been solely used to rehabilitate Cain.

Also it seems that many people root for them because Moira makes him a better person. Personally I think he's still the same thug. I just hate this silly female fantasy that thanks to love a woman can turn a bad boy into a docile little lamb.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit I also feel as though her character has changed since she got with Cain!

I know it'd be a cliche but I'm hoping she shacks up with John's brother when he arrives because Bill Ward is much fitter than Cain IMO and there might be some topless scenes if he gets with Moira and I just think Moira and Cain are going round in circles now

First off,

:eek::(:( That would break Cain's heart:cry:

And second,

BIB :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit I also feel as though her character has changed since she got with Cain:(!

I know it'd be a cliche but I'm hoping she shacks up with John's brother when he arrives because Bill Ward is much fitter than Cain IMO and there might be some topless scenes if he gets with Moira;) and I just think Moira and Cain are going round in circles now:yawn:

That made me chuckle :D:D
    Forum Member
    First off,

:eek::(:( That would break Cain's heart:cry:

And second,

BIB :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Do you not think Bill Ward is fit then?? I was well upset when he was killed off in Corrie, and then that bitch Tracy got out just 3 years after murdering him!

(note to self: calm down Michelle,its not real:o!!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you not think Bill Ward is fit then?? I was well upset when he was killed off in Corrie, and then that bitch Tracy got out just 3 years after murdering him!

(note to self: calm down Michelle,its not real:o!!)

Er nope:D But then against Cain, nearly any man would have trouble getting a look in with me:o:D
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,762
    Forum Member
    I think she is stealing and hoarding Debbie and Amy's fake tan :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wouldn't like to see James Barton end up with Moira because it would be too predictable - I hope that TPTB are going to be a bit more creative with him than simply have him as a rival for Moira's affections. I doubt he will be too pleased to find out that Moira is shacked up with Cain and it might be interesting to see him trying to cause friction between the two of them - but I hope he isn't interested in getting into her knickers :yawn:

I don't think Bill Ward is bad looking but he doesn't compare to Jeff Hordley - not in my eyes anyway :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »
    I wouldn't like to see James Barton end up with Moira because it would be too predictable - I hope that TPTB are going to be a bit more creative with him than simply have him as a rival for Moira's affections. I doubt he will be too pleased to find out that Moira is shacked up with Cain and it might be interesting to see him trying to cause friction between the two of them - but I hope he isn't interested in getting into her knickers :yawn:

I don't think Bill Ward is bad looking but he doesn't compare to Jeff Hordley - not in my eyes anyway :)

The last bit - spoken like a true member of the Posse:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last bit - spoken like a true member of the Posse:D:D

:D:D I am biased but I don't care.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

bib: Agreed.

I think Katie will have a go first, when she returns. Or maybe Chas or Berniece.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bib: Agreed.

I think Katie will have a go first, when she returns. Or maybe Chas or Berniece.

I think he will end up with Chas :)
    Forum Member
    I think he will end up with Chas :)

Yep probably right there! Chas will have gone several weeks without a man between her legs by the time James arrives, so she could well be the first to pounce on him:eek:!!
  • lolasofielolasofie Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep probably right there! Chas will have gone several weeks without a man between her legs by the time James arrives, so she could well be the first to pounce on him:eek:!!

There will also be three lovely lads for Chas to attack .....i mean "flirt" with ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Never mind Chas, what about Katie, if she ever returns? No man since she left, she'll be so desperate she'd shag a mop:eek::o