Kids dinner time shows during the 80s

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone remember during the 80s the kids shows that would air on TV on BBC & ITV during a late morning - dinner time?

From memory I can only think of

Pob
See Saw
Bricabrac
You and Me
Allsorts
Chocablock
Rainbow

Can anyone else remember any others? I remember one similar to Allsorts but cant remember what it was.

Comments

• Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    Lets Pretend, I think was on at lunchtime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Pipkins
    Button Moon
    Jamie and the Magic torch

:)
  • Nova21Nova21 Posts: 13,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willow the wisp
  • Nova21Nova21 Posts: 13,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    King Rollo
  • elle77elle77 Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Not sure if they were on at lunchtime but I also remember:

The Sooty Show
    Postman Pat
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Anyone remember 'Puddle Lane'?
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,273
    Forum Member
    Rosie and Jim
  • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cloppa Castle
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Channel 4 showing Sesame Street at lunchtime and Greenclaws and The Poddington Peas on BBC TWO.
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Willo The Wisp being more of a tea time show. In the days before kids TV at teatime we would just get 15 minutes before the news - a slot filled by Willo The Wisp, Ivor the Engine, The Wombles & The Clangers.

Daytime TV late 70's / Early 80's ... Rainbow, Pipkins, Teddy Edward, Mary Mungo & Midge etc.

I think ITV started the first dedicated children's programming at Teatime, With Danger Mouse, Dr Snuggles etc.

BBC stuff with Schofield - the one I remember most was The Mysterious Cities of Gold ... it went on forever and I have no idea if they ever got to their destination

Crikey, I used to watch a lot of TV!
    Forum Member
    Pigeon Street
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember Willo The Wisp being more of a tea time show. In the days before kids TV at teatime we would just get 15 minutes before the news - a slot filled by Willo The Wisp, Ivor the Engine, The Wombles & The Clangers.

Quite right
    Forum Member
    I remember repeats of Willo the Wisp being on BBC2 at lunchtimes in the 80's. l loved it, with Kenneth Williams doing the narrating and all the different voices of the characters :) I also remember The Flumps on as well. I can't remember if Bod was on at lunchtimes or not, but that's another favourite of mine.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    I remember:

Playbox (ITV)
    Tube Mice (ITV)
    Puddle Lane (ITV)
    The Flumps (BBC)
    The Wombles (BBC)
    Pigeon Street (BBC)
    Jimbo and the Jet Set (BBC)
    Bunyip (BBC)
    :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Riddlers was my favourite. Used to be on Thursday lunchtimes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paperplay (ITV)
    Fingerbobs (BBC1)
  • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Daytime TV late 70's / Early 80's ... Rainbow, Pipkins, Teddy Edward, Mary Mungo & Midge etc.

I think ITV started the first dedicated children's programming at Teatime, With Danger Mouse, Dr Snuggles etc.

BBC stuff with Schofield - the one I remember most was The Mysterious Cities of Gold ... it went on forever and I have no idea if they ever got to their destination

Crikey, I used to watch a lot of TV!

Sorry, maybe I am mis-reading what you are saying, but before the BBC started the Schofield broom cupboard stuff, there was always childrens programmes on BBC1, starting with Play School about 3:55pm up until the 5 minute cartoon, such as Will the Wisp, Ivor the Engine, Fred Bassett and others, about 5:30pm.
    Forum Member
    pedrok wrote: »
    Sorry, maybe I am mis-reading what you are saying, but before the BBC started the Schofield broom cupboard stuff, there was always childrens programmes on BBC1, starting with Play School about 3:55pm up until the 5 minute cartoon, such as Will the Wisp, Ivor the Engine, Fred Bassett and others, about 5:30pm.

I'm not sure, but I think maybe they were talking about the 70's. We had a longer amount of kid's tv time in the 80's :)
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Mr Benn
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Paperplay (ITV)
    Fingerbobs (BBC1)

It's Fingermouse for me being (mostly) a child of the 80's :D Fingerbobs is what the older *ahem* members of DS will remember ;):p
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    the childrens channel had jack in the box.
    and roustabout.

sky channel/one dj kat show and the fun factory
  • annielouannielou Posts: 10,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Early 70's was Fingerbobs, Mary Mungo & Midge, Mr Benn (BBC); Pipkins, Rainbow, Rupert the Bear (ITV).

I think it was just a short slot before or after the lunchtime news.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    It's Fingermouse for me being (mostly) a child of the 80's :D Fingerbobs is what the older *ahem* members of DS will remember ;):p

Dangerous ground.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i used to watch Rainbow, Rupert Bear, you and me..Pipkins and button moon, and mr benn :D

here's a list here of some others
    http://www.listal.com/list/1970s-cartoon-series
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good old Pitkins

Hartley the Hare and Topov the Monkey