Options

Karen for Craig

pabirdpabird Posts: 871
Forum Member
✭✭
On tonight's ITT Karen demonstrated just how poor a judge Craig is and why she should take his place, it will not happen as she is too busy away from SCD and the beeb like the waspish comments made deliberately to make Craig a "character"

Why? the required change well lets consider three major issues in having judges:

1) Understanding what they are seeing and the ability to mark accordingly

2) The knowledge to be able to explain to (learning) contestants how to improve the issues he finds fault in

3) The knowledge and experience to be able to explain the technical issues to the viewers

In simple terms he is lacking in experience and practical knowledge in ballroom and Latin to be able to manage items 1-to-3 inclusive

To make any sort of fist in items above surely there is someone from the world of 10 dance who could better serve the learning contestants and the viewers at large

Comments

• Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pabird wrote: »
    On tonight's ITT Karen demonstrated just how poor a judge Craig is and why she should take his place, it will not happen as she is too busy away from SCD and the beeb like the waspish comments made deliberately to make Craig a "character"

Why? the required change well lets consider three major issues in having judges:

1) Understanding what they are seeing and the ability to mark accordingly

2) The knowledge to be able to explain to (learning) contestants how to improve the issues he finds fault in

3) The knowledge and experience to be able to explain the technical issues to the viewers

In simple terms he is lacking in experience and practical knowledge in ballroom and Latin to be able to manage items 1-to-3 inclusive

To make any sort of fist in items above surely there is someone from the world of 10 dance who could better serve the learning contestants and the viewers at large

I think Karen should replace Darcey. She was okay last year but this year her marking was just bizarre...
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen should replace Len. Craig is the best judge on the current panel.
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Craig has been the best judge for many a long year.
    A 10 from him means something.

If they are replacing anyone, it should be Darcey.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets have 2 women on the judging panel .

Craig, Darcey,Karen, Bruno .

I think this would be an excellent panel.
  • Options
    HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member

I totally agree! Len is the most qualified judge for SCD, but he is also the rudest, most inconsistent and least helpful to the celeb dancers.

Bizarre, that! :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Karen should replace Darcey. She was okay last year but this year her marking was just bizarre...

Len's marking has been worse. Though I don't think marking in and of itself is a good reason to boot someone, given the producers' likely hand in any of those issues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Apart from toes and thumbs Craig is best at judging what exactly?

He will tell a male contestant he is "gaping" but no mention of how to overcome the problem?

In effect all of his comments are obviously from a background of dancing solo and side by side

He will say your head is not in the correct position but fail to explain how that commences in shaping with the correct posture from the controlling body contact /hand position and drive

Sorry for boring detail but put simpler Craig lacks knowledge and experience in ballroom and Latin and the world of dance must have a great many better judges with screen personality
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Daft question but was this Karen Hardy or Karen Hauer?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Len and Bruno always seem to give the same mark anyway. Bin one of them, doesn't matter who.
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member

Agreed. Len is well past his sell-by-date. I would also be alright with Bruno going in favour of Ian.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PashaDoble wrote: »
    Daft question but was this Karen Hardy or Karen Hauer?

Karen Hardy, ex SCD pro and professional judge .
  • Options
    HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    pabird wrote: »
    Apart from toes and thumbs Craig is best at judging what exactly?

He will tell a male contestant he is "gaping" but no mention of how to overcome the problem?

In effect all of his comments are obviously from a background of dancing solo and side by side

He will say your head is not in the correct position but fail to explain how that commences in shaping with the correct posture from the controlling body contact /hand position and drive

Sorry for boring detail but put simpler Craig lacks knowledge and experience in ballroom and Latin and the world of dance must have a great many better judges with screen personality

I get what you mean, but surely that's the professional's job to explain and sort it out? The judges only have limited time to give their opinions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HollyC wrote: »
    I get what you mean, but surely that's the professional's job to explain and sort it out? The judges only have limited time to give their opinions.

Holly I was going a little deeper in suggesting Craig lacks the experience and knowledge to be an effective judge or giver of information to couples and viewers

Listen to the likes of Karen and Craig on ITT and you will see where I am going
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    Karen Hardy, ex SCD pro and professional judge .

I though it was but I thought it'd be best to double check. Thank you.

I'd like to see Karen replace Len over Craig in all honesty
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Craig is every bit as "bought and paid for" as are the other three judges. Only two years ago he explained to Alex Jones the fundamental flaw in her Charleston -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eJjE5yHFig

[ Not understanding the dance, and the extreme nature that one has to go to in this dance. If, for instance, you're raising your shoulders it needs to be extreme. The whole dance is about "extreme" ]

Abbey's Charlston never came anywhere close to satisfying the criteria by which Craig judged Alex. But Craig changes his criteria according to the agenda. Ben's non-Salsa was another example.

The real problem is not who is sitting in those judges' chairs - but the fact that the occupants are required to further the agenda of the people who pay their salaries.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Craig is far and away the best judge. I wish someone could replace Len but doubt it will happen. But please NOT Karen Hardy - I find her even more irritating than Bruno and that's saying something!
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig reminds me a bit of Clare Balding.
    Has the ability, on occasions; "to talk bullshit with an air of authority."
  • Options
    differentdrumdifferentdrum Posts: 3,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you get rid of Craig you may as well bring the curtain down on the programme. Although a little over-generous on occasions during this series time and again he will give the most realistic scores and critique. It is clear contestants appreciate a high score from Craig far more than the other judges because he doesn't usually hand them out like confetti.

Appointing Karen would be a disaster. She is lucky to get a few minutes on It Takes Two.
  • Options
    bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think Bruno should goes because some of the marks he has been give are just totally bizzare and and he clowning around is now a bit ott- have Karen and Ian on the Judging panel and replace Bruno, Len or Craig :confused:
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmm, not sure. I like Darcey. I think you need a "good" judge to keep the overall scores balanced in the judging tally.

Len however has been marking ridiculously along with Bruno. I think they spent too much time on DWTS.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suggesting any of the judges should go, would be like getting rid of one of, "The Village People."
    They all have their special place in the "show."
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingoman wrote: »
    I do think Bruno should goes because some of the marks he has been give are just totally bizzare and and he clowning around is now a bit ott- have Karen and Ian on the Judging panel and replace Bruno, Len or Craig :confused:

This seems to be mentioned lots but TBH if this did happen I think the judging panel would not be as great as it is. I think the comments are spot on its just the way the mark that is just frustrating.

Maybe if Len retires we should have an ex-pro join but thats it I would say.
  • Options
    LurchergirlsLurchergirls Posts: 230
    Forum Member

I agree :cool:
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Karen to replace Len.
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Karen was a judge would turn off SCD for good she is too erratic in her judging (from experience) and too erratic in herself to be in front of camera on the panel