Rebecca- medical grounds?

does anyone know why Rebecca cant seem to do so many trials?

Comments

• jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet again exempt... Not sure how/why she is getting paid....To sit in the grass with mates.....
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    out out get her out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    This is getting pretty stupid now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    None of them are doing any trial, it's always Joey :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I hope she is kicked out first. She is pointless.
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why all the hate has anyone stopped to think if she might be allergic to something in the trail or something like that and anyhow it would make no difference to the vote as the people would rather the stupid boy do it all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamski94 wrote: »
    Why all the hate has anyone stopped to think if she might be allergic to something in the trail or something like that and anyhow it would make no difference to the vote as the people would rather the stupid boy do it all

I'm with you. It's not even as if she is the only one not to do them! Only Matthew, Amy and Joey have been selected! Give the girl a break. Plenty of time for her.
  • champers9147champers9147 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    adamski94 wrote: »

I've read that she suffers from Claustrophobia!
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    Yet again exempt... Not sure how/why she is getting paid....To sit in the grass with mates.....

80k to sit in her ass all day.:mad:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/im-celebrity-2013-celebrities-worst-2801112
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not quite sure.
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure.

Report are she suffers from claustrophobia and Asthma.
  • annie.90annie.90 Posts: 193
    Forum Member

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/asthma-rules-rebecca-adlington-out-402954

She has asthma and it has caused her to miss swimming events in the past
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does loads of work around the Camp but that does not seem to matter or perhaps people have missed that.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    She does loads of work around the Camp but that does not seem to matter or perhaps people have missed that.

The point of her being there is not to carry wood for the fire or wash the dishes. Its to be a celebrity contestant in a show where the public get to vote which one they want to do a trial on a nightly basis. If she is ruled out of participating in the very premise of the show, why accept her to take part.
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member

because doing that is so entertaining for us :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member

Yes, doing the chores and generally being a nice caring person with a great sense of fun is not entertaining enough for the Great British Thick.

She did not volunteer for this, she got asked to do it and accepted the fee offered so why has she suddenly got to "perform" to a vacuous formula?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    The point of her being there is not to carry wood for the fire or wash the dishes. Its to be a celebrity contestant in a show where the public get to vote which one they want to do a trial on a nightly basis. If she is ruled out of participating in the very premise of the show, why accept her to take part.

There are people every year that are banned from doing a number of trials perhaps that is why she wants to more work around the camp because she cant do all the trials and feels guily.
  • hibbychubbshibbychubbs Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    conchie wrote: »

ask the producers & researchers they picked her its not her fault to be ruled out on medical grounds .they know the medical conditions of all the z-lebs they also know all the trials (unlike us public and the z-lebs) so they will have known in advance which ones each of them can't do.... there was never any chance of her being picked anyway
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cellomad wrote: »
    Yes, doing the chores and generally being a nice caring person with a great sense of fun is not entertaining enough for the Great British Thick.

She did not volunteer for this, she got asked to do it and accepted the fee offered so why has she suddenly got to "perform" to a vacuous formula?

Exactly never let the facts get in the way of a chance to have a dig
    Forum Member
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    because doing that is so entertaining for us :confused:

and watching joey do the trials every night is entertaining :yawn:
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    ask the producers & researchers they picked her its not her fault to be ruled out on medical grounds .they know the medical conditions of all the z-lebs they also know all the trials (unlike us public and the z-lebs) so they will have known in advance which ones each of them can't do.... there was never any chance of her being picked anyway
    But if they wanted her that badly - why don't they give her some air time. Lets see more of the chatting and banter with the other campmates. It seems like they invited her for her name only. I don't dislike Rebecca and she certainly couldn't do some of those tasks if she is asthmatic - but I do wonder why she was invited.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    There are people every year that are banned from doing a number of trials perhaps that is why she wants to more work around the camp because she cant do all the trials and feels guily.

Burdening a bit of extra work is understandable but she shouldn't sit there bossing the others about. If they're washing up or lighting a fire then let them get on with it without nitpicking at them. I'd tell her to keep that out of it.
    Forum Member
    But if they wanted her that badly - why don't they give her some air time. Lets see more of the chatting and banter with the other campmates. It seems like they invited her for her name only. I don't dislike Rebecca and she certainly couldn't do some of those tasks if she is asthmatic - but I do wonder why she was invited.

i agree with your point but theres a lot on here blaming her for the absence from the trials, Biggins was exempt from a load of trials when he was on it .. for a change theres only one person in the camp i dislike a lot but while its the joey show it hardly matters if she or anyone else is exempt
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What about if maybe the jungle conditions - hot, humid, dusty, insecty - have caused her to have breathing problems and have resulted in the camp doc being extra vigilant or something? We don't see a fraction of what goes on in there so who knows?