David Emmanuel absolutely charming man

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Normally I am a big critic of the older campmates who tend to just sit there and take the money.

However he has been willing to get involved say his piece quietly and people listen.

He is also willing to stick his hand up for trials as well and make a good effort at them

He is very fair and just doesn't stick up for the older people

Comments

• ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did like how, when everyone was saying Amy was told to hand it in, he piped up and said it was 'suggested'. Splitting hairs, perhaps, but at least he has the backbone to defend her against the group. He could see what they were implying, and he wasn't afraid to say his piece.

I really hope David wins this but, alas, I doubt it :(.
  • hannah_337hannah_337 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been pleasantly surprised by David. He seems wonderful.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Matthew's declaration of love :D for him tonight as well, saying the reality of him was so far removed from the largely negative preconceptions he had of him prior to meeting him.

David's my King of the Jungle regardless who wins.
  • Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    I did like how, when everyone was saying Amy was told to hand it in, he piped up and said it was 'suggested'. Splitting hairs, perhaps, but at least he has the backbone to defend her against the group. He could see what they were implying, and he wasn't afraid to say his piece.

I really hope David wins this but, alas, I doubt it :(.

He only said it was 'suggested' so as they didnt come across as aggresive or bullying, as opposed to had Amy had been 'told'. It was actually him & Alfonso who spoke to Amy about it, so he was sticking up for himself and Alfonso, not Amy in this instance.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Agreed he's a top guy. I'm sure it's bad form to quote my own post from the other David thread I saw but I'd just be saying the same here anyway so forgive me!

'David just went up yet again in my estimation when he corrected Lucy telling everyone that Amy was TOLD to hand in the concealer and informed her it was SUGGESTED. There's a pretty big difference in the inference of each word. He's a perceptive and sage man.

A minor difference some will no doubt say but again pretty interesting choice of words from Lucy.'
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He does seem like a sweet man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    David, just a wonderful man..!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    David is a thoroughly decent man - that is not enough to win unfortunately!

:cry:
  • JambobJambob Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah he has been a pleasant surprise. I'm sure it reflects badly on me, but I have to admit I assumed he would be a useless diva when he went in.

He seems very down to earth and warm, and get's stuck in with everything with no complaints. Would be happy for him to win but realistically the best he can hope for is third behind Kian and Joey.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David is from a large family in my local town. My brother knows his family and say they are really nice people. I think he is one of 12 kids so used to having a lot going on around him.
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I loved Matthew's declaration of love :D for him tonight as well, saying the reality of him was so far removed from the largely negative preconceptions he had of him prior to meeting him.

David's my King of the Jungle regardless who wins.

Mine too :)
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love David, my final three would be Vincent, David and Kian.
  • kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    David is from a large family in my local town. My brother knows his family and say they are really nice people. I think he is one of 12 kids so used to having a lot going on around him.

That's interesting and would explain a lot of his perceptive and mediation skills. He comes across very astute and seems a calming force to his fellow camp mates.

I think they all have a great level of respect for him as he's not unnecessarily abrasive or cutting, but can nevertheless get his point across.

I wouldn't mind him winning at all. He's my favourite along with Steve (who has been barely shown on the main show but very entertaining in the clips on ITV2).
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love David hes a softly spoken gentleman and he is very keen to get stuck in.
  • sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here here Sarahj1986, totally agree
  • KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David is my favorite by a country mile.
  • sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    Ah David.

You just can't hide true niceness.
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    I love David, my final three would be Vincent, David and Kian.

Mine too :)
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    He spotted the fake bullying theme, knew how the teens would react to it and started sucking up to the right person. He's shrewd.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Normally I am a big critic of the older campmates who tend to just sit there and take the money.

However he has been willing to get involved say his piece quietly and people listen.

He is also willing to stick his hand up for trials as well and make a good effort at them

He is very fair and just doesn't stick up for the older people

He's come across extremely well on this show hasn't he - the complete opposite to Matthew and Lucy who's careers are going down the pan with every day they both spend in the jungle .
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All of the campers were nice last year, David only stands out because this year's lot are the nastiest, snidiest mob that the show has ever had.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see David, Kian and Vincente in the last three in the jungle. All of them real gentlemen.

David, by far, is my favourite person in camp. He is very intelligent and astute, articulate, gentle, kind, and I want him to win this !! :love:
  • washboardwashboard Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David has topped the poll in our family too.

In fact, if DD says 'We love David!' one more time, I suspect she'll start making banners :D
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David really does come over as a genteel man, a pacifier, calm, friendly and totally different to initial perceptions of him. I'd be perfectly happy to see him or Kian win.
  • lovetrashtvlovetrashtv Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    My 13 year old daughter had never heard of David but from quite early on he has been her favourite!