Options

GRIMM Season 3 UK Pace

Comments

• Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot to mention Rosalee and Monroe's choice of cars, just superb:) what with Monroe's classic Beetle and now Rosalee with a chic retro Fiat 500
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Forgot to mention Rosalee and Monroe's choice of cars, just superb:) what with Monroe's classic Beetle and now Rosalee with a chic retro Fiat 500
    Amazed Monroe got in it - all 6'2" of him.;-)
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Why would a Manticore allow himself to be caught, arrested, and taken into custody?
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I am concerned Monroe and Rosalee and the real stars of Grimm. As for Adalind, we whizz through her bits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I am concerned Monroe and Rosalee and the real stars of Grimm. As for Adalind, we whizz through her bits.

I meant are the real stars---
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Loved this week's episode. Quite apart from the killer on the loose it was the other stuff that really appealed. Particularly, the proposal - that was lovely - and the parents' visit was great drama :o

The Adalind situation is getting pretty interesting too - the shots of the baby trying to get out was pretty creepy .
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the way the makers of the show add things in like that part right at the very end. Made me chuckle
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,774
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else notice that it was Dee Wallace (Elliot's mum in E.T.) playing Monroe's mother?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    She was also the lead in The Howling, so it's quite apt her playing a Blutbad :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Had to be in the Cuckoo Clock...:cool:

Great episode - but the Parents.:D

And the Guy with the Scalp Coat.:o

Plus Adalind ...:o - and Juliette in contact with Nick's Mum.:o

This episode, had it all...even Rosalee's Panties.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic episode especially all the Monroe/Rosalee stuff. I was just thinking, if the parents are so against Monroe seeing a Fuchsbau wait till they see he's friends with a Grimm then Nick turned up - what an ending, can't wait till next week.

I didn't know it was a 2-parter which made the ending all the more dramatic and of course they still have the serial scalper to track down. Also looks like Adalind could have the baby next week.

As wuffles mentioned it was good to see Dee Wallace as Monroe's mum, I always think of her as Elliot's mother in ET.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So it didn't end in tears, with Monroe's Parents, Nick and [Rosalee sniffing], but it was a close thing. "I really didn't want to hit you"

Mega fight to stop the cop-killing scalper's too - 3 of them.:o:o:o

And Adalind: was that the Baby, with the Pen in the Eye trick.:confused:
    In the Hut - PUSH!

Loved the Dinner scene at the end.:cool:
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice that it was Dee Wallace (Elliot's mum in E.T.) playing Monroe's mother?

I dare say she was chosen for the role because of her appearance in werewolf film The Howling
  • Options
    EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »

Lol. The ultimate in uncomfortable family dinners ... I'll never complain again.
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »

Actually I thought it was contrived, slow and had very poor timing. It smacked of self-indulgence by the special effects department. The sequence should have been edited faster, The delayed reactions of all of them was amateurish and ended up looking ridiculous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually I thought it was contrived, slow and had very poor timing. It smacked of self-indulgence by the special effects department. The sequence should have been edited faster, The delayed reactions of all of them was amateurish and ended up looking ridiculous.

Funny how people see things differently, I thought it was brilliant and highlighted the awkwardness of the situation, with Nick getting tore in to his steak, Rosalee giving Monroe's parents the evils, Juliette trying to make polite conversation and Monroe wishing the ground would swallow him up :D

I had a feeling Monroe's dad would help out in the hunt for the serial scalpers and for the moment there seems to be an uneasy truce between Monroe's parents and Nick leaving lots of potential for further confrontations especially if Nick's mother is thrown in to the mix.
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny how people see things differently, I thought it was brilliant and highlighted the awkwardness of the situation, with Nick getting tore in to his steak, Rosalee giving Monroe's parents the evils, Juliette trying to make polite conversation and Monroe wishing the ground would swallow him up :D

It just all seemed so contrived and clichéd. The old mix-race relationship thing was just cringeworthy. The parents are not the best of actors, which didn't help and it was just reminiscent of an old eighties teen soap opera, where the young-uns are trying to battle their parents over old-fashioned stereotypes and prejudices. Whilst I agree, in the fantasy world of Wesen, these things are probably important, but it wasn't portrayed with anything new.
    I had a feeling Monroe's dad would help out in the hunt for the serial scalpers and for the moment there seems to be an uneasy truce between Monroe's parents and Nick leaving lots of potential for further confrontations especially if Nick's mother is thrown in to the mix.

I thought he would as well, but I wasn't expecting there be a third Widersheer. I think Mrs Burkhardt had at least come to terms with Nick's relationship with Monroe, but I think there maybe a spark or two if Monroes parents and she were to meat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he would as well, but I wasn't expecting there be a third Widersheer. I think Mrs Burkhardt had at least come to terms with Nick's relationship with Monroe, but I think there maybe a spark or two if Monroes parents and she were to meat.

Presumably over a nice meaty dinner. Anyhow, I enjoyed it, contrived though parts of it were.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I must have missed all that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was good to see Sgt Wu as the main character in the Aswang story.

First of all we found out his name is Drew :D Drew Wu :D

Of course now Nick and Hank don't know whether to let Wu in on the whole Wesen thing or just humour him and make him think he was seeing things, being interesting to see how they progress this. Must admit I jumped when Wu was having his dream and the Aswang burst through his window :o

That baby's eyes >:( can see she is going to be trouble.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was good to see Sgt Wu as the main character in the Aswang story.

First of all we found out his name is Drew :D Drew Wu :D

Of course now Nick and Hank don't know whether to let Wu in on the whole Wesen thing or just humour him and make him think he was seeing things, being interesting to see how they progress this. Must admit I jumped when Wu was having his dream and the Aswang burst through his window :o

That baby's eyes >:( can see she is going to be trouble.
    Thought it was a sad one for Wu - methinks it's going to take sometime to recover {me too with that Tongue on the Aswang:o}....I'm sure they gave him a drug before, when he saw things Nick sees, that made him forget - just telling him the truth this time, may not be enough.:(

Rosalee & Monroe lite episode this week too.:(

And I'm sure the Baby was up to no good last week, in the Hotel room, when the heavy's arrived - protecting Mum then - the Hair trick this week, was a bit spooky, simple.....but effective.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So they're just going to let Wu believe he was seeing things (for the time being, at least :))

The Beati Paoli story was imaginative, a sort of Mafia justice for Wesen. Monroe's facial expressions were brilliant as he thought about his ancestors being treated like gods in the same way as film or rock stars.

I was disappointed we didn't see the wedding planner, I wonder if he/she will be wesen?

And the baby story continues to intrigue, what's the score? is there some sort of 'twin' or alter ego?

Also meant to say that I thought I recognised the female professor at the Lab, then realised she was in Mad Men (as Betty's neighbour).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So they're just going to let Wu believe he was seeing things (for the time being, at least :))

The Beati Paoli story was imaginative, a sort of Mafia justice for Wesen. Monroe's facial expressions were brilliant as he thought about his ancestors being treated like gods in the same way as film or rock stars.

I was disappointed we didn't see the wedding planner, I wonder if he/she will be wesen?

And the baby story continues to intrigue, what's the score? is there some sort of 'twin' or alter ego?

Also meant to say that I thought I recognised the female professor at the Lab, then realised she was in Mad Men (as Betty's neighbour).
    He'll never be the same.:(

Good one with the Mummy and the Baby trouble, there must be a twin, or something.

Great to see more of the Council too.

And Yes - who is the Wedding Planner.

I do like it when Rosalee, turns in to her real self.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Carnival story was a good way of getting Monroe and Rosalee involved in the detective work and helping Max get help for his 'umkippen'.

Lucky Monroe also got the benefit of Rosalee wanting to do a bit of role playing in the sexy outfit :)

Felt sorry for Sebastian but at least he helped Adalind and the baby escape, also taking out 3 of the Royals as well before being shot.

Edit - also meant to say I loved the song the two girls played when they got Max back to their house, Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon. I got one of his CD's the other week and I've been listening to it lots including that song, his best known one.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the ringmaster Blutbad was the one doing the killings but he was fitting up Max?