Options

GRIMM Season 3 UK Pace

Comments

• Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    So the ringmaster Blutbad was the one doing the killings but he was fitting up Max?

Well yeah. He does outright say that... I'm pretty sure he wasn't a Blutbad either; some sort of cat Wesen.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well yeah. He does outright say that... I'm pretty sure he wasn't a Blutbad either; some sort of cat Wesen.

Just checked the Grimm wiki and Hedig was actually a Lowen
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    The Carnival story was a good way of getting Monroe and Rosalee involved in the detective work and helping Max get help for his 'umkippen'.

Lucky Monroe also got the benefit of Rosalee wanting to do a bit of role playing in the sexy outfit :)

Felt sorry for Sebastian but at least he helped Adalind and the baby escape, also taking out 3 of the Royals as well before being shot.

Edit - also meant to say I loved the song the two girls played when they got Max back to their house, Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon. I got one of his CD's the other week and I've been listening to it lots including that song, his best known one.
    I was wondering if Rosalee was going to keep it.;-)

Great episode with the Carnival - and Adalind's plot heating up nicely.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Epic episode this week - with the return of Nicks Mum...helping Adalind! - OMG!
    The scene when Nick saw who it was.:o

Plus the wedding plans: Nick has to wear sunglasses....:cool:
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Epic episode this week - with the return of Nicks Mum...helping Adalind! - OMG!
    The scene when Nick saw who it was.:o
    Plus the wedding plans: Nick has to wear sunglasses....:cool:

I thought it was the most boring episode of Grimm I have ever seen. I am so not interested in Adalind and her carrying a bundle of blankets about while they pretend it's a baby. Why can't they use one of those life like made ones for these scenes?

As for the Royal Family story line
    there are no words to describe how much crap I think this is

I'd give up on this completely if it weren't for Rosalie and Monroe. Her wedding dress was gorgeous.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I thought it was the most boring episode of Grimm I have ever seen. I am so not interested in Adalind and her carrying a bundle of blankets about while they pretend it's a baby. Why can't they use one of those life like made ones for these scenes?

As for the Royal Family story line
    there are no words to describe how much crap I think this is

I'd give up on this completely if it weren't for Rosalie and Monroe. Her wedding dress was gorgeous.

I thought it was great. I loved it when Adalind came face to face with Nick. Everyone's reactions were priceless :D

It's nice we're getting some arc now, instead of just monster of the week.

The show is one of the ones I look forward to the most these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I thought it was great. I loved it when Adalind came face to face with Nick. Everyone's reactions were priceless :D

I don't like the arc. I liked the monster of the week.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I guess that explains it then :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member

That scene was hilarious.

I like the way they build up to it. You're expecting it to happen and it's still funny. Same as when Nick met Monroe's parents.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like both - an 'arc' with a Monster every week....sometimes it's all Monster, no 'arc', lots of 'arc' with a little Monster - or all 'arc'....mix it up.:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I like both - an 'arc' with a Monster every week....sometimes it's all Monster, no 'arc', lots of 'arc' with a little Monster - or all 'arc'....mix it up.:cool:

Yes I like both too. I think Grimm has achieved a good balance with the long arc and the monster of the week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So Nick's Mum takes the Baby, which is already a hand fall. :o
    Adalind getting angry was fun, outside the police Station...can she never know, or will she find out.

And Rosalee & Monroe getting interrupted, was also fun..."Hi Nick"
    "There's more!"

Hank - "it's not yours":D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not sure how I feel about that, actually. Kidnapping a baby from its mother is a bit hard for me to reconcile as a "for the best" kind of thing.

Even if it is for the best, they really don't have the right to make that decision for her :(
  • Options
    julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how I feel about that, actually. Kidnapping a baby from its mother is a bit hard for me to reconcile as a "for the best" kind of thing.

Even if it is for the best, they really don't have the right to make that decision for her :(

I agree I didn't like that storyline especially when Nick's mum was trying to prepare her by saying you have to be ready to give things up in your life. It was too close to home for me to be honest. I just welled up at the end seeing Adalind when she realised her baby had been taken.

Funny bit was when Monroe asked the rest did you like my German and Hank said "Was that German". Also when Nick asked if the baby and Adalind could stay for a while and then Nick, Sean and his mum all poured in. The expression on Monroe's face was priceless.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I disagree. The baby was too important to fall into the wrong hands and would have been taken anyway. Also lets not forget that Adalind is basically evil, if you had the chance to take a future Hitler away from it's mother would you do it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bobcar wrote: »
    I disagree. The baby was too important to fall into the wrong hands and would have been taken anyway. Also lets not forget that Adalind is basically evil, if you had the chance to take a future Hitler away from it's mother would you do it?

It seems to me that Adalind hasn't been evil for quite a while and, unlike the Hitler scenario, we don't know what the future will bring for the child. Perhaps, being ripped from his mother would be precisely the thing that would turn him Evil. I could certainly see it sending Adalind over the edge.

Plus, I wouldn't say that Nick's mother is a particularly good role-model either. She's a killer and seems to be a more traditional Grimm in that she doesn't seem to be very discriminating about which Wesen she kills.

Surely they could have just figured out a way to get Adalind and the kid into some kind of witness protection sort of thing where nobody will find them?

I just think wrong is wrong. The moment you start doing wrong for the greater good then you're on really shaky ground. I understand it but I don't condone it and I'm a little surprised they all went along with it so easily.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems to me that Adalind hasn't been evil for quite a while and,

I've seen no real evidence for that. Sure she loves her baby but that means nothing in this context.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the last episode up to the first break and then gave up. Thinking of giving up on this entirely. It's not what it was when it started when I liked it a lot. It's got bogged down with Adalind and baby and all this Royal stuff. I like Monroe etc but the present story arc bores me.

Have now read spoilers for the end of the season and am definitely not watching any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member

This is all fantasy nonsense - social services were never in the mix - and have you seen the Baby's tricks....Nick's Mum is the best option.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is all fantasy nonsense - social services were never in the mix - and have you seen the Baby's tricks....Nick's Mum is the best option.:cool:

It's fantasy and it's fiction but it's not supposed to be nonsense. The intention of any show is for the events to engage the viewer into caring about what is going on. The excuse that fantasy fiction is all nonsense does not fly with me and never has.

I do not believe that Nick's mother is a suitable mother for any child and certainly not more suitable than her actual mother. At the very least they should have involved Adalind in the decision. They had no right to make it for her.

I wasn't intending to make a big thing out of this. I'm quite happy to just raise my eyebrows at it and carry on enjoying the show as before but I, personally, see it as out of character for quite a few of those involved.
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the problem is; they gave up the baby way too easy. They assume its best in Nick's mum's hands, out of the way of resistance and royals...but none of them really know her, not even Nick. They're just going by assuming what she says is true. To be truthful, it looked like the baby only needed the basics in being taken care of (mother care) as the dispatching evil bad guys seems like the baby is quite capable of, as it clearly has some threat detector/response thing going on. Which I guess is why the baby likes Nick's mom, this is the viewers hint at "the baby is safe with her" in the end scene, but the show's characters don't know that. I get the sitting still and having a home would be a stationary threat, but I see no reason why Adalind couldn't have gone with Nick's mom. A Grimm, a Hexenbeist and a super magic baby. MUCH. BETTER. ODDS.

^The reason it seems odd, and out of characters and plot is because it is. The baby had to go, but Clair Coffee needed to stay because she's now a main character. Thus resulting in this outcome, conditions past the fourth wall needing to be met.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but I see no reason why Adalind couldn't have gone with Nick's mom. A Grimm, a Hexenbeist and a super magic baby. MUCH. BETTER. ODDS.

Because the Royals will be looking for the baby and if Adalind went with it then all they have to do is find her. They now don't know who has the baby.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bobcar wrote: »
    Because the Royals will be looking for the baby and if Adalind went with it then all they have to do is find her. They now don't know who has the baby.

I find it hard to believe that the Royals have the kind of network than can pick up Adalind wherever she goes. If they had, a baby with purple eyes who levitates things should be no harder to find than Adalind!
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The introduction of another Grimm has certainly added a new dynamic and it looks as if Nick is going to have to take her under his wing and curtail her natural instincts.

Meanwhile Monroe is getting more and more flustered what with Adalind, the Hexen-bitch, determined to find out where her baby is and now the new Grimm, Trubel, to contend with.

Think there are only 3 more episodes to go and I expect we'll finish with Rosalee and Monroe's wedding where anything could happen :o
  • Options
    julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think that her and Nick are related in some way both of them being a Grimm.
    Is that the end of Nick's mum or will she turn up again unexpected.

Loved when Adalind rang to speak to the prince and he referred to her as the Hexen bitch. Loved the scene when Sean's father arrived. I don't think we ever saw him before and the prince referred to him as uncle and he to the prince as nephew.
    Bit strange

Loved Monroe's face when Nick asked him to keep Adalind with him until he found out what to do with her.

I too think the season finale will finish with Monroe and Rosalee's wedding.
    Can we expect fireworks - can't wait