Options

schizoaffective disorder

phantom sneezephantom sneeze Posts: 1,064
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have just recently found out unintentionally I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder after getting my GPs notes from the doctor, I was quite shocked that they would withhold such information from me. I'm currently fighting to get my appointeeship annulled, would this go against me with regards to lacking capacity around financial dealings,

I handed my financial assists over to social services through an Appointeeship while being treated in hospital for Bipolar three years ago and am now being scrutinised and undermined by what I want to purchase.

Comments

• Options
    Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just recently found out unintentionally I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder after getting my GPs notes from the doctor, I was quite shocked that they would withhold such information from me. I'm currently fighting to get my appointeeship annulled, would this go against me with regards to lacking capacity around financial dealings,

I handed my financial assists over to social services through an Appointeeship while being treated in hospital for Bipolar three years ago and am now being scrutinised and undermined by what I want to purchase.

I have not relevant experience to be able to help you specifically with your question. All I can say it that I know from something I read way back there are organisations/charities that provide advocacy services. Essentially advocacy means offering support either in terms of advice or through allocating an individual from a network of volunteers, either way the aim is that the voice of the person needing help can be heard by the various government agencies they are trying to deal with. I have googled this tonight and i think the following are links to organisations that offer advocacy for mental health issues. I think there are a lot more who offer support at a local level but I don't know where you live - google Advocacy and your county and you may find more local help too.

Good luck! Hope you get the right help to sort your issue out in the way you want.

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/guides-to-support-and-services/advocacy-in-mental-health/#.UyovVcsgGSM

http://www.rethink.org/about-us/commissioning-us/advocacy
  • Options
    phantom sneezephantom sneeze Posts: 1,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I just bump this, thank you!