The Grumpy Old Women Thread... (Part 18)

Comments

• jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    It may be damp, drizzly and foggy here in the UK, but it usually means it is warmer.
  • batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    Morning batgirl. Do you like Marmite, as that goes very well on toast.

Definitely - tea and Marmite toast = heaven.

handy - that sounds like good news! :) And I love the word manky, especially when applied to the weather. :D

The clocks changing thing always confuses me...
  • AmicaAmica Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fed up of the mizzle too!

Glad to hear things are looking up for your sil , Handy

Been having trouble here with poorly son, worries at oh work and my boss and I having a row - me ending up in tears and then sending a snotty letter yesterday - still no reply.

Am seriously considering more happy pills - living with poorly people and un helpful bosses is stressful. The wee one is to have yet another op and I am hoping there won't be complications this time.And I'm always moaning at the moment.

Still, some friends of mine promised me cake soon..........................................
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,010
    Forum Member
    greetings all....
  • AmicaAmica Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heLoo sNowY
  • ImaPlumImaPlum Posts: 6,072
    Forum Member
    Amica wrote: »
    I'm fed up of the mizzle too!

Glad to hear things are looking up for your sil , Handy

Been having trouble here with poorly son, worries at oh work and my boss and I having a row - me ending up in tears and then sending a snotty letter yesterday - still no reply.

Am seriously considering more happy pills - living with poorly people and un helpful bosses is stressful. The wee one is to have yet another op and I am hoping there won't be complications this time.And I'm always moaning at the moment.

Still, some friends of mine promised me cake soon..........................................

Sorry to read that life is being a tad moanilicious for you at the moment. It's tough when you're getting stress at both home and work as it's pretty much got life covered then! However, you are quite right that cake is the antidote and has rescued me countless times! Life is grand when you have a nice mug of tea, good company and a slice of your favourite cake ... or a whole one, whatever, I'm not judgmental :p:D

Life here is pootling along. Power bill came yesterday and I have to negotiate how much to pay, if it's anything like last time it will be backwards negotiation as my friend thinks I should pay less, I think I should pay more. Have to get it right though as I know what it's like to be taken advantage of by rodger-the-lodger as that happened to me before at the other house, you don't say anything just feel a tad used. I'm as subtle as a sledgehammer these days and she's quite laid back so hopefully we;ll sort it so we're both happy..... or as happy as you can be paying a power bill :D

Right I hear the sound of happiness which isn't quite right when getting ready for school - I'm off to spread some misery :D
    Forum Member
    Good morning everybody.

It got a bit heated yesterday with me in a couple of threads.

In other news, I've got a tenant of mine to deal with my garden.

It's literally a hack job, as the weeds are reaching for the sky.
  • SadpersonSadperson Posts: 12,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning :p

Ha - jra, I am thinking of taking the hedge trimmer to my dad's lawn, so I think I feel your tenant's pain :D You might be quite close by as there's an amazon local to me too - hmmmm - perhaps I should borrow your tenant :D

Plumster - hugs, basically :)

Amica - we need Betty's scones, don't we..... :o

HM - keeping the vibes coming.....

((((((((((((((((Grumpers)))))))))))))))))))) Just because. :eek: :D
    Forum Member
    Sadperson wrote: »
    Morning :p

Ha - jra, I am thinking of taking the hedge trimmer to my dad's lawn, so I think I feel your tenant's pain :D You might be quite close by as there's an amazon local to me too - hmmmm - perhaps I should borrow your tenant :D

Plumster - hugs, basically :)

Amica - we need Betty's scones, don't we..... :o

HM - keeping the vibes coming.....

((((((((((((((((Grumpers)))))))))))))))))))) Just because. :eek: :D

Hi there.

The Amazon distribution (fulfillment) centre I'm talking about is based here.

Marston Gate.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Locations-Careers/b?ie=UTF8&node=203040011
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    I must be stressed out. I've just enjoyed pairing up my socks and sorting me boxers by brand name. :o
    Forum Member
    KJ44 wrote: »
    I must be stressed out. I've just enjoyed pairing up my socks and sorting me boxers by brand name. :o

Spooky. I'm very stressed and I paired up some of Batman's socks tonight.

I then got a bit irritated and I'm now having a PG.
    Forum Member

Your name is Arnold Rimmer and I claim my five pounds.

:)
  • SadpersonSadperson Posts: 12,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi there.

The Amazon distribution (fulfillment) centre I'm talking about is based here.

Marston Gate.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Locations-Careers/b?ie=UTF8&node=203040011

:eek: That's 21 miles from my front door. *waves*

You'll be rearranging the letters in OCD next :p
    batgirl wrote: »
    Spooky. I'm very stressed and I paired up some of Batman's socks tonight.

I then got a bit irritated and I'm now having a PG.

I've been eating :o
    Your name is Arnold Rimmer and I claim my five pounds.

:)

Having met our KJ I'd just like to categorically state he is not a hologram :p
    Forum Member
    Waves back. So you live quite near to me. And KJ is lovely in a bloke sense of way, as in I wouldn't mind if he was a mate of mine and going out for a pint.
    Forum Member
    Waves back. So you live quite near to me. And KJ is lovely in a bloke sense of way, as in I wouldn't mind if he was a mate of mine and going out for a pint.

Well I'm only 9,390 miles away - so I'm quite local too ;):D Yes I'm that sad, I looked up the mileage (by air) from milton keynes airport to Cairns :D

I'm at a bit of a loose end today - no work, no money, nothing in particular to do. I'm going to make a cup of tea, twiddle my thumbs and ponder. I'll think of a plan just when it's too late to put it into action, you wait and see :o:D
    Forum Member
    ImaPlum wrote: »
    Well I'm only 9,390 miles away - so I'm quite local too ;):D Yes I'm that sad, I looked up the mileage (by air) from milton keynes airport to Cairns :D

That's an exact mileage is it. :p

Milton Keynes doesn't have an airport btw. Did you mean Luton?
    Forum Member
    That's an exact mileage is it. :p

Milton Keynes doesn't have an airport btw. Did you mean Luton?

Yes, it's exact, i paced it out myself in my calibrated slippers :p I've got no idea about the airport thingy, I found a website which did the sums, is there not maybe a little air-strip tucked away behind Great-Uncle Arthur's shoe emporium?

I shall go investigate mileage further next time I have a day off and/or am at a loose end :D Incidentally, you should have been in bed, you dirty stop-up!
    Forum Member
    Another website has just told me it's 9,357.5 miles - I like the apparent exactness of the decimal place!
    Forum Member
    http://www.london-luton.co.uk
    Incidentally, you should have been in bed, you dirty stop-up!

I'm an insomniac.
    Forum Member
    So am I, but the PG did the trick last night and I slept like a... I was going to say like a baby, but I had strange dreams about Richard Madeley (sp?), so probably not. He was trying to get me to go on holiday with him, and I didn't want to. But then we needed to escape the city on our bikes for some reasons, so the holiday plans got shelved anyway.
    Forum Member

I'm a part-time insomniac. Although I don't think technically it's insomnia as such, it's just worries keeping me awake, cure the worries and the sleep will come! Sounds a bit .... oh I can't remember the film, "build it and they will come" sort of thing!
    So am I, but the PG did the trick last night and I slept like a... I was going to say like a baby, but I had strange dreams about Richard Madeley (sp?), so probably not. He was trying to get me to go on holiday with him, and I didn't want to. But then we needed to escape the city on our bikes for some reasons, so the holiday plans got shelved anyway.

I'm getting very worried about you, it was Simon Cowell the other week and now Richard Madeley, you have issues which need facing up to! I've been teaching LittlePlum to get in touch with her inner free-range chicken, perhaps you need to get in touch with your inner something or other to free you from your strange choice of dream-time partners so to speak :p:D

Tonight I am mainly feeling awkward and like the cuckoo in the nest. My friend/landlady has some friends round for a BBQ and I feel ill at ease. I'm keeping out the way and did dinner for LP and I and we've been watching a movie, but I just feel uncomfortable as if we shouldn't be here. I'll just have to shrug it off I suppose and keep smiling and not try to work out what (if anything) is the significance of it all. That's the trouble with being a bit of a worrier, I try and look at things from all angles but it mainly gets me nowhere and then my inner ostrich pokes it's head out the sand and tells me to ignore it all and hope the situation (if there is one) goes away :D I really shouldn't share with you all the inner workings of my mind - I don't think it really does me any favours in the sanity stakes :o Incidentally, having an inner ostrich to guide me is great it saves me having to deal with the trouble my inner free-range chicken gets me into :D

I've not touched a drop to drink incidentally. Actually you can tell when I have, you saw what it does to my typing :D

Anyway, enough rambling I'm off to .... I don't know what I'm off to do .... twiddle my thumbs again probably ;)
    Forum Member

Richard Madeley. Now that is funny. He wasn't doing his Ali G impression was he?
    Forum Member
    I'm a part-time insomniac.

The wages are better when you're a full time insomniac.
    Forum Member
    The wages are better when you're a full time insomniac.

How about if I went casual rather than part-time, would I get 1.2 times the hourly rate? I think I could be casual about insomnia.
    Forum Member
    How about if I went casual rather than part-time, would I get 1.2 times the hourly rate? I think I could be casual about insomnia.

Dunno.

I get double time, as I'm hard core.