Options

Which shows DO YOU PRAY will be axed for 2013 ?

Comments

• Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything to do with antiques or car boot sales

Big Brother

House hunting programs (Except To buy or not to buy if Ed Hall is presenting!)
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could just try not watching them?

Whilst a valid point, I don't understand why people who share your view bother posting in a thread with a topic they don't give much value to. Like the TV shows, why not just ignore it?
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every single soap, every single reality show, every single talent show, every single house / garden makeover / buying and selling show, every single cookery programme.

The TV schedules would be a bit threadbare. though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dickh***d's real deal ..and the other ITV rubbish with dealers house-clearing. Yeah yeah..do we believe this everyone being so kind to each other and NOT trying to make a fast buck?
    I used to help out on an antique stall and it's cut-throat.you're out to make a profit whatever...however....And I speak as someone who loves antique programmes.
    .Roadshow and spin-offs and even cheesy Bargain Hunt. Flog it only irritates me because people are sad enough to flog a prized possession of great auntie Florrie for money to take themselves off the Alton Towers...wait till it's really worth something, you wossacks....Good on them as made an investment or went rummaging in a skip though.
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would axe the news and weather haha
    and football on main channels

none of the above will ever happen of course lol but the thread didn't say we had to be realistic
  • Options
    Hot ButterflyHot Butterfly Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Full English. Obvious crude corny humour. I so wanted it to be good. Embarrassing. Our first adult animation (I think) and it failed miserably IMO.
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say X Factor, because although I do watch it sometimes, I don't want to watch it! It's just become habit. I only watch the songs and comments now, skip everything else!

Also Countdown, just because whenever I'm in my house on a weekday, my almost deaf neighbour has it on and in my bedroom I can just hear the countdown music very loudly!
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most apart from some of the documentaries, HIGNFY and Dr who, mind you that is not as good as it was.

That was my TV viewing more or less anyway until I had enough and decided I was not going to bother any more.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please, "HOMES UNDER THE HAMMER" and anything with Dominic Littlewood in! Also get rid of THE JEREMY KYLE SHOW.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here are two serious suggestions.

Strictly Come Dancing and X-Factor.

I have no interest in watching middle aged TV presenters dancing badly in frumpy costumes or a pop group being manufactured, or judges antics.

Why don't I change channel?

Because of company. BBC and ITV manage to produce prime time viewing that is a must-not-miss for some people yet divides families. Whatever happended to trying to cater for the whole audience? Also they clash with Montalbano.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizaj wrote: »
    Flog it only irritates me because people are sad enough to flog a prized possession of great auntie Florrie for money to take themselves off the Alton Towers...wait till it's really worth something, you wossacks....Good on them as made an investment or went rummaging in a skip though.

If you watch these problems you will have heard the experts say "about 10 years ago this would have been worth xxx pounds, but the market has dropped and is now only worth x pounds" not everything increases in value.
  • Options
    c0boc0bo Posts: 6,472
    Forum Member
    Lets see:
    X Factor
    I'm a Celebrity
    Big Brother
    Britain's Got Talent
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eastenders

Any variation of the "Big Brother Strictly X Factor Pop Idol Come Dancing Skating On Ice Get Me Out Of Here" sub-genre type of programme

Any Party Political Programme fronted by mere Liberals until they take Lie Detector Tests - lest We have another omnishambles after the 2010 General Election.

Any Property Programme hosted by amateurs...such as Arts School Major Kirstie Allsopp and ex Channel 5 Childrens TV Presenter Lucy Alexander.

That should cut out 95% of the chaff on both BBC and ITV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    if BBC weeded out the garbage they broadcast then that would wipe out at least 50% of their entire schedule.

If ITV did likewise, they probably wouldnt have a show left to broadcast,
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Daybreak & anything 'Lorraine'
    This Morning
    Take me out
    X factor
    I'm a celeb....
    Red or Black
    Strictly...
    Dr Who

As others have stated - any roadshows, homes under the hammer, Countdown, Sport of any kind taking over prime time TV - especially football .:mad:
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Sandytop wrote: »

I have no interest in watching middle aged TV presenters dancing badly in frumpy costumes or a pop group being manufactured, or judges antics.

Because of company. BBC and ITV manage to produce prime time viewing that is a must-not-miss for some people yet divides families. Whatever happended to trying to cater for the whole audience? Also they clash with Montalbano.

BIB Sorry a program is supposed to be to hit the spot for the 'whole' audience?
    Everyone could potentially be watching it, must find it entertaining, really?
    You think that's a feasible objective?
    Why not just get up off your arris and remove yourself from their company.
    Go on break those mental chains, you'll probably find it liberating not to be stuck there like 12 0'clock struck dumb, once you've learned to leave the room.
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X factor
    Big brother
    Any dancing shows
    I'm a celeb
    Britain's got talent
    Eastenders
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every soap
    Every "reality" soap
    Every property programme
    Every antiques programme
    Every Dominic Littlewood show
    X Factor
    The voice
    Big Brother
    I'm a celeb
    BGT
    Jeremy Kyle
    Take me out
    Red or black
    Dr Who
    Who wants to be a millionaire
    Deal or no deal
    Eggheads
    QI
  • Options
    Sam SolitudeSam Solitude Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks (the least watched English soap)
    Football on weekday evenings on ITV1
    T.O.W.I.E,Made In Chelsea,Geordie Shore,etc.
    Antique bidding programmes.
    X Factor
    Big Brother
    All BBC quiz programmes where members of the public win thousands of pounds in cash prizes.It's a slap in the face to the licence payer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandytop wrote: »

I stopped watching X factor, it annoys me that other channels make no effort to put anything on to compete at the same time. I'm sure loads of people just watch blindly because there's nothing else on, I know I was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    jioscar wrote: »
    All cookery programmes :mad:

Why would you want to do that? Cooking shows are brilliant, they teach people how to cook in a way that's a lot easier than reading a recipe, do you want the entire population to live off pot noodles? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Brother, Watchdog, Eastenders, TOWIE, Geordie Shore.........X factor, The Voice, Strictly, The Lottery Show........., hang on there are just too many of them.
  • Options
    TOSSerrTOSSerr Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    TOWIE

Deal or No Deal
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucyloves wrote: »
    Why would you want to do that? Cooking shows are brilliant, they teach people how to cook in a way that's a lot easier than reading a recipe, do you want the entire population to live off pot noodles? :D

I agree that ALL cookery shows should be axed. We didn't have them when I was a girl - or even when I was first married - at least not so many. I absolutely loathe cooking and cookery programmes. :mad: However as I have been married for nearly 54 years, I have done my fair share of the cooking in this household. Actually almost all of it.

I would hardly call Harry Judd, Dani Harmer, Louis Smith, Victoria Pendleton et al, middle aged! :eek:
  • Options
    James_MonnellyJames_Monnelly Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Browns Boys
    Come Dine with Me
    Surprise Surprise
    Anything Kardasian related
    Made in Chelsea
    TOWIE
    Anything Miranda Hart related