Quantum Break

deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
Forum Member
Anyone looking to get this?

https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/Quantum-Break/23630687-fad2-4cc8-8cfc-6f213b808b4f?cid=majornelson

There is a pre-order bundle out (digital version), which includes, "Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, the Xbox 360 game playable on Xbox One " - all for £44.99?

I never see the point in releasing "pre-order" bundles when you can't actually play the game until release date (5th April'16), but there you go I guess!!

Not sure I'd be willing to fork out £45 for this but then again, you are getting Alan Wake's game as well - which ALSO can't be played before the 5th April ( Quantum Break includes full game download of Alan Wake, the Xbox 360 game playable on Xbox One, as well as The Signal and The Writer add-ons.
The code for these items will be delivered to your Xbox Message center within 7-10 days of Quantum Break’s release.)
?!?! :confused:

Comments

• WoodbineWoodbine Posts: 14,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the point of being able to pre order now is so you can download the game now and not wait for release.

I will definitely be getting it, love Remedy games.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it true that if you preorder Quantum Break on the Xbox One you get a free PC download of the game?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it true that if you preorder Quantum Break on the Xbox One you get a free PC download of the game?
    That is true, and it supports cross saves.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    You can get the same from game for £5 cheaper online and if it's crap you can at least trade it in...
  • GeeEmGeeEm Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    CD keys has this for £33 digital download but not sure if you get the extras
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
    Reviews are up & seem a bit mixed so far (Everywhere from in the 9's to 4/5/6's) although most are generally positive.

Gamespot - 6
    "Getting to the end of Quantum Break can be an interesting ride at times, but no matter how impressive the combat is, or how great the game looks, there's no getting around the fact that it's driven by a story with limited appeal and hindered by disappointing design decisions. "

IGN - 8
    "Quantum Break is an artistically distinct shooter, with a compelling and malleable plot and excellent performances from its main players in both their digital and live-action forms. While I wish more thought had gone into maintaining the thrill of discovering its time-twisting powers from start to finish, it ultimately didn’t prevent me from thoroughly enjoying Quantum Break’s 10-hour campaign, two times over. "

Giant Bomb - 4
    "There are a lot of sound ideas in the middle of Quantum Break and, hey, if you're a sucker for goofy time travel hijinks this game has that going for it, too. But those ideas are the only things holding this project together. The moment you look past that heady connective tissue, every single one of Quantum Break's individual elements fall flat. "

Games Radar - 7
    "The elements of a fantastic and creative action game are all present and correct, and at times Quantum Break is indeed both of those things. But unfortunately its various disparate parts tend to get in each other’s way, leading to a needlessly complicated presentation that inhibits anything from shining as brightly as it should. "

Polygon - 8.5
    " There's some wonky shooting and a few cringe-worthy story cliches present. But ineffective cover systems and narrative fridges notwithstanding, Quantum Break feels like the first action game taking real lessons from the Netflix binge-watch era, and in that respect, it's a surprising success."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeeEm wrote: »
    CD keys has this for £33 digital download but not sure if you get the extras
    You only get the extras if you pre order on the xbox store I think. CDkeys went down to £31 and that was too good to miss. Looking forward to playing this now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £45 for the store preorder, not a bad price for what's included.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £45 for the store preorder, not a bad price for what's included.

Yeah. Thats what I went for. I used the Amazon £35 of credit for £30 offer too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cdkeys unexpectedly gave me my Quantum Break code today, downloading it now. Doubt it will be downloaded by today (I get 3-4mb BB speed) but looking forward to playing this.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I downloaded the TV episodes last night, so as to avoid streaming them next week. 75GB!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I downloaded the TV episodes last night, so as to avoid streaming them next week. 75GB!
    I can't seem to do that, says bundle only :(

edit. found it and should download after the game.
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    ....anybody actually played this yet?!

Judging by all the reviews and short demos I have seen, the game looks confusing as hell to actually play through (i.e. enemies ALL OVER THE PLACE, and you have to keep constantly slowing down time in order to overcome them)?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still downloading and it's up to 70%, still got the 78GB episode pack to download...

But it doesn't look confusing to me.
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My copy arrived from ShopTo on Saturday. I haven't actually had time to play it yet though, hopefully I can play a bit tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm free Tuesday, Wednesday to play this, so no need to freeze time to have a go
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Still downloading and it's up to 70%, still got the 78GB episode pack to download...

But it doesn't look confusing to me.

I downloaded the game last week and set the 78GB to download last night.
    Thankfully I have a 2TB external drive to hold all this data.

At the moment I'm still waiting for a few messages to turn up for the W10 version and Alan Wake.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    I downloaded the game last week and set the 78GB to download last night.
    Thankfully I have a 2TB external drive to hold all this data.

At the moment I'm still waiting for a few messages to turn up for the W10 version and Alan Wake.
    Yeah I'm glad I invested in a 3TB and I didn't buy it from the xbox store so couldn't download until yesterday, but to be honest I'll probably wait for the weekend to play it.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picked it up this morning. Cost me 3 quid from Sainsbury (used Nectar double up). Worth it for Alan Wake alone (which oddly I am looking forward to playing more).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Picked it up this morning. Cost me 3 quid from Sainsbury (used Nectar double up). Worth it for Alan Wake alone (which oddly I am looking forward to playing more).

You could have picked up Alan Wake for a few quid somewhere and saved your points for something more worthwhile (Uncharted 4 prehaps). Picked up quantum break cheap further down the line, that would've being my course of action for a game I'm not that bothered about.

Alan Wake is good though so getting it for nothing is a no brainer.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    78gb .... Yikes.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think of it. Looks cool.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could have picked up Alan Wake for a few quid somewhere and saved your points for something more worthwhile (Uncharted 4 prehaps). Picked up quantum break cheap further down the line, that would've being my course of action for a game I'm not that bothered about.

Alan Wake is good though so getting it for nothing is a no brainer.

I figure that doubling 20 quid of Nectar points then trading QB reasonably quickly would result in a net gain of about 8 - 10 quid in real terms. Plus free Alan Wake.

QB is ok, skipped the first tv episode as not that fussed by buffering. It's quite fun to play with time and it is all quite cool. I find there is the odd bit of pop in here and there. I am half way through act 2 and haven't died once. So far a 6 or 7/10. Not really invested in the plot, it's just good fun in it's way but a bit twitchy control wise.
    Just my first impressions.
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    78gb .... Yikes.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think of it. Looks cool.

This in addition to the 40gb+ required for the game.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    gds1972 wrote: »
    This in addition to the 40gb+ required for the game.

Fcuk off ... This game is 120gb :o:o:o:o
    Forum Member