Options

Please Help Me With My Xbox One Voice Chat.

Mojo FonesMojo Fones Posts: 82
Forum Member
So the problem is that nobody can hear me through party or game chat, unless I use my Kinect for chat which is working fine. I've tried two different headsets; the one that came with the Xbox One and a Trutle Beach Stealth 500x. Both mics work fine as I can record voice over on Upload Studio clips, and the Turtle Beach one has mic monitoring which is perfectly okay. So I have deduced it is not hardware.

My wife's Xbox which is on the same network is functioning fine, she also has a pair of Stealth 500x and her voice chat is working as expected. So I have deduced it is not network settings. The only thing left is my Xbox itself, so I tried using both a wired ethernet connection and then using wifi, no difference. I then tried it with the Kinect unplugged. I've updated the gamepad and got the latest firmware on the headset.

It must be something to do with my Xbox but I cannot work it out, and it's become very frustrating. I hope you can help, thanks.

Comments

• Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Firstly try and carry out a firmware update on your controller to see if that fixes your issue. If this does not resolve your issue pairing your controller to the other console to see if you still get the same issue and then pair the controller from the other console to your one to try and narrow where the problem is by swapping things between the two of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks mate. I've already updated the controller but I'll try swapping them as you suggested. I'll also try signing into the wife's console and see if that works, although I can't see it being just my gamer tag.
  • Options
    TPKingTPKing Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I had issues with my stock headset where I kept on dropping out. I can see activity when one of friends speaks but I could not hear all reply back. The solution I can't pin down but it's one of two things or both. The controller firmware update or when I upgraded my rubbish BT ADSL that could only provide 4mbit/sec connection to Fibre. BT Infinity pushing out around 50mbit/sec and sub 10ms latency/ping. :)

Now it works like a charm :cool:

What's you internet speed? http://www.speedtest.net/

5305665325.png
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks TPKing, I get around 70mbits on BT Infinity. I'm really stumped; no idea where to go next. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here's another thing; my friends can see in the party chat that I'm talking because my avatar has the flashing circle - they just can't hear me. Think I'll get a PS4.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried swapping controllers, as gds1972 suggested?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yup, tried that. I've tried the three standard controllers we have, and also the two new elite controllers we've just bought. I even tried each one on my wife's Xbox, still nothing. I was only joking about the PS4 by the way, I love my Xbox. 😊
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    When you check in the network section of settings are you showing as having an open NAT?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aye, open NAT.