The Daily Pwice

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    Yes lets get into this, as you really seem to have a problem with Pete having his kids on his show, yet its not a problem for Harvey to be shown? Now before you start with the " Katie is showing what its like to bring up a child with disabilities" can i ask other than what you have read, what have you learned about bring up a disabled child similar to Harvey from her show? Katie has always said that Pete is Harveys Father, yet Pete is not allowed to show on camera, the struggles HE faces, as a single Dad, bringing up a child with disabilities. Katie shows Harvey on her show for no other reason, than there is no one legally allowed to stop her. She wanted Pete to stop showing the kids, because she thought without the kids Pete would not have a show, and its as simple as that! Katie controlling as per.:mad:

As a support worker for children with severe learning and behavioural disabilities .. I've not learnt much ... But having done my job for many years I can tell you Katie is a fantastic mother with Harvey.. That as a child with such complex needs he is unable to FAKE how much he loves his mother and if she wasn't involved with him as much as she obviously is .. You would know... Due to Harvey's complex needs he struggles to show affection etc.. The fact he does with his mother is fantastic

P.s without his kids.. From what I read.. He wouldn't have a show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have no idea how the kids will be affected by countless men, yet you seem convinced that Junior will be affected by doing what all kids do, by showing off in front of a camera, perhaps we should all stop posting videos and pics of our kids on facebook & twitter then :rolleyes:

Sorry didn't know I'm only allowed to think as you do.. It's my opinion.. I have stated more than once .. But you choose to ignore it... That I don't know how it has affected them .. And that time will tell.. But right now I don't think it's healthy for Peter to push junior in the way he does.
    Out of interest.. How many kids do you know followed for weeks/months on end by a tv crew??? And as a responcible parent .. I don't post videos of my children on either Facebook or twitter.. You don't know who will see those pics
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a support worker for children with severe learning and behavioural disabilities .. I've not learnt much ... But having done my job for many years I can tell you Katie is a fantastic mother with Harvey.. That as a child with such complex needs he is unable to FAKE how much he loves his mother and if she wasn't involved with him as much as she obviously is .. You would know...

Did i say she was a bad Mother? You throw your concern more towards the fact that Pete allows his kids to be filmed on his show, no one had any concerns about this when it was being filmed for Katie & Peter, Katie made it public that she wanted to withdraw her children from the public eye, which she did for a week or so, then we had the constant snaps of her kids being pictured with her latest man, some of which she took and allowed to be posted on social network sites. Why is right for Katie to film Harvey and not Pete? Both parents struggling to bring up a disabled child. Also you never commented back to me, when you said that the kids had only been introduced to 2 different men. Harvey is what 11 and has had 7 Uncles, now bearing in mind Pete was there for 4-5yrs, that means Harvey has had 6 Uncles in 6yrs, and correct me if im wrong, Pete being the only one that remains in contact now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did i say she was a bad Mother? You throw your concern more towards the fact that Pete allows his kids to be filmed on his show, no one had any concerns about this when it was being filmed for Katie & Peter, Katie made it public that she wanted to withdraw her children from the public eye, which she did for a week or so, then we had the constant snaps of her kids being pictured with her latest man, some of which she took and allowed to be posted on social network sites. Why is right for Katie to film Harvey and not Pete? Both parents struggling to bring up a disabled child. Also you never commented back to me, when you said that the kids had only been introduced to 2 different men. Harvey is what 11 and has had 7 Uncles, now bearing in mind Pete was there for 4-5yrs, that means Harvey has had 6 Uncles in 6yrs, and correct me if im wrong, Pete being the only one that remains in contact now

Again if you bothered to read my posts properly.. I have never felt it was right filming their kids and have said so many many times..their parents are in the public eye..the kids shouldn't be.they should be allowed to grow up in as normal a life as possible... The reason they are still pictured is because Pete won't take them off his show. How many photo shoots has Katie done with her kids since she split from CAN?

How many "aunts" has Pete introduced to his kids ?? They are both as bad as each other ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry didn't know I'm only allowed to think as you do.. It's my opinion.. I have stated more than once .. But you choose to ignore it... That I don't know how it has affected them .. And that time will tell.. But right now I don't think it's healthy for Peter to push junior in the way he does.
    Out of interest.. How many kids do you know followed for weeks/months on end by a tv crew??? And as a responcible parent .. I don't post videos of my children on either Facebook or twitter.. You don't know who will see those pics

I personally do not post pictures or videos of my children either, my choice. But what i can not get my head around, is you keep beating Pete for pushing Junior in front of a camera, i see no ring through Juniors nose, or Pete beating him with a stick! Like i said before, you put a camera before any child, chances are they will show off, its what kids do. Filming lasts for 4hrs a day, its not 24/7. I know of no children being followed by a camera crew,not sure Pete's kids are either, but how is it okay for Katie to have Harvey filmed, and Pete not to film his children?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally do not post pictures or videos of my children either, my choice. But what i can not get my head around, is you keep beating Pete for pushing Junior in front of a camera, i see no ring through Juniors nose, or Pete beating him with a stick! Like i said before, you put a camera before any child, chances are they will show off, its what kids do. Filming lasts for 4hrs a day, its not 24/7. I know of no children being followed by a camera crew,not sure Pete's kids are either, but how is it okay for Katie to have Harvey filmed, and Pete not to film his children?

I don't beat him.. It's you who keeps having a go at me for expressing my opinion.. And you who keeps questioning me over it .. It's my opinion and I won't change it.. Harvey isn't in Katie's show that much.. And as I've said I don't believe ANY of the kids should be on tv..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again if you bothered to read my posts properly.. I have never felt it was right filming their kids and have said so many many times..their parents are in the public eye..the kids shouldn't be.they should be allowed to grow up in as normal a life as possible... The reason they are still pictured is because Pete won't take them off his show. How many photo shoots has Katie done with her kids since she split from CAN?

So Katie is right to film Harvey? Why should he remove the kids from the camera if they are happy to be filmed? Katie was happy to use the kids to promote her equestrian range, happy to have her childrens pictures posted on Twitter, or red carpet events, but she made the big song and dance about removing them from the public eye
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't beat him.. It's you who keeps having a go at me for expressing my opinion.. And you who keeps questioning me over it .. It's my opinion and I won't change it.. Harvey isn't in Katie's show that much.. And as I've said I don't believe ANY of the kids should be on tv..

I am merely expressing my opinion, and you do beat Pete for allowing the kids to be filmed, you brought him in to this thread for having the kids filmed, yet this thread is about Katie :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am merely expressing my opinion, and you do beat Pete for allowing the kids to be filmed, you brought him in to this thread for having the kids filmed, yet this thread is about Katie :confused:[/QUOTE

DISCLAIMER ....
    I have never beat Peter Andre up.. Infact I've never been in the same room as him...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How many "aunts" has Pete introduced to his kids ?? They are both as bad as each other ..

Allot less than 7 in 10yrs ( actually its 6 Uncles in 6 years) , Is the answer 2? Bit of a difference, how many Aunts has Pete moved into his home? None. Pete allows not only himself to get to know the Aunt, but allows his kids to get to know them to, there is the difference
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a support worker for children with severe learning and behavioural disabilities .. I've not learnt much ... But having done my job for many years I can tell you Katie is a fantastic mother with Harvey.. That as a child with such complex needs he is unable to FAKE how much he loves his mother and if she wasn't involved with him as much as she obviously is .. You would know... Due to Harvey's complex needs he struggles to show affection etc.. The fact he does with his mother is fantastic

P.s without his kids.. From what I read.. He wouldn't have a show

And your closing sentence is the ONLY reason Katie requested that they be removed from his show! Nothing to do with the kids welfare or safety!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When children spend 50% of their time with each parent, it would be remiss to only look at and condemn the parenting of one and ignore the other parent. I think it is wrong to suggest that the children will be damaged when they grow up, because of one parent.

A example of this was the posts suggesting that Ms Price was solely responsible for Juniors dental decay. A week later their father writes he spent £50.00 on M and Ms on a trip out with them.

It takes two people to make a baby and it takes two to raise them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    When children spend 50% of their time with each parent, it would be remiss to only look at and condemn the parenting of one and ignore the other parent. I think it is wrong to suggest that the children will be damaged when they grow up, because of one parent.

A example of this was the posts suggesting that Ms Price was solely responsible for Juniors dental decay. A week later their father writes he spent £50.00 on M and Ms on a trip out with them.

Which is allot easier when the parents are together in the same house, somewhat different when living separate, as the one parent maybe trying to instil one set of values, and the other trying to instil another, like Mom makes me go to bed at 7, but Dad lets me stay up til when ever i want, Its no so easy when not within one family unit
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

^^ Exactly.
    (Although I think that it is only fair to remind you that fairness and intelligent comments have no place on a KP thread;))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which is allot easier when the parents are together in the same house, somewhat different when living separate, as the one parent maybe trying to instil one set of values, and the other trying to instil another, like Mom makes me go to bed at 7, but Dad lets me stay up til when ever i want, Its no so easy when not within one family unit

Then both parents should get together and discuss how they think they should raise their children.. They don't have to live together to work together in raising their children.. A general set of rules .. I.e. bedtimes during school terms and weekends etc. . It's not hard to do surely
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And your closing sentence is the ONLY reason Katie requested that they be removed from his show! Nothing to do with the kids welfare or safety!

We will have to agree to disagree ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will have to agree to disagree ...

I think so
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then both parents should get together and discuss how they think they should raise their children.. They don't have to live together to work together in raising their children.. A general set of rules .. I.e. bedtimes during school terms and weekends etc. . It's not hard to do surely

It doesn't sound hard, but you would be surprised :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you... I have a feeling that both parents over compensate for the time they spend away from their children... children on the whole are manipulative when they are not getting consistent parenting... however I am uncomfortable with the comments on Junior's behaviour... he is a very young child who will behave badly at times and wonderfully at other times... giving him bags of self esteem is not setting him up for a fall it is believing in your child absolutely which most parents do... if it is not at the expense of school work I don't see a problem.

KP despite her sanctimonious I want to keep the children out of the press has never done so... every time she puts a picture on twitter it is a come buy me... every time she poses them with herself and the new man it is putting them in a spotlight... she tried and failed to do what Chantellitall is now trying... to keep all of the revenue for herself.

The revolving door of men through the children's life is damaging... so is their parents inability to work together to provide stability... tbh PA has been sensible in allowing how his relationships affect the children... out of the two of them I think he does try to put the children first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't sound hard, but you would be surprised :(

Then shame on both parents... When i split from my violent ex.. I hate his guts to this day.. I never once stopped him seeing our son.. Never once slagged him off ..even though he did me once or twice... And never told my son what a complete pig ( I wanted to use a much stronger word but thought better of it) his father was.. We were always amicable when our son was there and we set rules we both followed to ensure he had a routine no matter who he was with.. To many parents use their kids to hurt their ex..
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    So Katie is right to film Harvey? Why should he remove the kids from the camera if they are happy to be filmed? Katie was happy to use the kids to promote her equestrian range, happy to have her childrens pictures posted on Twitter, or red carpet events, but she made the big song and dance about removing them from the public eye

This ^ .
    You made an excellent point re ,why is it acceptable & indeed laudable that KP shows how hard her life is dealing with a disabled child ---yet the other accepted parent who shares custody is banned from sharing any insight of that kind during the child's time with him.
    Is Harvey different with Peter Andre ? Less needy ? Less 'difficult' ?
    And yes,of course he has a special needs nanny/nurse while with Andre ,but so does KP. So as usual Miss Pwice makes it all about how hard done by she is while refusing to allow people to see how Harvey's other 'parent' copes with the same child.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janna wrote: »
    This ^ .
    You made an excellent point re ,why is it acceptable & indeed laudable that KP shows how hard her life is dealing with a disabled child ---yet the other accepted parent who shares custody is banned from sharing any insight of that kind during the child's time with him.
    Is Harvey different with Peter Andre ? Less needy ? Less 'difficult' ?
    And yes,of course he has a special needs nanny/nurse while with Andre ,but so does KP. So as usual Miss Pwice makes it all about how hard done by she is while refusing to allow people to see how Harvey's other 'parent' copes with the same child.

Well obviously Harvey is less disabled when with Pete, and i hate it when people say, well she only has Harvey filmed to raise awareness, what a load of rubbish, i watched all the shows and i am no more enlightened on what its like to raise a disabled child. She wanted to score cheap points against Pete by saying well i removed the kids from the public eye, which she did for a whole week :D
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    Well obviously Harvey is less disabled when with Pete, and i hate it when people say, well she only has Harvey filmed to raise awareness, what a load of rubbish, i watched all the shows and i am no more enlightened on what its like to raise a disabled child. She wanted to score cheap points against Pete by saying well i removed the kids from the public eye, which she did for a whole week :D
    Double standards from her on that for sure,but typical of her "it's all about ME!" attitude.
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have to say I agree with this. I have always said she only did the ban to get one over on Pete. If anything it's Harvey that shouldn't be filmed. On the basis that he doesn't seem to like it or enjoy it! KP admitted he doesn't like photo shoots but yet he still did a few after. Why should he if he finds it distressing?

I do wonder what excuse she will give as to why she will allow her new baby with Kevin to be filmed/photographed.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Oh for gods sake. Her latest victim of her bitchy Sun column -

http://dspy.me/ZFaKjT
This discussion has been closed.